cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This needs to stop!

eBay is finally, officially open today --

and then this?

Hi, Good day to you. We are sorry to inform you that the item you purchase is last one we have in our warehouse. Unfortunately, we found out the item was damaged we had to cancel this item off of your order. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and for the delay in contacting you. The money has been fully refunded as well.

The seller cancelled your order

We are sorry to let you know that [seller] cancelled your order and mentioned the cancelled reason as Buyer asked to cancel the order
The seller refunded $[amount] back to your original payment method, and you don't need to do anything else.

Message 1 of 46
latest reply
45 REPLIES 45

This needs to stop!

Call ebay and set them straight.

I did and they changed the reason from problem with address to out of stock.

Message 2 of 46
latest reply

This needs to stop!

@emerald40 wrote:

Yes, definitely call Customer Service and have them read the message.  This seller is circumventing a defect ... they should own up to the mistake.

Message 3 of 46
latest reply

This needs to stop!

@emerald40 wrote:

@hafoster

and be sure to tell CS that the seller LIED and is dodging a defect.  Leave appropriate feedback.

I am sick, sick, sick to death of sellers that do this.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 4 of 46
latest reply

This needs to stop!

@southern*sweet*tea wrote:

@emerald40 wrote:

@hafoster

and be sure to tell CS that the seller LIED and is dodging a defect.  Leave appropriate feedback.

I am sick, sick, sick to death of sellers that do this.

I bet OP's seller  will get the 4%  fee   increase   pretty soon.

Message 5 of 46
latest reply

This needs to stop!

I had one like that.  There appeared to be damage which I questioned.  Seller said item was fine, so I bought and paid.  Immediately after paying, I get a message saying that there is something broken off the roof, and I don't know what it was and that there are cracks on the front of the house.  Please let me know if you want to cancel and I will refund you.  

So I waited a bit to see what would happen; clearly nothing.  So I messaged the seller that I understood she was out of stock.  Seller was indignant.  I am not a business, I am an individual selling my collection.  I explained that on ebay, whether or not you are a business, if you can't provide the item in the condition specified, you are out of stock.

No response, but she refunded.  

Message 6 of 46
latest reply

This needs to stop!

castle - You mean you bought a house from someone other than me?  I'm crushed!  (j/k!)

----------------------------
Successful and experienced seller since 1997, over 70,000 feedback, boardie since the boards were begun.
Message 7 of 46
latest reply

This needs to stop!

@emerald40 wrote:

Thanks, were you able to see where the reason was changed to Out of stock?

CS said check Purchase history. But clicking under Canceled items on:

This order was canceled. View details

The next page, mostly whitespace, just says:

This order was canceled
The seller canceled your order.

with a zero balance and no further details?

Message 8 of 46
latest reply

This needs to stop!

Seems like a copy and paste auto message from a drop shipper eBay seller who has no stock of anything. They do this to cover themselves when they realize the item was out of stock from amazon or what ever other web site they were planning to send it to the buyer from. Classic drop shippers message.

Message 9 of 46
latest reply

This needs to stop!

And a buyer never lies of course, if this happens to me and i notice a defect i hadn't previously seen ( Happens ) after a sale i photograph the item to prove what i am saying, it's an error not previously picked up, the follow up feedback you suggest is just childish. The money is refunded the defect on the account. End of
Message 10 of 46
latest reply

This needs to stop!

@elitefashions12-0

so you feel it's childish to warn others that the seller may not be able to provide the item thatyou paid for?

SMH

yes the seller gets a defect on their account but there is no reason not to warn others that this seller is doing a poor job of describing their items, or is unable to provide the item.

Message 11 of 46
latest reply

This needs to stop!

a

@hafoster wrote:

@emerald40 wrote:

Thanks, were you able to see where the reason was changed to Out of stock?

CS said check Purchase history. But clicking under Canceled items on:

This order was canceled. View details

The next page, mostly whitespace, just says:

This order was canceled
The seller canceled your order.

with a zero balance and no further details?

I called and told CS what happened.  I asked that a notation be made in the file.  She said the cancellation would be updated to OOS.  Now I never got any confirmation after that, so I am going on her word.

Did she actually change it, who knows.  But I do believe she made the notation I asked for.  So for me, hopefully when he does it to the next buyer and the next, it will become very apparent and the seller will be shut down.

Message 12 of 46
latest reply

This needs to stop!

You can call CS back and they will act like you've never spoken to them before...

Why is it as a seller when you request a cancle it says "we're just waiting for confirmation from the buyer"
when we just saw there is no confirmation mechanism... another eBay lie how surprising

Message 13 of 46
latest reply

This needs to stop!

@elitefashions12-0 wrote:
And a buyer never lies of course, if this happens to me and i notice a defect i hadn't previously seen ( Happens ) after a sale i photograph the item to prove what i am saying, it's an error not previously picked up, the follow up feedback you suggest is just childish. The money is refunded the defect on the account. End of

Do you LIE like the OP's seller did?

No, you don't. If you got a defect, then you didn't lie about the cancelation reason.

The OP's seller LIED and used the buyer requested cancel when the buyer did NOT request one. That is a LIE. If a seller can't own up to their own responsibilities, why should sellers expect buyers to?

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 14 of 46
latest reply

This needs to stop!

Buyer lost nothing, if the item is damaged it's damaged, it happens,no big deal, he gets the defect on the account but you want to add to the punishment, things can get missed, obviously you never made a mistake at all in life.
Message 15 of 46
latest reply