cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ebay! Please fix the Toys & Hobbies category you screwed up in the latest updates

Can't relist or sell similar or even do a new listing in the newly renamed TV & Movie character category as it refuses to accept the BRAND is correct and I can't even try re-entering it as the option to enter anything but Unbranded or Handmade isn't there.

Before you say it, yes I KNOW I'm not talking to ebay but maybe someone can tag/page one of the community people who can get this looked at.

This is URGENT for toy sellers.

Message 1 of 43
latest reply
42 REPLIES 42

ebay! Please fix the Toys & Hobbies category you screwed up in the latest updates

Screenshot - anyone see what's wrong with this picture?

Why can't ebay's programmers figure out the BRAND (a required field to list) will remain the same even if the category is changed?

Invalid brands toys.jpg

Message 2 of 43
latest reply

tyler@ebay

here's a screen shot of the brand problem in Movie and Toys.............  I presume the -- was supposed to be able to be filled in, but that's not working........  To the team..........and whoever is supposed to test this stuff before it gets out......

image.png

Message 3 of 43
latest reply

Do they even care that they've pretty much just shut down my business?

I can't even revise anything, and 98% of what I sell are NIB BRAND name toys.
Message 4 of 43
latest reply

And, late on a Friday afternoon.  Ouch!

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 5 of 43
latest reply

Message 6 of 43
latest reply

@dhbookds wrote:

tyler@ebay

here's a screen shot of the brand problem in Movie and Toys.............  I presume the -- was supposed to be able to be filled in, but that's not working........  To the team..........and whoever is supposed to test this stuff before it gets out......

image.png

Is there actually a job at ebay testing things before they go live??....that guy should be fired....

I noticed this problem too when I was relisting an item and thought it was a bit strange. The only Brand options are Unbranded, Handmade or a line. I thought....that's it....!!?? 

So I guess now, Hasbro and Mattel are no longer valid brands in ebay land. 

Message to ebay....Updates should be improvements, not screwing up what already works fine.

Message 7 of 43
latest reply

So it looks like my only choice if I want to actually LIST anything this weekend is to change them all to Unbranded, which a. makes me look like an idiot who doesn't know what they're doing (or alternatively that I'm selling 'unbranded' knockoffs) and b. sets me up for getting violations for not listing the "actual brand" at a later date now they're so enamored of their products based selling..

And c. Means MORE work for me to change them back once they (let's hope) fix this.
Message 8 of 43
latest reply

So I go into bulk editor to change the IS for brand to unbranded just so I can at least get my listings up and find I have to edit individually because when I try to do them by category I get a "system error" message.

Is there no end to this?
Message 9 of 43
latest reply

Have you tried to call them and report the issue? Even though their wait times are very long right now it may be good to report the issue and document the problem. Other wise instead of 2 to 3 years to fix the issue it could end up taking 5 or 6 years till they even notice.

Message 10 of 43
latest reply

I am having the same problem. Thought it was my computer! I've noticed the problem for the past few days!

Message 11 of 43
latest reply

@mikgile-39 wrote:

Have you tried to call them and report the issue? Even though their wait times are very long right now it may be good to report the issue and document the problem. Other wise instead of 2 to 3 years to fix the issue it could end up taking 5 or 6 years till they even notice.

Sad but kinda true........

OP: You might want to post this problem on the tech issues board.

Message 12 of 43
latest reply

Yeah, well get in line.

The comics TPB category has been screwed up for about a decade so no one is in any hurry to get anything fixed around here.

Message 13 of 43
latest reply

@mikgile-39 wrote:

Have you tried to call them and report the issue? 

I'd rather poke myself in the eye with a hot needle than try to explain a tech issue to an ebay CSR

Message 14 of 43
latest reply

I don't see how they expect their stupid product based catalog to work when they can't even get this stuff right.
Message 15 of 43
latest reply