cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

do you need your own reality show?

Has anyone, including yourself, told you  that you have a hoarding problem JUST because you keep buying inventory despite having more than you'll list in a hundred years? 😂

Message 1 of 58
latest reply
57 REPLIES 57

Nahh, we have a burn pit can clean it all out and reset the board in a hot minute. And we have been focusing more on merchandise that is needed locally and less on the needs to be listed. 

But we are adding on another 40ft storage van to the collection..lol

Message 2 of 58
latest reply

My ex had no problem spending the money that my eBay sales generated, but constantly complained that I needed to "throw out all that stuff in the basement".

She could never grasp the concept that selling on eBay required having stuff to sell on eBay.

Message 3 of 58
latest reply

And the corollary is needing the time to actually list (and ideally) ship the stuff. Hmm, maybe that is why some small business owners work the long hours. 🤔

Message 4 of 58
latest reply

If you need more I have plenty.

I'm getting up there in age and at the stage I'm thinking  hanging it  up  and opening the doors and YeeeeHiiiii come n get it. Bring your own boxes! I wanna be freeeeee!!!!! Since Covid lockdown I've resisted buying anything to resell.  

Message 5 of 58
latest reply

The opposite here. Losing my inventory sources during Covid unnerved me so much I cultivated new sources with unforeseen repercussions. I need to curtail the buying now but it's tough. I  just made one of my biggest scores in two years so it's hard to just stop the scouting! 😲

Message 6 of 58
latest reply

Well, you're okay until you have to buy a bigger house or another shed, lol.

Message 7 of 58
latest reply

I have a shopping disorder and without eBay for an outlet I'd be in trouble.

Message 8 of 58
latest reply

Tagging on:    

Two of my boring quotes regarding doing  what we all do.

Quote #1      "You can't sell from an empty shelf"

Quote #2     "You must buy to sell"

Message 9 of 58
latest reply

I definitely feel a pressure there.  I'm in a small enough place as it is, and I feel cramped having a lot of possessions.  Probably 1/2 my floor space right now is dedicated to stuff either already listed or needing to be listed.  I want it all gone and could make it gone in a hot second, but I know I need to have stuff in order to have the money I need a lot more right now than having the stuff gone.

Message 10 of 58
latest reply

@keziak wrote:

The opposite here. Losing my inventory sources during Covid unnerved me so much I cultivated new sources with unforeseen repercussions. I need to curtail the buying now but it's tough. I  just made one of my biggest scores in two years so it's hard to just stop the scouting! 😲

Just be sure to have storage that does not create issues for the "scored" inventory.  Many inventory items do not appreciate over time - so list your "score" timely.

Searching for inventory is often the "fun" part.  It can be an issue to store and organize, so address both timely.

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 11 of 58
latest reply

Very true, me too. I get asked why do I work so hard when I dont' see anyone asking my hubby the lawyer that question. I guess the question really is "why do you work so hard for low income".  😫  But recently I was able to give my daughter thousands of dollars when she really needed it, and that felt plenty good.

Message 12 of 58
latest reply

I'm funny about my buying.  Mentally, I'm not happy until I've listed and sold enough from each buy to pay for the whole lot.  Then I can ease up on myself a bit and know that everything else in that lot is my profit.  

Message 13 of 58
latest reply

Thank you. I laughed. I Really needed it today.

And yes we are adding another large shed to the property as we are out of room. Again. 

The Race is over
The Rats won.
Message 14 of 58
latest reply

I heard a story about a man who married a women for her garage.  I totally understand.

Message 15 of 58
latest reply