cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would You pay $10.00 a Month to Join Ebay's Seller's Union ?

Where Ebay would have to negotiate it's fees, policies with Sellers ?

Not that it could be possible, but wouldn't it be nice to have a say....in the Company we all Built ?

Message 1 of 218
latest reply
217 REPLIES 217

Re: Would You pay $10.00 a Month to Join Ebay's Seller's Union ?

@carbideliquidator wrote:

Personal ?......We Sellers Have Paid 100% of The Tab, to Build Ebay Out......Money Stream Comes from Sellers ONLY......It's Sellers Hard Work That Made Ebay......and it's Sellers That Continue to Pay Ebay's Operation........and You Want to Know, Who gets The Least Amount of Respect from Ebay ?.........The Sellers !

It is the investors that bought stock (as ebay is a public traded company) that has helped to allow sellers to continue selling on ebay.  Personally, I would say that it is sellers wanting to make money (greed?) that has encouraged ebay to grow and improve(?).

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 16 of 218
latest reply

Well, all you have to do is buy enough stock and throw your weight around.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 17 of 218
latest reply

What ?.....Investors are The Ones Living Off The Hard Work of Sellers........it's NOT Sellers Living Off Investors Charity ......Gezzzzz Give Me a Break

Message 18 of 218
latest reply

What's the $10.00 a month for ? Union Fee's ?

Who get's it?

Who accounts for expenditure of our Union Fee's?

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 19 of 218
latest reply

I'm sitting by The Phone, Waiting for Ebay to Offer Me a Chair.....in The Board of Directors ........Not going to Happen......They Want Sheep, to Follow The Chairman

Oh, the old, tired 'sheep' trope gets dragged in now.  I'll stick a fork in this thread because for me it's done.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 20 of 218
latest reply

Same as UAW or Teamsters

Message 21 of 218
latest reply

As Ebay says to it's Sellers That Disagree With Their Policies........Don't Let The Door Hit You on The Way Out

Message 22 of 218
latest reply

You're Wrong......With No Sellers....No Merchandise.......There Would Be NO EBAY

Ebay makes NO Money from Buyers.......They Make All Their Money from Sellers

No Sellers.....No Ebay

Sellers Built Ebay from The Ground Up

Honestly, the sellers are really not that important.

Whats important is BUYERS. There can be 20,000,000 items listed if there's no buyers to buy them ebay makes VERY little money.

Where ebay makes their money is on that HUGE CHUNK they take of the sale price with the FVF. They make peanuts in comparison on shop fees, listing fees, etc.

Message 23 of 218
latest reply

Investors don't support the sellers, they support the company.  Sellers are on ebay, and other platforms, because they don't want to work for someone else.  Some of those investors even had to work for their money.  I guess it is a matter of making money, buying stock and retiring.

Message 24 of 218
latest reply

As Ebay says to it's Sellers That Disagree With Their Policies........Don't Let The Door Hit You on The Way Out

We're not employees - this is just a marketplace.  I'm not gonna tell the person who owns the parking lot where I set up at the flea what they can or cannot do.  I can suggest all I want, and may be they'll take a suggestion, but that's about it.  Same deal here. 

I was a proud union employee (technical workers) for some years but we were employees of that company, NOT just vendors using their real estate.  There's a big difference.  It's why people who finally decide they're tired of how something is run go off on their own - it's where entrepreneurship starts.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 25 of 218
latest reply

FVF Comes from Sellers.......Buyers Pay Nothing.......Matter of Fact......Sellers Built Ebay's Buildings, Their Complete Operating System, Their Employees Wages, Their Bonuses, Their Company Cars, Jets, Boats, Houses

Sellers Paid The Whole Works

Message 26 of 218
latest reply

No, but I think I would give you $10.00 A month if you would move to Etsy or any platform of your choosing. Perhaps Bonanza, they are in need of some sellers to help build their platform. Just think, you could singlehandedly have built two of the greatest platforms known to mankind. Let me know where to send the check.

"Those who enter the arena unarmed or unprepared are quickly dispatched."
Message 27 of 218
latest reply

Add  three More More Zeros......and I Might Consider........I Along with All The Other Sellers.......Built Ebay......We do Have Vested Interest in Ebay.......Even Though We are Given NO Respect by Ebay Management or Stock Holders.......Not Even a Thank You

Message 28 of 218
latest reply

Would the union have one of those big inflatable rubber rats to set in front of the business being picketed?

Message 29 of 218
latest reply

LOL....Too Funny....Lets Hope So

Message 30 of 218
latest reply