cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why no negative feedback for deadbeat bidders/winners

Why can’t you leave negative feedback for winners who never pay. I have never had so many people win auctions and no payment, no communication. And with sports cards, the earlier you can list and sell the better so these deadbeats are costing me money. Why no negative?? It’s ridiculous.

Message 1 of 43
latest reply
42 REPLIES 42

Re: Why no negative feedback for deadbeat bidders/winners

I have had so many buyers not paying lately, and I am from old-school eBay of the 90s when we used to be able to give negative feedback to buyers. I really believe that they don’t realize they are getting a strike for it. I’ve had so many this past month. It’s just getting ridiculous. 

Message 31 of 43
latest reply

Two or more nonpayment strikes.  

Message 32 of 43
latest reply

Come on dude buy it now doesnt work

Message 33 of 43
latest reply

I agree.  It has gotten really bad.  It used to be my nonpaying bidders had low feedback.  But that has changed. My last two nonpaying bidders were high feedback buyers.  Just didn't pay.  Didn't respond. Ebay needs to do something about this.  It is getting out of hand. 

Message 34 of 43
latest reply

When bidding with auction houses, if you don't pay, you can't bid on future auctions.  There's auction house consortiums that report non-paying bidders...usually 2-3 strikes with any one of the members and you're out.  

Ebay did away with buyer feedback years ago, effectively putting a one way mirrow between the buyer and seller.  The buyer could make a well thought out choice on whether or not they wanted to give their business to a particular seller; or, use the knowledge for nefarious purposes.  Meanwhile, the seller was left in the dark, relying on Ebay's biased, do anything for a buyer motto as a filter.  

That being said, I'm grateful for the platform and the business.  

Message 35 of 43
latest reply

Thats not an answer to why negative feedback for buyers cannot be listed.  Thats not what he asked.

Message 36 of 43
latest reply

No.

His question is why can't we leave negarive fb for buyers.

Message 37 of 43
latest reply

Buyers leave unfair fb against sellers and ebay won't remove it, saying its the buyers opinion/feelings.

Ebay is not consistent in its application of this because both sides can abuse fb, yet one side is still allowed to abuse fb.  And ebay makes excuses for the side abusing fb.

Message 38 of 43
latest reply

Hi, I hear the point you are making. I believe you made your case that you are losing money with non-payers. (You have been a success here for a long time and clearly know what you are doing.) I also believe that sellers can lose time and money with the auction format in general. 

Took a look at your Completed listings. Out of 156 auction listings, you sold 82 items over the last 90 days. Out of those, 61 auctions ended with less than 5 bids. 40 listings ended with only one bid each.

Those stats give a strong indication that some of your items could do well at fixed-price with Immediate Payment Required. It would immediately eliminate the losses you are incurring from non-payers and sports bidders. Your auction histories also suggest there is a sound potential for your sales to improve  at fixed price, over your current levels at auction.

It is worth a shot. Wish you much continued success.

Message 39 of 43
latest reply

eBay offers sellers the opportunity to cancel after 4 days of nonpayment, using "buyer did not pay" as the reason.  Did you not take advantage of that? 

Message 40 of 43
latest reply

@standardrecovery100 ,

Buy it now doesn't work? 99.99% of my sales are buy it now. Auction sales make up less than 20% of current eBay sales.

It doesn't work if your prices are not competitive. You don't have to be the absolute lowest but you can't a lot higher than your competition. 

Message 41 of 43
latest reply

It is ridiculous. I remember when we could leave negative feedback on bad bidders and I left my share of them, but ebay stopped all that. That is one of the reasons I no longer sell here.

Message 42 of 43
latest reply

Back then.  But other sellers left accurate feedback, good or bad.  I know because I'd read those feedbacks.

Because a minority of sellers used fb that way we eliminate seller feedback?  By this logic we have a minority of buyers who do the same thing, plus do fb blackmail to sellers.  So by this logic ebay should eliminate buyer feedback as well.

But they have rules now to get rid of retaliatory or  buyer blackmail fb, right?  So they could make rules for seller fb as well.

Its all about hindering sellers here.  Since ebayalmost never gets rid of a bad buyer, having accurate fb on them is ome way sellers could research a buyer and maybe avoid a bad sales experience and also reduce ebays involvement in yet another situation gone sideways.

Further there could be a situation where both buyer AND seller handled things poorly and maybe both do deserve negative fb's.  How would you personally know it wasn't accurate if you weren't one of them?

Message 43 of 43
latest reply