Selling
Looking for something new to sell? Find out how to sell and connect with other members for advice.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

ASK ME ABOUT: Product Research (formerly known as Terapeak)

Hello Everyone, We're thrilled to announce the launch of our brand-new interactive series, which is set to take the place of our former "Monthly Chat with eBay Staff" program. This series is designed to bring you closer to the heart of eBay's operati...

Please help- are these photos "proof" the item was opened and therefore, SNAD?

Hello- I sold a toner, saying it would not be overboxed. Buyer requests a return because she claims the box was opened- yes, toner resellers are demanding- they will not buy anything that is not pristine- and since I described it as new, she is claim...

User avatar by Trailblazer
  • 24 replies
  • 0 helpful

Can steamed NWT clothes still be considered new?

I have some NWT clothing items I want to sell but most of it is wrinkled. I've read that steaming clothes helps get rid of wrinkles, but I wanted to know if I steam them, can I still list them as new? Or would I have to sell them pre-owned?

mandatory measurements when selling clothing

hey ebay. would you please make it mandatory that sellers of clothing list the measurements( in inches ) of the item. sending questions to the sellers should not be necessary. one can never assume a size for one manufacture is equal to all. Not to me...

"category no longer open" - huh?

Just tried to list a book. I selected Nonfiction and when the SYI form came up entered the ISBN. The listing came up but had changed to "Other". Created the listing only to get this message: "this category is no longer open to new listings or listing...

User avatar by Guide
  • 5 replies
  • 1 helpful

How can Asia sellers sell so cheap?

I make frequent trips to Japan. I often bring back hard to find Japanese goods to sell on ebay. One of the items i bring back is bags of unusual flavors of kitkat candy that are not available in the US. They cost me $4 in Japan and i used to be able ...

User avatar by Superstar
  • 18 replies
  • 0 helpful

New seller on ebay from malaysia

Hi I am from malaysia. I just need help on being ebay seller. My products for now just only focusing on food and my target customers are from europe and usa. But my concern now am I put the right amount of price and I not that familiar how to ship th...

User avatar by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

buyer wants to return item he bought 50 days ago

he just messaged me yesterday saying he bought the wrong size because it doesn't fit. he wants to return for refund. I don't want to take returns after 30 days, but im afraid of negatives so I blamed ebay and told him ebay says I can only accept retu...

Seller Rights? Do They Exist on Ebay?

I just had a case overturned where the buyer had no clue was he was talking about. In over a decade, I've never had a return because quite frankly I describe my products right, and package them well before I ship. Ebay completely ignored my side of t...

Should I correct this buyer's accusation, or leave it be?

I sold this baseball cap to a buyer. In the listing I advertised that the cap is shipped in a cardboard box to avoid being smashed and damaging, unlike with just a plastic bag. I ship all of my caps this way. This buyer sends me a polite message tell...

Looking for input from other sellers

This story may get a little long-winded and I apologize. I just want to be thorough. And I don't really know that I'm looking for a real answer, but am curious what other sellers might think or if they have had similar things happen. I've been active...

One Time Payment not working

I always pay my seller fees using the One Time Payment option and for whatever reason the balance that I owe is incorrect (I owe 27.12$ and not 3$). Not to mention when I change my owed amount to 27$ I can't click the "Make one time payment" option. ...

Re - variation listing being ended thread - more questions

As that thread has been locked I'd like some clarification. So it appears the OP's MV listing was ended because "that category no longer supports MV"? Which category was that? And WHY are we, in the wake of mandatory GTC, rather than being offered an...

Promoted Listing Question

So I sold an item using "Promoted Listings" (I apparently didn't read the fine print before clicking "list" my bad). But anyway, the item sold... How does eBay let you know if you owe them money for a "promoted listings"? Is it explicitly stated in t...

PLEASE return to old awaiting payment/shipment pages

Just spent 40 minutes on the phone with customer service about the new pages, and this was not the first conversation of that length. These pages have become so confusing, and now as a result a buyer was able to pay on only a single item instead of 9...

Most Marked as Helpful Authors