cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What in the world? Email from "Ebay Collections"

This is a first.  On one of my four selling accounts, I just got an email titled "KEEP YOUR ACCOUNT IN GOOD STANDING - PAYMENT NEEDED".

First line: 

Please pay your eBay Seller fees

My fees were, and have always been, paid in full through paypal every month.  The account in question had its fees paid on 8/15/18, right on schedule.  

And before you ask, no, I don't think it's a spoof.  The email came from collections_us@ebay.com

Yet another "improvement" apparently designed to confound the heck out of us?

Message 1 of 223
latest reply
222 REPLIES 222

Good to know that i wasn't the only one and i will probably just ignore this since the amount in question, just like everyone else, was paid off on the 15th.

Message 16 of 223
latest reply

Glad I’m not alone. I went ahead and changed my passwords to be safe, since it’s a little too odd that this email mentioned the exact amount I owed if it happens to not be from eBay, and reported it as spam. 

Message 17 of 223
latest reply

eBay...sick of getting mini heart attacks with messages like this....I think you need to give us a 500 FREE LISTINGS week for ALL ACCOUNTS! Everyone out there should suggest this to them....my anxiety ridden heart is still pounding!
Message 18 of 223
latest reply

I also received the same email today. I was silly and clicked the email because it looked pretty legit. Now spent the last 25 minutes changing passwords just in case. 

Message 19 of 223
latest reply

Also very strange that there is no copy of this email in my ebay messages.

But it was sent to me with my real name and the actual amount that was owed on the last invoice (and paid by direct debit 5 days ago.)  My seller account shows zero balance due.

So weird.

Message 20 of 223
latest reply

eBay is useless; worst user experience, most un-userfriendly website of all-time. Pretty sure their development team is made up of family members of senior executives.
Message 21 of 223
latest reply

Same email received here.  The fact that it had the exact amount made me more nervous about it - but I verified with Paypal that it had been paid and it's showing paid in my eBay account.  I sent an email to eBay but I'm not really optimistic about an answer (It was a 157 minute hold time to call, so...  nope).  I so needed something to be worried about when I sell infrequently.

Message 22 of 223
latest reply

I got the same email too.  I could not get through to Ebay customer service on the phone, and the call back option isn't available.  My PayPal account shows this was paid on 8/15.  I checked my Ebay account summary and it shows the payment coming in and $0.00 as of today due in the upper half of the screen, BUT...  Under Total Fees and Payments in the lower half of the screen it doesn't show the payment applied yet.  I think Ebay is having a glitch with applying the payments and this is generating emails automatically.  Hopefully they will fix this ASAP.

Message 23 of 223
latest reply

actually i think this may be a scam e-mail   wasn't ebay hacked not to long ago this could be from that as the text etc... look funny   and it has the actually amount of the fees  

Message 24 of 223
latest reply

Looks like an error on ebays part. 

For business owners like us that sell a high volume on eBay, this is kinda frightening knowing that your account can just be suspended due some errors as the email in this case stated. 

Anyone called eBay about this? If so what was their exponation? 

Thanks for posting. 

Certainly good to know we weren’t the only ones! 

Message 25 of 223
latest reply

Same here. Got the email today 8/20/18 at 5:35pm EST, no message on eBay. PayPal shows fees were paid 8/15/18, eBay Account Summary shows $0.00 amount due. Although they addressed me by my username and knew exactly how much I owed from last month, I changed my eBay and PayPal passwords and forwarded it to spoof@ebay.com because I thought I might had been hacked. eBay says they're supposed to respond to my email to tell me whether or not it's legit - haven't heard anything back 1 hour later.

I suggest you all also take security precautions until we hear something from eBay about this. Forward the email to spoof@ebay.com . Don't click on any links in the email and change your eBay and PayPal passwords.

Message 26 of 223
latest reply

I guess it explains the 260 min wait for customer service. My case is worse the amount that actually took that they are now saying hasn't been paid is wrong. Double screwed up. What to do what to do

Message 27 of 223
latest reply

I also got this email. Fees are paid up with exception of what was sold in the last few days. The amount owed in my email was not correct. It was a random amount, not my invoice balance like most of you say. I forwarded to spoof department and didn't click on any links. It did have my real name in the email though..

Message 28 of 223
latest reply

I too received the email notice but not in messages

so I forwarded it to spoof at ebay.com

Then I found this thread...OOPS
Message 29 of 223
latest reply

Did ebay get hacked? I got a message from them too about the collections. 

Message 30 of 223
latest reply