cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay SCAMMED me for 1550$

This is maybe one of my final days on eBay. 

Currently i have so bad experience, that i cant even imagine how this can happen on marketplace like eBay. 

We sold product to our customer for 1550$, with DHL shipping included in price. 

For bigger values, like for this, DHL often dont left packages outside/porch. 

With this buyer, we had conversation after he recieved package and we have screenshoot PROOF  where he said that he recieved package.

One month after he opened case in his payment institution claiming he didnt recieved pacakge🤣

Ok, money is on hold in that moment and we provided all possible proofs to ebay (shipping label, DHL confirmation of delivery, screenshots with buyer on Instagram, ebay have also messages on platform...)

So, we literally provided every possible piece of informations that clearly shows buyer recieved package, and today, a month after he opened case in his bank/payment institution, ebay informed me that case was closed in buyers favour.

I am shocked and horrified. This maybe not be big money for some from US or some powerful country, but we are talking about 1 month regular salary in my country. And thats not the worst part. Worst part is that we are so confident at all selling on ebay anymore. 

Supposedly anyone can buy item on ebay and do scams like this. There is no any point sending packages via DHL express with signatures and other precaution. 

I just sent message to my lawyer and to seveeral different small case lawyers for online scams, so we can report this, also to report ebay and guys from customer service that didnt do their job when every possible piece of evidence was on their table.

I AM HORRIFIED! 

Message 1 of 61
latest reply
60 REPLIES 60

Re: eBay SCAMMED me for 1550$

He did, but just as an afterthought. Please ignore the title of this thread. Sigh.

Message 46 of 61
latest reply

@toysaver Not communication outside platform. Every detail about ordered item was on eBay. Because ebay doesnt allow sending videos of products, he told us we send videos/pictures to him on IG. 

After he recieved item, several days after, he asked us about one more part for his car, and we told him we cannot make that part, thats it. 

Screenshots was just additional evidence, because he admitted he recieved pacakge in that messages. 

All other evidences was in our eBay messages.

Sounds you are not satisfied with someone getting deserved refund. 

@bonjourami yes friend, thanks for advices 🙂

@stuff4divas thank you for sharing that link friend, its really helpful.

@wrong66As I said, the title of this post was written at a time when I couldn't believe that this scammer's bank returned the money regardless of the evidence given. The title was written solely out of anger and disbelief, nothing else.

I would change the title if possible, but at the end of the day I just hope that this topic will help someone else and that this will not happen to anyone.

Message 47 of 61
latest reply

@superfectabox wrote:

Don't use DHL...it's not part of eBay's Label Support (at least in the US it's only USPS, UPS and FedEx).

IF you had used eBay labels, it would have AUTOMATICALLY forced you to buy the signature confirmation based on the sale amount and then you would be golden and would have seller protection.

Not to be an ass, but you brought this on yourself. Getting fancy with eBay and going outside the beaten path will almost always hurt you.

Just an FYI- DHL IS part of eBay's integrated shipping carriers. 

Here is the link> https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/shipping-items/setting-shipping-options?id=4089

Message 48 of 61
latest reply

@stuff4divas wrote:

@bonjourami wrote:

So you did get refunded? If so, thats great!

In message 24, OP posted that eBay refunded them

Oh, boy.  That will teach me to carefully read an entire thread before saying anything.  But most of my comments were general, and still stand. 

-

Message 49 of 61
latest reply

If eBay scammed sellers, the business no longer 26 years old. Your buyer scammed you money, not an eBay. If you have Signature Confirmation of buyer on delivery proof, you must win an appeal.

Message 50 of 61
latest reply

Hey, i know this is finished regards to refund that eBay give to us. 

I have one more question, special for US citizens. 

I have so much proof that he made this fraud. I just checked his Instagram, and this guy installed steering wheel that he ordered from us on his car, and posted IG story while driving, where we can clearly see its our steering wheel, its custom made, so its really easy to distinguish. 

Now, my question is, with all proofs we have, how can we file fraud report if we are not from US? 

I know we got money back, but me and my colleagues are so frustrated seeing that someone can scam like this, and literally dont try to hide that. 

If there is any suggestion how we can report fraud and send all proofs that we saved, please let me know? 

Message 51 of 61
latest reply

I dont know how you could do that, as you are in another country.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 52 of 61
latest reply

@miamicarbon wrote:

Hey, i know this is finished regards to refund that eBay give to us. 

I have one more question, special for US citizens. 

I have so much proof that he made this fraud. I just checked his Instagram, and this guy installed steering wheel that he ordered from us on his car, and posted IG story while driving, where we can clearly see its our steering wheel, its custom made, so its really easy to distinguish. 

Now, my question is, with all proofs we have, how can we file fraud report if we are not from US? 

I know we got money back, but me and my colleagues are so frustrated seeing that someone can scam like this, and literally dont try to hide that. 

If there is any suggestion how we can report fraud and send all proofs that we saved, please let me know? 

Yes you can file fraud and theft on the perpetrator: use the FBI or Postal inspector site to do so.

Such could be you are still due punitive damage due to the whole event:

Note: this would come under fraud: since you were refunded.

Message 53 of 61
latest reply

Thanks for answer. I contacted several services that deal with this kind of frauds. 

Just to be clear, we do not want any money/benefit for us, just want this guy shows in fraud reports, because its not excluded he did this to other sellers. We already have contact with one seller that was scammed by the same guy.

Message 54 of 61
latest reply

eBay requires online viewable signature confirmation, and in many countries, while people do sign when paying taxes, the signature is not attached to the tracking number like it is for Signature DC.

She ❤︎ Her ❤︎ Hers
Message 55 of 61
latest reply

To our great surprise, we received a message from eBay this morning saying that they checked all the information we gave them and refunded the money to our eBay account.

@miamicarbon 

YES!!!!!  So happy for you! 

Message 56 of 61
latest reply

Thanks so much @ittybitnot 

Message 57 of 61
latest reply

Don't use DHL...it's not part of eBay's Label Support (at least in the US it's only USPS, UPS and FedEx).

IF you had used eBay labels, it would have AUTOMATICALLY forced you to buy the signature confirmation based on the sale amount and then you would be golden and would have seller protection.

Not to be an ass, but you brought this on yourself. Getting fancy with eBay and going outside the beaten path will almost always hurt you.

This would be a bit difficult for the seller to do since they are not the ones obtaining the shipping label nor are they ones doing the actual shipping. 

Message 58 of 61
latest reply

@miamicarbon wrote:

Thanks for answer. I contacted several services that deal with this kind of frauds. 

Just to be clear, we do not want any money/benefit for us, just want this guy shows in fraud reports, because its not excluded he did this to other sellers. We already have contact with one seller that was scammed by the same guy.

Agree this scammer needs to be punished by the law. Is his account still active on eBay?

I'm pretty sure he can be reported 'at least' for internet fraud since the internet is global.

Congrats on your refund! 😉 and thank you for the continued info and updates! 😊

Message 59 of 61
latest reply

eBay  did not scam you, so get that straight.

The buyer filed a case that is protected by eBay's MBG. 

You can say it's  for parts or as is or no refunds and it doesn't  matter if the buyer knew it because they can still file a not described case and get a refund.

YOU are the one being the scammer by closing your checking account to avoid refunding.

You agreed to abide by eBay's  decisions when you joined eBay. Please go back and read the user agreement you signed.

eBay is going to turn you over to collections and ruin your credit if you don't  pay. They'll probably suspend your account for pulling that stunt (closing your managed payments account).

Message 60 of 61
latest reply