cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would You pay $10.00 a Month to Join Ebay's Seller's Union ?

Where Ebay would have to negotiate it's fees, policies with Sellers ?

Not that it could be possible, but wouldn't it be nice to have a say....in the Company we all Built ?

Message 1 of 218
latest reply
217 REPLIES 217

Re: Would You pay $10.00 a Month to Join Ebay's Seller's Union ?

You must be union.

Message 46 of 218
latest reply

I don't understand why you need a pat on the back for selling here? It's not your company. That be da facts Jack. Sell a few more carbides then you can buy them out or better yet, start your own. We are all here on our own free will. Money in return is all I need to keep coming back.  They can keep the good seller plaques.  I got enough of that **bleep** in my job before retiring. It's all a joke to make you feel good. I respectfully choose to disagree, but I do understand your position. Wasting time dreaming on something that will never come true is just that - a waste of time. Over and out! Have a good one! 

Message 47 of 218
latest reply

Union Family here..

Husband- Teamsters

My mum who lives with me is an ILWU Local 8, Longshoreman widow.

eBay union?  Are you serious with this?

It's just not gonna work.. You mention Ford, well those workers were centralized & all showed up to specific plants etc... Just like with any union, the strength is in getting everyone to act together. That's NEVER gonna happen. For every seller you get to go along/strike whatever, there will be 1000 to replace them, maybe more.

It's NOT gonna happen. 

~Pika~
People in life that are the happiest don't have the most,, they make the most of what they have...

Message 48 of 218
latest reply

@carbideliquidator   FVF Comes from Sellers.......Buyers Pay Nothing.......Matter of Fact......Sellers Built Ebay's Buildings, Their Complete Operating System, Their Employees Wages, Their Bonuses, Their Company Cars, Jets, Boats, Houses

I don't believe the FVF comes from the Sellers;

Who pays for the item? Buyers

Who pays my fees? Buyers

Who pays for the shipping cost? Buyers

Who pays my cost of the item? Buyers

Who pays my profit percentage over my costs? Buyers

Who pays my taxes? Buyers

Message 49 of 218
latest reply

It’s pretty clear that this company does not need  interference from outsiders, nor would they condone such a thing. They do not have to. 

Message 50 of 218
latest reply

A 1970's UAW Member Myself......$10.00 a Month X 1 Million Sellers or Better.....That's $10 Million a Month in The Union Kitty......$120 Million a Year in The Union Kitty........are You Saying $10.00 a Month from Sellers Wouldn't Buy any Representation from a Union  ?.......Do The Math

Sellers Built Ebay from Ground up.....For Myself since 2000......and What Does Ebay do for The Sellers that Made Them ?.......But Raise Their Fees, on Shipping, on Postage, Charge Transaction Fees, on Tax, on Managed Payment System.....Holds the Float, Making Millions a Year........Sellers are getting Drained of Their Blood

Message 51 of 218
latest reply

Some years back there was something called (as I recall) the ebay Powersellers Union...not sure if they were an actual organization, but they had a page with forums and stuff. I have no idea if they are still around, maybe someone else knows?

Message 52 of 218
latest reply

I Don't Understand Why Sellers Want to Pat Ebay on The Back......While You're doing All The Work......and They just Take, Take, and Take from Sellers

I Don't Work for Ebay......But on The Other Hand, They Should be Working for Me, I Pay Them a Lot of Money over The Years

Message 53 of 218
latest reply

Unions are for employees. Employees  cannot go on 'time off' for weeks or months without a 'supervisor approval'. Employees cannot control prices, decide when they are and are not going to work (handling time).

Therefore, we are not employees. There is no such thing as a union for self employed entrepreneurs. 

Message 54 of 218
latest reply

and Since When....Has Ebay Addressed Sellers Concerns, Suggestions, Complaints, Fees, and Managed Payment System ?

Sellers Built Ebay from Ground up

Message 55 of 218
latest reply

The Pandemic Just Proved You Wrong.......a lot of Union Members are Working from Home.....with Freedom of Hours

Message 56 of 218
latest reply

Abso-F'ing-loutely! 

"An injury to one is an injury to all." 

IWW

"JUNK is stuff you throw away...

....STUFF is junk you keep"
Message 57 of 218
latest reply

Would You pay $10.00 a Month to Join Ebay's Seller's Union ?

If eBay sellers unionized, that union would not be "Ebay's". 

That aside ... 

I have seen many sellers post terrible ideas on this board, supported by misinformation, flawed conclusions, and a lack of common sense. 

I shudder to think how much worse off I might be if some of those fools were selected to negotiate on our behalf 🙂 

Message 58 of 218
latest reply

As usual, you spread lies or simply know nothing about nothing.  I was home, since last March. If I wasn't available for phone calls, emails and zoom conferences, I would have been fired. Still expected to do my job, as was anyone else working from home. Plans out, computer on, phone on and did the same job I did from our office as I did from my garage home office. 

Therefore, I was an employee working from home. Monday thru Friday. 

Message 59 of 218
latest reply

@carbideliquidator 

See your statement below:

@carbideliquidator wrote:

I Don't Understand Why Sellers Want to Pat Ebay on The Back......While You're doing All The Work......and They just Take, Take, and Take from Sellers

I Don't Work for Ebay......But on The Other Hand, They Should be Working for Me, I Pay Them a Lot of Money over The Years

"I Don't Work for Ebay"

A union is a group of employees who have organized into a group to bargain with management for better working conditions. ( please note the words " employees and working conditions")

Unions work by enforcing existing labor laws holding employers accountable for promises made and negotiating labor contracts for working conditions and wage increases.

Carbide, you know better if you were a UAW member in good standing. 

Sellers do not work for ebay and sellers "didn't built this city on rock and roll" either. EBay is not the sellers employer!

Message 60 of 218
latest reply