cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in listing saying brand is is missing and eBay global deactivated?

Has anyone been experiencing listing issues today where eBay global is totally deactivated and an error stating item is missing brand even though that is clearly not the case? 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Error in listing saying brand is is missing and eBay global deactivated?

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Missing-Item-Specifics/m-p/28817060#M46744

I too am having an issue upon re-listing 

What I described on my post - Is that what you are seeing?

"an error stating item is missing brand even though that is clearly not the case? "

It looks like there's a problem with this listing.

• Item specifics - The item specific Brand is missing. Add Brand to this listing, enter a valid value, and then try again.

Gives option with a drop down , but I already have the word Mattel in there and it is also an option.

The only way I can get it to list (or re-list) is choose "Unbranded" but that will just bury me in search and give buyers bad info, return bad searches etc 

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

@santajack wrote:

Has anyone been experiencing listing issues today where eBay global is totally deactivated and an error stating item is missing brand even though that is clearly not the case? 

Hi santajack,

Thank you very much for reporting this issue, we're really sorry that you've been unable to list your products.

We're currently looking into this as a matter of utmost priority. We believe this is related to other problems being reported by the community about Brand Item Specifics not showing up correctly in Toys & Hobbies categories after the latest category rollout.

Once again we're very sorry for the disruption this is causing to sellers such as yourself. We're working hard to see that this is fixed ASAP, and we will continue to monitor the situation.

Kind Regards,
Lena

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Hi again, 

The fix for the Brand Item Specifics within the Toys & Hobbies category is now live on site.

Just want to once again apologize for all the hassle and stress caused by this. Please let me know if you're still having difficulties.

Lena

Message 4 of 4
latest reply