cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wholesale

How do i find companies to buy in bulk from so i can resell items on ebay?

Message 1 of 44
latest reply
43 REPLIES 43

Wholesale

@espresso_warehouse 

Read.

OP took a dig, I pointed out that some folks post on a non-business ID. One can’t assume.

The problem is……?

Oh, yeah. Ebay is stagnant and losing market share.

Carry on.

Message 31 of 44
latest reply

Wholesale

@this*old*attic wrote:

@antala_53 

Honestly, you’ve posted asking for help but come off pretty snippy.

It's too bad people can't just get answers here. They seem more likely to be attacked. I would like to see that change.

Message 32 of 44
latest reply

Wholesale

@this*old*attic wrote:

@espresso_warehouse 

Read.

OP took a dig, I pointed out that some folks post on a non-business ID. One can’t assume.

The problem is……?

Oh, yeah. Ebay is stagnant and losing market share.

Carry on.

Yet you assumed just 5 minutes ago. So which is it. Can we have other accounts or not?

Anyway, OP came here to ask a question. This one had nothing to do with market share, they were asking about leads on wholesalers.

Message 33 of 44
latest reply

Wholesale

You didn't specify what type of merchandise you are looking for but most of your current listings are in the clothing arena which is a pretty saturated market on eBay.  The easiest thing to do would probably be to simply Google "wholesalers near me". You are in the Pueblo, Colorado so not sure what is close to you. 

As others have mentioned you need to look closely at your business cost model to endure after you factor in the COGS, Fees, Taxes, shipping, etc. that you can still turn a reasonable profit. I suspect that there are a lot of returns associated with clothes due to size variations and people simply changing their mind or not liking the item after they received it. I never purchase clothing on eBay for those very reasons and prefer to go to a B&M store where I can try on the item and see if it fits and I like it before I purchase it. 

Message 34 of 44
latest reply

Wholesale

@antala_53 wrote:

Very difficult to near impossible to find a wholesale provider where you are going to just browse their catalogue and make a order and make money.

In my opinion the best way that a small seller can find a successful product  is to bring a item to the online marketplace that is not readily available on the online marketplace, this is not easy but can be done.

It will probably involves drilling down into the recesses of a obscure niche because if it is a item that you can get at a big box store or Amazon prime you will most likely be unsuccessful trying to wholesale source and sell profitably.

One clue is if you ever look for a item and have trouble finding it, see if you can source it.

Message 35 of 44
latest reply

Wholesale

@antala_53 wrote:

Almost anywhere. 

@antala_53 wrote:

How do i find companies to buy in bulk from so i can resell items on ebay and make a profit?

A bit harder. 

Message 36 of 44
latest reply

Wholesale

What does this have to do with OP’s question?

Message 37 of 44
latest reply

Wholesale

Search “Bulq Resale Lot” on eBay. The sell smaller wholesale lots so less risk for seller.

Message 38 of 44
latest reply

Wholesale

@espresso_warehouse wrote:

It's too bad people can't just get answers here. They seem more likely to be attacked. I would like to see that change.

You gotta admit, it's a pretty ridiculous question.

To answer the OP's question...

You can buy in bulk from almost any store. Few stores have a limit on how much you can buy ... unless maybe if it's on sale.   These items (unless prohibited) can be resold on ebay. 

Smoke From A Distant Fire - Sanford Townsend Band
Message 39 of 44
latest reply

Wholesale

@inhawaii wrote:

You can buy in bulk from almost any store. Few stores have a limit on how much you can buy ... unless maybe if it's on sale.   These items (unless prohibited) can be resold on ebay. 

I initially did not comment on this question because I wasn't interested.

But I don't think the OP should be getting clowned over it. We should endeavor to be more helpful.

Message 40 of 44
latest reply

Wholesale

space to deal with this stuff, and ways to dispose of the non-saleable items are are inevitably a part of it,

If you are buying from a liquidator, be prepared to take half the purchase to the dump, as broken, damaged, moldy, past selling date, etc. .

Message 41 of 44
latest reply

Wholesale

@inhawaii wrote:

I initially did not comment on this question because I wasn't interested.

But I don't think the OP should be getting clowned over it. We should endeavor to be more helpful.

The OP's question was lazy and inappropriate, though I'm not sure it was worth all this long thread - just "sorry, we can't divulge sources but researching online will get you started" is pretty much all that needs to be said unless someone really wants to give all their secrets away.  There is reams of general info to be had about this kind of thing without asking the competition.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 42 of 44
latest reply

Wholesale

No that wasn’t my demeanor. Sorry if you took it that way. My apologies. 

Message 43 of 44
latest reply

Wholesale

He was quoting me, I made the observation.

Message 44 of 44
latest reply