cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ebay is for the buyer not for the seller

I am so fed up. Why is ebay the only platform that lets the buyer have 4 days to pay? Since when does a person go into a store, go up to the register and tell the register person I'll pay in 4 days. This is an out rage!!! No other person now can buy or send an offer on that item for 4 days. I have had 5 no pay in one month even though the offer was agreed upon. And the buyer just disappears. This is just not fare.

Message 1 of 38
latest reply
37 REPLIES 37

Do away with best offer and require immediate payment and the problem would be solved.

Have a great day
Message 2 of 38
latest reply

If you're that outraged, don't do auctions or best offers.

List with fixed price/buy it now/immediate payment required.

Smoke From A Distant Fire - Sanford Townsend Band
Message 3 of 38
latest reply

Just revise the listing to one available again, if it sells again before the customer pays, then just cancel the original purchase.  I don’t play these games either, it’s my money and I want it now lol…

Message 4 of 38
latest reply

@terri952 wrote:

I am so fed up. Why is ebay the only platform that lets the buyer have 4 days to pay? Since when does a person go into a store, go up to the register and tell the register person I'll pay in 4 days. This is an out rage!!! No other person now can buy or send an offer on that item for 4 days. I have had 5 no pay in one month even though the offer was agreed upon. And the buyer just disappears. This is just not fare.

Easy fix! 

List your items as BIN with IPR and you'll never have another non-payer! Do NOT have a b.o. option.

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 5 of 38
latest reply

The simple fix would be to only use buy it now listings with immediate payment. If you primarily use auction listings, then unfortunately you have to play the waiting game until the buyer pays. 

Don't despair.....everything will be OK!

Message 6 of 38
latest reply

No need to be fed up. Buy it now with immediate payment as others suggest. In addition, I choose to send offers if I have multiple watchers on an item. Its within my control. Low risk item, I send the offer. High risk I don't.

Message 7 of 38
latest reply

Your right. I used to do that. But I had less sales then. I put make an offer, get more sales, but then I run the chance of no pay. I thought eBay was going to change that

Message 8 of 38
latest reply

Sorry, but I don’t understand the abbreviations. IBN   IPR   BO option

Message 9 of 38
latest reply

@terri952 wrote:

BIN = buy it now (fixed price)

IPR = immediate payment required (item isn't considered sold until payment is processed.)

BO = best offer

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 10 of 38
latest reply

BIN = Buy It Now

IPR = Immediate Payment Required

BO = Best Offer (or body odor)

Smoke From A Distant Fire - Sanford Townsend Band
Message 11 of 38
latest reply

@terri952 wrote:

She is saying, BIN = buy it now, IPR= immediate payment required and BO= best offer.

Message 12 of 38
latest reply

But I had less sales then.

When was then?

We are now past the pandemic surge in online sales, and any comparisons we make should be with our 2018-2019 transactions.

Many of your items are Collectibles and the Best Offer seems to be accepted on about half of your sales.

To my mind, that means BO does work for you.

The up to four days delay comes with the territory. Remember that with a BO (as with an auction) the buyer may not be at their computer when you accept the Offer.

And while we sellers try to be on top of our sales, buyers have more on their minds.

If I'm in a store, I can pay immediately for my purchases. And then I walk out with my new stuff.

But shopping online, I may have half a dozen items in my shopping carts for a few days before I pay. And it will be days if not weeks before I get those purchases.

Apples and oranges. Both are fruits. Both may contain seeds. Both are rich sources of Vitamin C and of fibre.

But like B&M and online shopping, there are also distinct differences.

Message 13 of 38
latest reply

wait till you learn they can send back the item "for ANY REASON"   up till 6 MONTHS!     buy a wedding dress, wear it to the wedding, then SEND IT BACK!   its like RENTING STUFF FOR FREE!!!

Message 14 of 38
latest reply

the fix is buy it nows.....the fix is buy it nows....   what ever happened to EBAY THE AUCTION SITE????     they have DESTROYED IT!    (trying to be like amazon)    it was a bone head move.  it made ebay different, gave them a  market unto themselves.   but those in power at ebay did not see the value in that.... again, bone headed move.

Message 15 of 38
latest reply