cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay International Shipping is a scam?

So this is my problem, I had a buyer from another country purchase an item. Luckily, it was cheap. They said they never got it, I checked tracking there were no updates for an entire month. So I thought, and I told them, open a did not receive case and eBay should cover both of us since that's what always happened before in these cases.

So they seemed happy, I went to bed. I woke up to a case closed in your favor with no refund to the buyer, and I was shocked because they never gotten the item. All I could think was that the reviewer or robot, saw the USPS tracking number delivered to the hub. Because with this shipping option there are two tracking numbers. The first one was marked delivered, the second one is not. 

So the buyer is unhappy of course, I don't blame them. I'm trying to get them to open a appeal, because if I refund them, they will not get the money they paid for international shipping because that went to ebay not me. 

I contacted ebay, and they are like we can't do anything this case is closed. I don't know what to do, I don't want my customer to be upset, because this obviously feels like a scam, and I could refund them but they wouldn't get all of their money back, and because they opened a case, I can't cancel the order to force a refund that way. I'm just baffled. 

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

I disagree.  Not a scam.  Ebay takes care of all these problems.   Not something you need to worry about.   I believe ebay makes the buyer whole.  Correct me if I'm wrong.

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

Sounds like it was after 30 days for a refund for a buyer.

You are not going to get the whole story from eBay.

Buyer could have asked all sellers in a month that items were not received...just giving an example...eBay does protect some sellers now and then...and won't say exactly what is going on.

Forget it...don't email buyer and block them from future purchases.

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

Just curious.

How do you know there was no refund to the buyer?

Ebay usually does not share that information.

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 5 of 14
latest reply

We reviewed this case and have closed it without any refund to the buyer.

The case will not affect your seller performance. Any feedback left for this transaction will be removed.

We received tracking information that shows the item was delivered to the buyer's address.

See details

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

Crap, that's probably what actually happened. I thought it was three months, because I was used to paypal. Ugh I feel so bad, I told the guy he would get his money back, but it sounds like he's screwed. I might just refund him the money I got from it, it was only $17. 

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

Your buyer is scamming you if anything.

SELLERS need to butt out of the process for EIS orders.

Essentially you are selling to eBay, not the actual buyer.

Do not refund, do not do anything outside of informing them that since this is an EIS order you have absolutely no control, and that they need to contact eBay. If they have INR concerns they need to open an INR claim. If they are unhappy with what they received they need to open a return. 

Outside of that. Stay out of it. 

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

Crap, that's probably what actually happened. I thought it was three months, because I was used to paypal. Ugh I feel so bad, I told the guy he would get his money back, but it sounds like he's screwed. I might just refund him the money I got from it, it was only $17. 

The buyer can always open a chargeback with their CC company. This is NOT your problem it is EIS's. 

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

@robbie31415 wrote:

Do not refund, do not do anything outside of informing them that since this is an EIS order you have absolutely no control, and that they need to contact eBay. If they have INR concerns they need to open an INR claim. If they are unhappy with what they received they need to open a return. 

Uh, you did read all of this thread, right?

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

Your point?

It was summed up in the second part. 'Stay out of it.'

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

If EIS did not refund the buyer, it is because the item is not "lost" but probably stuck in customs. They have more tracking info that you and the buyer can see. If it was truly "lost"....EIS would refund. I have had them refund a few times since it came about. You may feel bad but this is not your responsibility. Any negative feedback by the buyer would be removed by Ebay on this also.

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

@robbie31415 wrote:

Your point?

It was summed up in the second part. 'Stay out of it.'

And that point could have been made in just those words.  The additional verbiage in your post sounded specific to the situation at hand rather than the generalization I now think you intended.

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

I figured me saying 'Sellers' would show that it wasn't specific.

Things can't be changed for this situation, however they can for future transactions.

There is no need for sellers to train buyers they can still get something from the seller with eIS transactions

Message 14 of 14
latest reply