cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why no negative feedback for deadbeat bidders/winners

Why can’t you leave negative feedback for winners who never pay. I have never had so many people win auctions and no payment, no communication. And with sports cards, the earlier you can list and sell the better so these deadbeats are costing me money. Why no negative?? It’s ridiculous.

Message 1 of 43
latest reply
42 REPLIES 42

Re: Why no negative feedback for deadbeat bidders/winners

List as fixed price / buy it now set to require payment right away.   No sale it made until it's paid for. also, many buyers won't want to wait for auctions to end.

Message 2 of 43
latest reply

May I ask how you are handling these deadbeat bidders?

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 3 of 43
latest reply

Relist and block bidder.  Then I lose 2 weeks from the original listing 

Message 4 of 43
latest reply

They can buy it now and not pay though correct?

Message 5 of 43
latest reply

Who do you think reads feedbacK?

Not the deadbeat. They don't care.

Not eBay. EBay does not use FB to assess member accounts.

Not your fellow sellers. Most have their Seller Preferences/Buyer Requirements set to automatically Block members with Strikes for UID.

The reader is your future customer.

How do they feel when they see a seller attacking a fellow buyer?

Back button. Back button. Back button.

Use Fixed Price /Immediate Payment Required.

Open Unpaid Item Cancellations as soon as possible (Day Five /Hour 97).

Set you own account to automatically Block members with Strikes.

Message 6 of 43
latest reply

Yes and you lose that same amount of time. If you have it set for pay now, you could still run into cancelations or not as described returning a box of rocks, nothing is guaranteed. 

Message 7 of 43
latest reply

If you are canceling those “deadbeat” buyer’s transactions after 96 hours for nonpayment, they get well deserved strikes against their eBay account. 2 of those in a 12 moth period will get them blocked from buying and bidding. Then you get to relist you also get your fvf credit. So how are nonpaying buyers costing you money? 
If you’re not canceling for nonpayment then you are part of the problem. 
eBay removed the option for sellers to give negative and neutral feedback for buyers 15 years ago. 

Message 8 of 43
latest reply

@richtwes wrote:

Why can’t you leave negative feedback for winners who never pay. I have never had so many people win auctions and no payment, no communication. And with sports cards, the earlier you can list and sell the better so these deadbeats are costing me money. Why no negative?? It’s ridiculous.

One very simple reason..........

In 2008 eBay decided that SOME sellers could not handle the responsibility, these sellers used negative feedback against buyers who did not deserve it, those buyers might leave eBay for good.

Keep in mind, back in the day when eBay sellers could leave negative feedback it did NOTHING to prevent non-payments.

Message 9 of 43
latest reply

If it does nothing why did they even bother changing??? Maybe the change should have been a setting where you can’t bid if you have 5…or 7…or whatever number of negative comments as a buyer. 

Message 10 of 43
latest reply

That is good info. Thx. Here is how they cost. When sports cards first come out, if you can list players cards right away, they typically sell for more cause there aren’t any or as many listed….so I lose 2 weeks and more have been listed and price drops. Supply and demand 

Message 11 of 43
latest reply

So leaving a negative comment for not paying is attacking the buyer??? Interesting. I think eBay loses money if they lose buyers…sellers will always be here so all rules and new changes cater to the buyer.

Message 12 of 43
latest reply

so I lose 2 weeks

Auctions can't use Immediate Payment Required.

But there are Second Chance Offers. And you can offer to the underbidder and the third place bidder.

Or you can immediately list at Fixed Price-- for the buyer who wants it YESTERDAY.

If you have multiples put some up for Auction, some at Fixed Price, some at FP/IPR and see how they go.

Message 13 of 43
latest reply

You are assuming that first out of the box wins. If you hold an auction, most of the bidding takes place in the last 2 days so there is 5+ days you cannot do anything thus you are stagnate for 7+ days. I do not believe your thought process holds water.  Thats like saying if I have a silver dollar and if I list it now, I will get mega $ for it. That only happens when there is a limited supply or a rare coin that demands a higher price. I sold a lot of cards on Ebay and never once had your thought process. Generically it's a saturated market. 

In conclusion, everything is a risk, I have lost 2+ weeks on non-payment but it is what it is. Good Luck!

Message 14 of 43
latest reply

I’m done here cause it’s all just eBay suck ups, but I’m 100% right. If I list the first Kenny picket auto /99 card it will go for more $$ than the 25th one sold. Cause 24 buyers are out of the market. It’s so easy to see by searching last auctions and comparing price. 

Message 15 of 43
latest reply