cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone take the survey for ebay get the impression they want to stop doing seller updates?

Here is a copy of the survey:

Instead of ebay being active and transparent of the update by being on these boards today and answering the questions they instead are directing everyone to "fill out this survey - it really helps us!" - but have you seen this silly survey? 
1. How did you hear about this Spring Seller Update?
2. Was the information clear and concise? Rate your satisfaction with how the Spring Seller Update information was presented to you, using a scale of 1-5 where 5 is extremely satisfied and 1 is extremely dissatisfied.
3. Are Seller Updates useful in how you manage your eBay business?
4. How likely are you to participate or read the next Seller Update?
5. How much of your eCommerce business is on eBay?

Question 2: They literally had the vaguest wording on much of the update including zero details about the changes they made to the return system, then the question asks was the information "clear and concise"  I just can't at this point, where are all the educated employees at ebay proof reading stuff like this?

These are the type of questions I would be asking if I wanted to get rid of something.  Also the last question seems a little weird, maybe they are finally trying to gauge how much business they are losing.

Anyone have any idea the intent of such a simple survey when reps are being asked really well worded issues we are having with the new seller update such as the increase in return duration.  As Mam broke it down on another thread if a person waits till day 30 of a 30 day return to open the return, then waits 5 business days to print a label, then waits 7 business days to send it back it will take over 2 months from the sale date of an item to get the item returned. This is insane.

Basically any item you sell that the buyer hijacks or is just super lazy in the return, by the time you get it back it will be a different season.

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Anyone take the survey for ebay get the impression they want to stop doing seller updates?

As far as the return situation goes, we have 30 day returns. I have one buyer now who opened a return many weeks ago and we sent a shipping label. They have not used it and there is no movement showing the item has been shipped back. Becuase we offer the 30 day returns I usually wait till the 30 day mark then call Ebay and have them close the return at that point. Yes, it is a long time. Sometimes buyers open a return then decide to keep the item and probably forget they have opened one and need to close it.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

My understanding is that sellers will no longer to be able to call ebay and get a return closed, pretty much ever. The automated system will close the return only after all possible time has run out for the buyer. 

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Yes, it is a long time.

For some reason I think that LONG TIME...just became longer.  Long time has been replaced with 'sufficient' time. 

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

@ersatz_sobriquet wrote:

My understanding is that sellers will no longer to be able to call ebay and get a return closed, pretty much ever. The automated system will close the return only after all possible time has run out for the buyer. 

That is how I understood it as well but I would still feel alot more secure in that knowledge if an eBay employee could and would provide further clarification regarding that particular detail.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

See this thread--seems they have an additional 5 days to start a return. Outside window is basically 60 days if a buyer waits until the last minute for each needed action. Huh! Just like ebay wanted years ago, what a coincidence! 

Thread titled: Spring Update Changes to handling return requests that appear abandoned?

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

I'm not sure what they were after, but the survey did seem.....odd.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Same old "you asked, we listened" sleight of hand coming up.
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

No, I didn't get that impression. I didn't think much of the survey, don't know who designed it, but it seemed a little silly. But no, I am quite sure they aren't going to get rid of Seller Updates.
Message 9 of 11
latest reply

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques wrote:
No, I didn't get that impression. I didn't think much of the survey, don't know who designed it, but it seemed a little silly. But no, I am quite sure they aren't going to get rid of Seller Updates.

I'm sure also they won't get rid of them - but not as sure if they won't get rid of TELLING us about them ...

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

I got a kick out of this one:

Are Seller Updates useful in how you manage your eBay business?

How else would we know what we have to do?, what ebay is going to do to us? 

Message 11 of 11
latest reply