cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ebay! Please fix the Toys & Hobbies category you screwed up in the latest updates

Can't relist or sell similar or even do a new listing in the newly renamed TV & Movie character category as it refuses to accept the BRAND is correct and I can't even try re-entering it as the option to enter anything but Unbranded or Handmade isn't there.

Before you say it, yes I KNOW I'm not talking to ebay but maybe someone can tag/page one of the community people who can get this looked at.

This is URGENT for toy sellers.

Message 1 of 43
latest reply
42 REPLIES 42

ebay! Please fix the Toys & Hobbies category you screwed up in the latest updates

Is there no end to this?

I would think not.  It seems to get worse by the day.  With new products and new UPC numbers added to the planet daily, old ones reused, and characteristics ever changing, the problems with ebay trying to catalog the universe are likely to be ongoing.  Unfortunately, their ineptness impacts a seller's income in a negative fashion.

Message 16 of 43
latest reply

@pink.fish.rule wrote:
So I go into bulk editor to change the IS for brand to unbranded just so I can at least get my listings up and find I have to edit individually because when I try to do them by category I get a "system error" message.

Is there no end to this?

just for information. 

I just bulk relisted items, one of which was a Mattel brand.  It gave me the warning that the brand was (now I've forgotten the term......not a brand?).  I did not change it........and the relist went thru with Mattel as the brand still showing in item specifics.

Obviously this info only concerns relists.......not your problem with new listings.

Message 17 of 43
latest reply

No, I found like you, that other toy categories are triggering the warning but will go through and the brands are right there in the drop down.

In the TV & Movie (newly expanded) subcat, you can ONLY do Unbranded regardless of whether it's new, a relist, revision or sell similar.
Message 18 of 43
latest reply

It seems slightly ridiculous that a so called global technology company has no-one at all on board to fix these issues because it's a weekend in the US.

Message 19 of 43
latest reply

@dhbookds wrote:

tyler@ebay

here's a screen shot of the brand problem in Movie and Toys.............  I presume the -- was supposed to be able to be filled in, but that's not working........  To the team..........and whoever is supposed to test this stuff before it gets out......

image.png

Having same issue :

Think this user was reffering to similar issue here :

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Error-in-listing-saying-brand-is-is-missing-and-eBay-...

And I mentioned it here :

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Missing-Item-Specifics/m-p/28817060#M46744

and the only way I can re-list (a GTC to get it live again) or add inventory is use Unbranded.

Open ticket reported last night (8/4) CS tried to do it on their end too. ( Change Brand, remove brand , add back in, multiple times) 

But ..........we did not know at the time that unbranded would work, wrong still but allowed both to re-list and add inventory 

Message 20 of 43
latest reply

@toomstoys wrote:

@dhbookds wrote:

tyler@ebay

here's a screen shot of the brand problem in Movie and Toys.............  I presume the -- was supposed to be able to be filled in, but that's not working........  To the team..........and whoever is supposed to test this stuff before it gets out......

image.png

Having same issue :

Think this user was reffering to similar issue here :

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Error-in-listing-saying-brand-is-is-missing-and-eBay-...

And I mentioned it here :

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Missing-Item-Specifics/m-p/28817060#M46744

and the only way I can re-list (a GTC to get it live again) or add inventory is use Unbranded.

Open ticket reported last night (8/4) CS tried to do it on their end too. ( Change Brand, remove brand , add back in, multiple times) 

But ..........we did not know at the time that unbranded would work, wrong still but allowed both to re-list and add inventory 

Sorry @dhbookds that was supposed to be at >>>>>>

@pink.fish.rule

to confirm same issue he (OP) was speaking to 

Thanks for paging Tyler .........

Sincerely Appreciate Everything you (dhbookds) do here !

Message 21 of 43
latest reply

Hi pink.fish.rule,

We're very sorry that you've been experiencing issues with the Brand tag in this category. We've gone ahead and implemented a fix for this, Brands should now be displaying properly within TV & Movie Character Toys.

Thank you for sharing this issue you've been having, and once again we're very sorry that you've had difficulties selling your items on eBay.

Regards,

Lena

Message 22 of 43
latest reply

Still Not fixed as far as I can see.........

Message 23 of 43
latest reply

@lena_classification

This is what I see now........Mattel was removed from choices, but you still cannot type in a brand name.  Also, if you begin with an H  Handmade autopopulates.

image.png

Message 24 of 43
latest reply

If it isn't directly impacting revenue stream it is just one of a 1000 broken bits that may or may not get taken care of in the next 10 years.

Just put the right words in your title

Message 25 of 43
latest reply

@lena_classification

as explanation, I mention the autopopulate since some brand names could begin with H (hasbro)......so if autopopulate continues it will prevent entering those names.

Also, I hate to expand this thread, but strike when you have (may have) a blue's attention......  There are numerous other problems with the category changes......do you have a list or want a list?  Particularly, Polo as a new category, yet still in Casual shirts as a subcategory,  Casual Shirt now named Casual shirts Button Down......when it contains turtlenecks and tank tops.....  There is also a required waist size in the category into which blazers were put (no not applicable choice)........  Those are off the top of my head with one cup of coffee.........there may be more.  I've also run into many errors/bad item specifics in various categories........ Is there a place we can submit these on the off chance we can get them corrected? 

Thanks for your attention........

Message 26 of 43
latest reply

@lena_classification wrote:

Hi pink.fish.rule,

We're very sorry that you've been experiencing issues with the Brand tag in this category. We've gone ahead and implemented a fix for this, Brands should now be displaying properly within TV & Movie Character Toys.

Thank you for sharing this issue you've been having, and once again we're very sorry that you've had difficulties selling your items on eBay.

Regards,

Lena

Sorry to burst your bubble, but this is in no way "fixed".

I am still being told valid brands are "invalid" and still can't revise the ones I sent live as Unbranded.

And while we're at it, what's with the verbiage that makes it sound like the issues are my fault?

Message 27 of 43
latest reply

Hi,

We're currently looking into this issue as a matter of utmost priority, as we've confirmed that the issue is still not fixed. 

We're very sorry for the disruption this is causing to sellers such as yourself. We're working hard to see that this is fixed ASAP, and we will continue to monitor the situation.

Kind Regards,
Lena

Message 28 of 43
latest reply

Okay. Well I'm also now getting a warning of "invalid category" when I try to relist in the TV Movies Character subcat.

Maybe my time would be better spent banging my head against the wall at this point.

Maybe some free listings once it's fixed to compensate for the time & effort to revise all these 'unbranded' listings I now have?
Message 29 of 43
latest reply

tyler@ebay

Lena says this is fixed, but it's not........  since the "mattel" disappeared from the orginal post I made, I don't think it's just slowing in rolling out.  Apparently, lena is not available.  Could you check with the team and be sure they haven't marked it fixed when it isn't? 

Message 30 of 43
latest reply