cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What in the world? Email from "Ebay Collections"

This is a first.  On one of my four selling accounts, I just got an email titled "KEEP YOUR ACCOUNT IN GOOD STANDING - PAYMENT NEEDED".

First line: 

Please pay your eBay Seller fees

My fees were, and have always been, paid in full through paypal every month.  The account in question had its fees paid on 8/15/18, right on schedule.  

And before you ask, no, I don't think it's a spoof.  The email came from collections_us@ebay.com

Yet another "improvement" apparently designed to confound the heck out of us?

Message 1 of 223
latest reply
222 REPLIES 222

I got the same email. My fees were paid 5 days ago...
Message 2 of 223
latest reply

Same happened to my account.  When I look at my account on ebay, it indicates the amount has been paid (automatically through paypal as you do).  I'm going to ignore the message as just another bug in the system.

Message 3 of 223
latest reply

Just made a post about this.... I got the email too. Come on Ebay, can't we go a month or two without some crazy bug? Hopefully they send out a correction and don't actually impact our selling status or something.... I wonder if this impacted literally everyone or just a select group.

Message 4 of 223
latest reply

Received the same message... also have autopay.. confired in eBay and PayPal that it was paid 5 days ago.. waiting for the "Valued eBay Seller, we goofed" email....

Message 5 of 223
latest reply

Same here, just came here to see if anyone else got one.

Ebay building confidence in it's sellers. 

Message 6 of 223
latest reply

I got the same message and just called customer service.  They confirmed my fees have been paid.  I suggested they send out an announcement that this is either a scam or error or something cause its happening to alot of us.

Message 7 of 223
latest reply

Me too.  Mine were automatically paid via PayPal on 8/15/18 and show as paid on that date in my account.  Tried to contact eBay via the 'Call Me Back' feature, but notice comes up saying that option is not available at this time.  Sounds like lots of people may have gotten that email and phones must be ringing like crazy.

Message 8 of 223
latest reply

I got the same here (in French - I am based in France and registered on eBay.fr)

Fees were automatically collected in full on Aug 16 via Paypal, like every month for 10 years

This seems to be a worldwide problem, not only on eBay.com.

Message 9 of 223
latest reply

Nothing like an email threatening to refer you to a collections agency over a bill you already paid to show you what a valued and appreciated customer you are to eBay.

Message 10 of 223
latest reply

I got the email too.  Has to be another glitch.  My account balance shows $0 due as of 8-20, also shows the payment that was made on the 16th, and my paypal account also shows that the payment was made.  I didn't even open the email, but it did appear to be a legit ebay address.

Message 11 of 223
latest reply

Yah, got this too.  Not accustomed to getting “collection” notices. Really ticks me off. Wasted time checking accounts and verifying payments went through as they have for 20 years. 

And they want to be our payment processor.  A nice start might be not giving your good customers a collective heart attack.

Message 12 of 223
latest reply

I received the same message today. Payment was an auto-withdraw from my PayPal account on the 15th as it had been for the past 20 years. Maybe eBay hoped some numpty would double-pay their bill?

-C

Message 13 of 223
latest reply

I also recieved the same email. Weird. My payment was made 5 days ago also.

Message 14 of 223
latest reply

just replying here, because i just got it too and tried to log in, but then stopped myself before i logged into payapl thinking "Why the F is ebay sending me an email about this?"

changed my password too
Message 15 of 223
latest reply