cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay SCAMMED me for 1550$

This is maybe one of my final days on eBay. 

Currently i have so bad experience, that i cant even imagine how this can happen on marketplace like eBay. 

We sold product to our customer for 1550$, with DHL shipping included in price. 

For bigger values, like for this, DHL often dont left packages outside/porch. 

With this buyer, we had conversation after he recieved package and we have screenshoot PROOF  where he said that he recieved package.

One month after he opened case in his payment institution claiming he didnt recieved pacakge🤣

Ok, money is on hold in that moment and we provided all possible proofs to ebay (shipping label, DHL confirmation of delivery, screenshots with buyer on Instagram, ebay have also messages on platform...)

So, we literally provided every possible piece of informations that clearly shows buyer recieved package, and today, a month after he opened case in his bank/payment institution, ebay informed me that case was closed in buyers favour.

I am shocked and horrified. This maybe not be big money for some from US or some powerful country, but we are talking about 1 month regular salary in my country. And thats not the worst part. Worst part is that we are so confident at all selling on ebay anymore. 

Supposedly anyone can buy item on ebay and do scams like this. There is no any point sending packages via DHL express with signatures and other precaution. 

I just sent message to my lawyer and to seveeral different small case lawyers for online scams, so we can report this, also to report ebay and guys from customer service that didnt do their job when every possible piece of evidence was on their table.

I AM HORRIFIED! 

Message 1 of 61
latest reply
60 REPLIES 60

You are in Serbia, so don't know if the same protections apply.........but here, I would definitely say to appeal the case........assuming you have on line delivery proof........AND you had signature required delivery.  Those are the requirements here.........

On the cases to a payment institution, Ebay doesn't make the decisions......the payment institution does......but they will usually reimburse the seller here if those 2 conditions are met. 

Message 2 of 61
latest reply

Did you get signature confirmation viewable online? Ebay requires that on items sold for over $750. Otherwise, a scam buyer can file an inr and win.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 3 of 61
latest reply

It sure sounds like your BUYER, not ebay  is scamming you for $1500.

Why does everyone always blame ebay?

Ebay is not going to profit from this.

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 4 of 61
latest reply

"You are in Serbia, so don't know if the same protections apply."

Drop shipping from China.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 5 of 61
latest reply

On eBay, it is not enough simply to "have" delivery confirmation.

You must also have evidence that you shipped within your stated handling time, and your tracking number must also be uploaded before the estimated delivery date. If the value is over $750, you also must have signature confirmation in addition to delivery confirmation.

Did you meet all of these eligibility requirements? If you did not, then the fact that you think you provided "every possible piece" of evidence does not really matter. eBay follows eBay's rules, not your rules.

Just curious - what kind of "report" will your "several" lawyers make about eBay, and to whom will they report eBay?

Message 6 of 61
latest reply

If eBay scammed sellers, they would have been out of business 26 years ago. Your buyer scammed you, NOT eBay. If you had Signature Confirmation, you should win an appeal.

Message 7 of 61
latest reply

Working almost 10 years in Hong Kong, with dual citizenship, no need for juicy comments about drop shipping 🙂 

Message 8 of 61
latest reply

"Working almost 10 years in Hong Kong, with dual citizenship, no need for juicy comments about drop shipping"

That comment was probably meant for me, not Lucky. Sorry I didnt know mentioning you were drop shipping from China, from Serbia, was a 'juicy comment'.

Message 9 of 61
latest reply

No need for comments like that. I simply told my story and how i got scammed, thats it. 

Its my mistake then i didnt bought Signature confirmation. 

Usually, in 99% of cases, we ship packages from HK Port via DHL express, and there is almost always signature needed for packages with higher value.

I am not sure if i can even buy that on eBay, because like 90% of packages we sent, we sent from Hong Kong, and only label we buy/create is directly in DHL, because there is no way to purchase label outside US.

We also have warehouse in Monza, Italy, and for EU orders, everything works perfect, because every package in EU with bigger value was signature needed from DHL directly.

Can someone tell me is there a way to buy this signature confirmation from here, and how to do that, to prevent future scams?

Message 10 of 61
latest reply

"No need for comments like that. I simply told my story and how i got scammed, thats it. "

But comments like that are important when you are seeking advice on the US board, as different countries may have different Ebay rules.But Im sorry you got scammed. Most of these scammers know the $750 threshold, and when its not used, take advantage of the seller.

Message 11 of 61
latest reply

"Can someone tell me is there a way to buy this signature confirmation from here, and how to do that, to prevent future scams?"

Im sure you would have to check that with the shippers from your country..or countries.

Message 12 of 61
latest reply

No problem. Sorry for my answer, i am just really **bleep** off right now because of the situation. 

I need to contact DHL tomorrow to ask them if there is option to put signature needed on every package. 

On this one, i just see proof of delivery (that is delivered to exact address) and on proof of delivery it says signed, but there is no actual signature on online form, so i am not sure about this. 

Message 13 of 61
latest reply

Why does everyone always blame ebay?

@inhawaii 

I think because it is eBay that snags the money back, when there should be protections for a chargeback (Payment Dispute) when signature confirmation is obtained and the item is sent to the address eBay provided. 

eBay does "profit" in a sense because they have no loss by denying the seller, and don't have to pay out.  There doesn't  seem to be any consequences for a buyer that bypasses the eBay claim/return system.  It is eBay that chooses whether or not to uphold their written policies or not. 

Message 14 of 61
latest reply

"No problem. Sorry for my answer, i am just really **bleep** off right now because of the situation"

No offense taken, and I wish you good luck,dont let one scam artist chase you away from what looks like a very successful Ebay business.

Message 15 of 61
latest reply