cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay has relisted my auctions without my knowledge or permission.

Ebay has relisted my ended auctions without my knowledge or permission.

Is this a new policy?  Is it mandatory?  Is it going to happen again?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

It looks like somehow the auto-relist option got turned "on" on your listings, and then you may have either sold similar or used the same template and not noticed that option being "on"

(just guessing)

Auction-style listings

If you select the auto-relist option (if available) when you create your listing:

• Auctions with a duration of 5 days or more will be automatically relisted up to 8 times
  • Auctions with a duration of 1 or 3 days will be automatically relisted up to 8 times as a 7-day listing
  • Auto-relists are free, except for listings in vehicles categories

Automatic relisting is available for most categories, but there are some exclusions (see below). If your item doesn’t sell after 8 relists, it will appear in your unsold items - opens in new window or tab

Keep in mind that the automatic relist option is only available on listings created by new and occasional sellers. The option will not show for other sellers.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

@jthole wrote:

Ebay has relisted my ended auctions without my knowledge or permission.

Is this a new policy?  Is it mandatory?  Is it going to happen again?

Automatic relisting is the default.  Most sellers would prefer to relist if an item doesn’t sell the first time.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Auto relist is a default when you create the listing. I do not think you can access it through the eBay app, but have to go the eBay site to turn it off. I personally find this kind of irritating but that is the way it works. 

Message 4 of 4
latest reply