cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wholesale

How do i find companies to buy in bulk from so i can resell items on ebay?

Message 1 of 44
latest reply
43 REPLIES 43

Wholesale

Google it!!

Message 2 of 44
latest reply

Wholesale

At the risk of repeating myself…… https://www.alibaba.com

Message 3 of 44
latest reply

Wholesale

Google

Message 4 of 44
latest reply

Wholesale

Op,

1) do you already sell on EB or are you starting out?

2) "don't do it" unless you have a storage unit and ways to store hundreds of items.

3) You can go to Youtube and see other resellers who have opened RETAIL stores with wholesale/bulk items.

Do your homework....Just IMO.

Message 5 of 44
latest reply

Wholesale

Determine what category of goods you are interested in selling and then find the related trade show in Las Vegas (almost every industry trade show is held in Las Vegas) and then visit that trade show.

Message 6 of 44
latest reply

Wholesale

This is not a question you are going to get a direct answer for. Most people, businesses exhaust enumerable hours finding and building relationships & networks  with sources. Though the easiest place to start buying on the low is Ali Express. I would not even consider Alibaba if you have no experience. Importing a container, or even pallet of merchandise is much different than ordering a few dozen items and having them shipped China Express!

Message 7 of 44
latest reply

Wholesale

LOOK LOCALLY.

Anyplace you find online will have multiple of people trying to dropship the same "bleep" and you end up making no money except the bulk company because you each try to race to the bottom selling the same widgets.

so look around your own area and see what business's you have that might work with/for you. 

Message 8 of 44
latest reply

Wholesale

You really expect people to share their sources with you?  Just what we need, more competition from someone unwilling to do the work.

Once had a guy inform me I was going to tell him where I got my stuff for sale at the local flea market.  Told me he wouldn't be competition as  his booth was 4 spaces from mine (40 feet).  I told him I don't share my sources. 

3 weeks later, he INSISTED I was going to give him the information.  I again declined his request.  Next thing I know, he's in my face, telling me that I HAVE to give in the information, it's illegal if I don't, because of "fair competition" laws.  Started laughing, right out loud, to his face.  Told him to F off, there's no such law.  Laughed and laughed and laughed!

Do your own homework.  

Message 9 of 44
latest reply

Wholesale

Clearly you were able to find a source as every one of your listings is new with tags.

Message 10 of 44
latest reply

Wholesale

Sorry, this response was meant for the OP. Mea culpa 😔

Message 11 of 44
latest reply

Wholesale

eBay Bulq.  Good stuff too.  You can resell (maybe, if you are lucky) like 40% of it.

Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 12 of 44
latest reply

Wholesale

umm, trying to be polite here, but your pictures are bad and so are your listings.   I wouldn't stop at one listing.  Black clothing on a dark background with no sizes.  A line that doesn't even belong in the North Face Shirt.  No Measurements, no mention of fabric content.    All I see is the back button.

Why not learn to sell first?  Then decide  what to sell and where to get it?

Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 13 of 44
latest reply

Wholesale

First you get your business license, your resale tax exemption certificate, your business bank account, and all that good stuff.  No legitimate wholesaler, with goods worth selling, is going to deal with you.   Be sure to have your lawyer take a quick look at the wholesale contract, which will outline minimum and maximum quantities, freight arrangements, returns, payment terms, and so on.

Prior to contacting any wholesaler, you will have already decided what you want to sell and have determined that wholesaler deals in such goods. 

Otherwise, I suppose you can go for the cheap Chinese "wholesale" trash that a million other sellers are trying to flog on eBay, mostly the same junk sold for in dollar stores for the same or less.

I'm trying to be pedantic or discouraging.  I'm trying to tell you that commerce is not as simple as, "Oh, I'll get some wholesaler to sell me some stuff and then I'll list it on eBay for a big profit."

You set up your own business, and you can succeed in that business.  But it takes time and committment and some money upfront.  It takes homework, and legwork, and gruntwork.

-

Message 14 of 44
latest reply

Wholesale

Sri seller followed one of them how to: and since does sell:

this is a pointless question as you seem to be already drop shipping....

Message 15 of 44
latest reply