cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wholesale

How do i find companies to buy in bulk from so i can resell items on ebay?

Message 1 of 44
latest reply
43 REPLIES 43

Wholesale

@antala_53 wrote:

Google "pallet remainder stock"

It can be great, it can be iffy.  Often, it is returns, clearance that did not sell, bulk remainder seasonal, etc etc.

You do not want a pallet of 700 unique items....nightmare to list.  You do need to inspect/test every item.  Every single one. 

You need somewhere that accepts pallet deliveries and you need adequate storage.

Under promise/over deliver....list as "used", if in doubt.  And right now, the freight costs are HIGH!  Hard(er) to turn a profit.

Good luck!

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 16 of 44
latest reply

Wholesale

Before you go searching for more items to sell how about learning the basics of listing? Dark clothes on dark backgrounds? The women’s North Face hoodie? Without exact measurements the term “oversized fit” means nothing. Especially to someone who has never owned North Face apparel. Not willing to do your own research just brands you as a lazy seller. To some buyers that asks what else is the seller “lazy” about? You need to look at the sold listings of successful sellers to see what they did right. Better photos would be a huge step in the right direction. And as Maxine said no cheap trash from China!

Message 17 of 44
latest reply

Wholesale

Sorry but some of us don't  care about the competition. If others start selling what you're selling one of you will be best seller of that product. And that's what buyers will look for. You should have nothing to fear if you're the best!

thomasnet.com

This company has been around for years.  In the 70s it was the Thomas Register and it was a huge book (before internet) . I had three uniform shops as a side hustle and used it to find the manufacturers of uniforms, shoes and accessories, everything USA.  True wholesale buying direct from the manufacturer.  Be prepared to have pretty deep pockets. Way back then most top name companies I dealt with  like Barco, Tiffany, NurseMates had a $1,000 minimum first order, you must have a business license and they ran a Dun & Bradstreet on you; you needed good credit to do business  and you had to post a bond with some of the companies. 

Thank you, that'll be $5 please.     JUST KIDDING!!!!

😪🙏🇺🇦

Message 18 of 44
latest reply

Wholesale

@katzrul15 wrote:

@antala_53 wrote:

Google "pallet remainder stock"...

Just two provisos:

Many people do not realize how big and heavy a pallet-load is.  After all, pallets are designed to be moved with fork-lifts.   The delivery truck driver will expect a loading dock or its equivalent.  Otherwise, it's going to be dumped on a driveway or lawn.

These are pallet-loads of returns, remainders, hurts, dead stock, overstock, damaged items, goods from liquidation bankruptcies, and the like, just as you say.  In short, it's stuff that "has issues."  🙂

Yes, there's money to be made for those who have the space to deal with this stuff, and ways to dispose of the non-saleable items are are inevitably a part of it, but I say it's not a game for the faint of heart.

-

Message 19 of 44
latest reply

Wholesale

Dear You Can Google it

Message 20 of 44
latest reply

Wholesale

First - do the work and investigate what you want to sell and who supplies it.  Second - have a lot of money available to invest in inventory.  Third - be extremely wary of selling high theft, high counterfeit items like electronics.  Fourth - plan on much of that inventory to take some time to sell.  Fifth - plan on some inventory being a money loser. There is a reason why merchandise is on clearance.  Sixth - know your competition.  You can get a super deal on merchandise only to find the market is flooded with it and nobody wants it any longer.   

Small Business Incubator - usually affiliated with your city's economic development department, university or college.  They have information available on suppliers.

SCORE - Service Corp Of Retired Executives - volunteer organization that assists with small business start ups.

Wholesale Shows and Trade Shows - Must have a valid business license for access.  Google and check your local chamber of commerce calendar of events for any near you.  

Import Shows and Specialized Shows - use the search resources mentioned above.  Some shows are open to the public such as the International Gem & Jewelry shows.  

Rock, Gem and Mineral Shows - sponsored by local clubs.  Wide variety of merchandise including finished jewelry, jewelry making supplies, jewelry tools, decorative rocks, loose gem stones, mineral specimens, metaphysical & chakra rocks and crystals, jewelry display supplies, cutting saws, polishers and grinders.  Lots more.  Some of the local vendors bring all kinds of merchandise to these shows.

Franklin, NC hosts 4 or 5 rock shows plus a Gem & Lapidary Wholesale Show all going on at the same time 3 times per year.  (Beautiful mountain scenery is a plus).

Large cities near you - check their chamber of commerce events calendars for any events that might appeal to you.  

Wholesale vendors - brick and mortar operations that have everything from restaurant supplies, dried flowers, specialty foods, etc. 

Do the work - there is a whole world of opportunities for obtaining merchandise.    

And there is always the run around to every Walmart, Target, Kohl's, Macy's etc to hunt for mark downs and clearance items.  Thrift stores, flea markets, garage sales, estate sales, art fairs and festivals.  Some cities sponsor a huge garage sale at country fair grounds.

Don't forget to search eBay for big, large, and huge lot listings.   Many sellers find some of their merchandise right here. 

Message 21 of 44
latest reply

Wholesale

@antala_53 wrote:

The margins buying new products from a "wholesaler" are probably far too slim for eBay. For example, if I list a $15 item on eBay it should be something for which I paid no more than $2 if I expect a decent net profit.

Message 22 of 44
latest reply

Wholesale

Thanks! You are a genius! 

Message 23 of 44
latest reply

Wholesale

Have you sold anything on eBay? 🤔 

Message 24 of 44
latest reply

Wholesale

It was just a question, calm down. All it takes is one person to give me a good lead. A good lead, can lead to more ideas 💡 

Message 25 of 44
latest reply

Wholesale

Can I just say, thanks for not bothering to listen.  Your pictures still look like carp, adding sizes doesn't help enough when you are showing a lump on something dark on a dark surface.

PEOPLE SHOP BY PICTURE FIRST, SECOND AND THIRD.  Your pictures are horrible.  You have to care to do your best.

Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 26 of 44
latest reply

Wholesale

Hi! I have been a seller here for 10+ years. You could save some valuable keyword space in your titles by dropping the “Brand New With Tags” from them. Right under your titles on the app eBay already includes the words “Brand New” and sometimes the brand name, size, and even “with tags”. See screenshot below for circled [text continued below]

D9F7E7CB-5E49-4676-A5DD-0F75B21EB3CB.jpeg

examples from your listing thumbnails. Use the space this frees up in your titles to include color, style and other descriptors that will help guide searchers to your items. 

Using a plain white background when photographing your items is the industry standard, and the kind most search engines prefer when selecting listings to go on their sites like Google or Bing. 

By tweaking some of your listings you can improve your traffic flow and bring more eyes to your listings. Wish you all the best.

Message 27 of 44
latest reply

Wholesale

@antala_53 

Ever heard of a posting ID?

Message 28 of 44
latest reply

Wholesale

@antala_53 

Honestly, you’ve posted asking for help but come off pretty snippy.

Aside from the advice you been given regarding your current listings, I’d work on being pleasant no matter your personal feelings. Working with the public isn’t easy, customers can be annoying, and an angry one can do your business some harm.

A few negs and poorly presented listings, and you’re done before you start.

Message 29 of 44
latest reply

Wholesale

@this*old*attic wrote:

@antala_53 

Ever heard of a posting ID?

Exactly on time.

Which one is it? Are we allowed to have other accounts or not?

You use account stats in an attempt to get personal, but it's not OK for others to do the same. This place is really something.

Message 30 of 44
latest reply