cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ebay is for the buyer not for the seller

I am so fed up. Why is ebay the only platform that lets the buyer have 4 days to pay? Since when does a person go into a store, go up to the register and tell the register person I'll pay in 4 days. This is an out rage!!! No other person now can buy or send an offer on that item for 4 days. I have had 5 no pay in one month even though the offer was agreed upon. And the buyer just disappears. This is just not fare.

Message 1 of 38
latest reply
37 REPLIES 37

@baydistributionllc wrote:

In my store you get 1 day to pay. If its not paid when Im done shipping everything else I cancel it.

/

What reason are you using?

Message 31 of 38
latest reply

I expressed no anger at all, just matter-of-fact life circumstances. I pay, you ship instead of gaming the system with handling times, etc. I get my item promptly or I do not buy from you again. I allow 7 calendar days from payment to delivery before abandoning a seller. I never buy amazon. Most items that I buy are vintage or collectibles which do not usually exist in real stores.

Message 32 of 38
latest reply

Wow. Seven days seems at best optimistic.

I allow 21 days based on mail order selling since the '70s. That's for delivery anywhere in North America.  Same with purchasing and selling.

The postal system (and couriers) are not controlled by the seller. Between weather and human error problems can arise.

Message 33 of 38
latest reply

21 day delivery in mail order WAS the standard in the late 1940's and '50's. with the truck system.  It has no place in a modern world. I spent 36 years pre-retirement in the computer service sector where next day delivery was usually much too slow, and I frequently chartered airplanes to deliver parts in a matter of hours when  next flight out with the major aIr carriers would NOT meet customer contract terms.  In my world, a week has always been an ETERNITY! Until the trump era post office appointments , even usps delivered in 2 or three days to  most of the USA after origin surrender and almost always made  7 day delivery, even with parcel post! FedEx is/was about 72 hours via ground, and UPS about 4 days post tendered. Not at all unreasonable. 10 days was guaranteed and achieved by PonyExpress in 1861 from St Joseph, Mo to Sacramento, Ca about 2100 miles on horseback.

Message 34 of 38
latest reply

@fern*wood wrote:

In my store you get 1 day to pay. If its not paid when Im done shipping everything else I cancel it.

@baydistributionllc : What reason are you using?

Message 35 of 38
latest reply

I forgot to tell you all that Pony Express speed record was the delivery of a copy of Pres. Abraham Lincoln's  inaugral speech in 1861 that went the same route from Missouri to California in 7 days plus  just under 18 hours on horseback. They also set the precedent for the modern USPS by losing about 5x to 8x  as much money as they charged for each piece of mail, A half ounce letter postage was $5 and it actually cost them about $35 to $40 for each letter delivered.  Alternative delivery methods of the time was by overland stagecoach at an average of 24 days  OR  by ocean ship around the tip of S. America at an average of 3 months.

Message 36 of 38
latest reply

I've mentioned this several times in other posts. Some of These unpaid guests. They aren't Guests at All. 

Go into your seller hub.  Go to those items that are unpaid for.  Click the little arrow next to the item. Go down and click view order details. Therein is exactly what they are looking for.  Now they are one step closer to trying what they want to try. 

Message 37 of 38
latest reply

@fern*wood wrote:

@fern*wood : Although he is dodging a reply to our questions in this thread he did let slip what he does in this other thread: https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/How-long-do-you-give-buyers-who-haven-t-paid/m-p/33395413#M212...

He selects the false reason of Buyer Requested Cancel. He rationalizes it as 'because not paying is asking to cancel'.

Message 38 of 38
latest reply