cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone blowing out Christmas items yet?

Just wondering if other sellers keep their Christmas items from one year to the next or try to blow them out to get the shelf space back and since they have the whole Spring and Summer garage sale season to source more of them.

I just put all my Christmas that I didn't have quantity on half price. Just wondering if that is a regular thing that other sellers do.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

I keep all my Christmas listed until the end of next April / May.  I do not put them on sale. Then I unlist all of them.   Then I will Relist towards the end of next July / August before they expire.  Works for me!  I sold quite a few that carried over from last year.  I have no problem hanging on to items for a year or 2 until they sell.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

I keep holiday items listed all year, you never know when someone might be looking for some.

Have a great day
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

I keep most of mine up all year long for the most part. Of course if they sell out I end them and relist later in the year. You would be surprised how often I sell a Keep Christ in Christmas magnet, or nativity, in the middle of the Summer. LOL

Happy holidays!

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Good inventory like that is too hard to find around here for me to blow stuff like that out (our yard sales are kind of rubbish - anything good is sold online by the homeowners).  Really good Christmas stuff will keep all year, anyway. I sold some really cute 50s Santas in balloons in April, I think it was.

ETA: I don't often get Christmas or other holiday items consigned to me.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

@onefootflipper  I will probably run another sale or two between now and the 15th, but not a blow out. Might give a bigger discount than usual on some of the larger Holiday items,  just to try to make space. As others have said, this stuff sells year round, and I usually sell some in the weeks after Christmas, without any big discount.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Well the one thing that definitely got too cheap with the sale sold almost instantly. The rest of them I am perfectly OK with letting go at half price. They have had the last 3-6 months to sell at the RIGHT price (I was lowest the whole time since I post lowest at start and price drop over time).

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

I keep mine listed constantly, since I find they sell all year round (you'd be surprised how many ornaments I've sold in June and July!). Most of what I have is ornaments that don't take up much shelf space, so I don't see any need to lower the price on them.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply