cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

do you need your own reality show?

Has anyone, including yourself, told you  that you have a hoarding problem JUST because you keep buying inventory despite having more than you'll list in a hundred years? 😂

Message 1 of 58
latest reply
57 REPLIES 57

Re: do you need your own reality show?

Mine show wouldn't be for hoarding.

What did that rabbit say "I'm not really bad, I'm just drawn that way"

Well I'm not that 'precise,' I just do everything the exact same way every time.

So all 1183 of my unsold items have an ebay 'my note' with the 'big bin' or shelf number, and all items have been sitting in/on that bin or shelf, in their own box or envelope, since the day the listing was first written. The note also has the listing's 'birthday' and any price or format changers.

So I'm a neat hoarder.

Message 46 of 58
latest reply

I’m pretty sure I’ve seen that episode of Hoarding: Buried Alive 😂

Now I’m not one to talk, here’s my sewing nook, right after I put it together. Now imagine it filled with tubs, reusable grocery bags, laundry hampers and various piles full of fabric, embroidery floss, yarn and patterns…

29F7E0EE-D1F0-45CE-9097-581CE466D975.jpeg

She ❤︎ Her ❤︎ Hers
Message 47 of 58
latest reply

@inhawaii wrote:

@fern*wood wrote:

That's so neat it almost makes me angry!!!  Good for you, though, because of the accident, I'm sure it has helped out immensely.  

Every time I read a post mentioning your accident, I start guessing as to what happened to you.  At first I guessed a shark attack, but then switched to being hit by a car on a bicycle.   So glad you are improving!!.

I finally had enough time to come up with a answer.

I injured my leg while rescuing 27 kids from a burning school bus.   

That's much less embarrassing than what really  happened.  😉

Thanks for the well wishes!

Isn't that always the case!  I broke my ankle just before the pandemic.  Everyone was pitching me stories to tell.  Truth is I was making a run for the bathroom & tripped over a pile of laundry in my closet, no doubt eBay laundry LOL.  

Embarrassing as it was, it could have been much worse.  My husband was supposed to leave the following week for an out of town meeting.  I would have been like on the commercial - I've fallen & I can't get up, all alone. 

Hope you keep getting stronger every day!   There's an end in sight.  

This one goes to Eleven - Nigel Tufnel

Simply-the-best-for-you Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay Seller since 1996

Message 48 of 58
latest reply

@inhawaii wrote:

Anyone wanna share some "hoarder" ebay pictures?   That would be interesting.    😉

I think post #10 painted enough of a "hoarder" word picture for what my place is, though I may relent later and post my rather cluttered and nasty looking sales area.  Got everything in crates but got so little space I can't sort any of it out to know what I have on "backlog" to list.  Even just keeping the "listed" stuff aside is a challenge.  Mainly that's books simply because they don't move quite as quick as I would like.

But a lot of it stems from more my own interests - I call myself more of a "closet cleaner" simply because a lot of it is stuff I use first, but do come from "buys".   I probably would be doing a lot more and sizeable "buys" if I had the room (my whole living space is about 600 sq ft), and if I wanted to have a serious ebay presence that's probably the biggest problem.  Even the two big "buys" I actually did pretty much stuffed the place to the point it was like you see on "Hoarders" - though a lot of that is gone now.  Admittedly a lot of the stuff I do get has a "can I get rid of it later?" kind of decision behind it, because if I don't end up liking it or wanting to keep it it becomes something I want gone.

But seriously, wishing money wasn't so much of an issue for me right now that I could either just cash out of selling altogether or start sourcing for profit and doing the buying end better than I can right now.

Message 49 of 58
latest reply

This has been an interesting thread reading about how each of us handles our online selling issues.

I'd add that if it isn't listed,   It isn't worth anything.    Gotta keep making new listings all the time.

I use our front living room for eBay business.    All my eBay items are assigned an inventory number 

and easily located when sold.    Unlisted items have their own little area separate from listed,   My packing 

materials and work area are in the same room.     

Fortunately my items are small and don't take up much room.    I'm glad I don't sell outdoor lawn furniture.

Half unit has grown to accept I've taken over the front living room.    She likes the money.

Message 50 of 58
latest reply

My episode of hoarders would be :   Cremation

I love sewing quilts, dolls and such.

I have one room of nothing but fabric from barrels containing upholstery fabric, and laces to totes and banana boxes of fabrics. I also have in another room a few more totes of fabric.

The orders is that all this will be burned and if possible, be cremated with it. 😄

(Need some fabric to keep warm while being cremated.  )

Nobody will get my fabric and I have been working on making my crazy quilts but I think my time will be here before I can use all of that fabric. 

I AM A MATERIAL GIRL ! ! !

Message 51 of 58
latest reply

@dirk12955 wrote:

I'd add that if it isn't listed,   It isn't worth anything.    Gotta keep making new listings all the time.

Indeed.  I seem to remember a thread on here about that.   And Google jogged my memory.   I think too many people doing this can have that tendency to compulsively hoard or use the ebay selling thing as a cover to do their hoarding.  What I read in that thread was definitely a wife liking buying a lot more than getting rid of stuff.  Ebay was probably there more as an excuse for it than for actually selling stuff. 

I know personally it's hard to stop going for buys (as I've mentioned, I got into this because my mother was a real deal hoarder like on that show), but gotta list stuff or it's just junk sitting there.   I know I fight that urge sometimes to buy for the site because "it's such a good deal and I'm going to flip it".  The listing part is the "no fun" part but very necessary.  Keep buying, no selling, you pretty much are setting up the case for compulsive hoarding.  Not to mention, I keep being reminded on the show they run into so many that say "This stuff is worth so much money, I'm gonna sell it one day."  Course the easy response is "If you believe that, why aren't you doing it?"

I'm curious in a way how many real identified compulsive hoarding cases have been attached to online merchant sites such as ebay (or if that study's been done)?  Not sure there's the data, but the claim is about 3% of the population total has it.  Personally, we can kinda laugh about it, but it was a pretty serious problem I had to clean up after my mother on when she passed.  Lot of stress and expense I didn't need.

Message 52 of 58
latest reply

Not gonna lie, that sounds like heaven ☺️

She ❤︎ Her ❤︎ Hers
Message 53 of 58
latest reply

@nocoolnamejane 

That's cozy...but we want to see that blow out of your shoe!

Hope your ok.

Message 54 of 58
latest reply

lol, honestly, my ego? Walking home with a bloody knee and one busted shoe in my hand… Took me 20 minutes to pick out all the gravel with tweezers 😭

5B064C45-EC96-4B47-9210-8A32F1C11F23.jpeg

She ❤︎ Her ❤︎ Hers
Message 55 of 58
latest reply

I heard that for years from my kids and I just said it is my home but they have changed. They now look around and say you have at least a half million dollars here and you spent wisely. Too funny.

Message 56 of 58
latest reply

@nocoolnamejane 

Oh hun that looks terrible! Please clean that wound under running water in the tub than apply some antibiotic cream.

.   Then get ahold of OPS husband and bring a lawsuit against that shoe manufacturer! 😆 🤣 

Message 57 of 58
latest reply

Don't Buy.

Just SELL!

💵🏦👍🇺🇸

Message 58 of 58
latest reply