cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What in the world? Email from "Ebay Collections"

This is a first.  On one of my four selling accounts, I just got an email titled "KEEP YOUR ACCOUNT IN GOOD STANDING - PAYMENT NEEDED".

First line: 

Please pay your eBay Seller fees

My fees were, and have always been, paid in full through paypal every month.  The account in question had its fees paid on 8/15/18, right on schedule.  

And before you ask, no, I don't think it's a spoof.  The email came from collections_us@ebay.com

Yet another "improvement" apparently designed to confound the heck out of us?

Message 1 of 223
latest reply
222 REPLIES 222

Re: What in the world? Email from "Ebay Collections"

6hrs on hold. Ours account was on hold as well, the email we received still made it seem as if t was our fault and they removed the hold "as a courtesy". What garbage...lost all my Monday posts, biggest day of the week. Lost thousands in revenue. 

Message 211 of 223
latest reply

I went through this six months ago!

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Payments/To-eBay-Collections-Why-all-the-scary-warnings/m-p/28161303#M...

When it comes to eBay it's sad that we know past errors will be repeated.

Message 212 of 223
latest reply

With the initial rollout starting in September - not a beta test - it is easy understand the e-mail.   Someone pressed the wrong button in the setup phase, thus, sent in error.

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 213 of 223
latest reply

it is going to happen again (September 2018)... already got an email today saying to pay my bill or risk suspension when it has already been paid

Message 214 of 223
latest reply

@ted_200 wrote:

Are you guys sure about all this, I think you're making this up...  I checked yesterday, eBay says everything is in "Good Health".

http://www.ebay.com/sts

I know this is an old post, but someone drug it up...anyway, I thought you'd get a kick out of this:

I clicked your link - here's to good healthlaughing

67309bc16e42706b27ab98ff2b801135

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 215 of 223
latest reply

@clivingston76 wrote:

it is going to happen again (September 2018)... already got an email today saying to pay my bill or risk suspension when it has already been paid

I have not gotten one of them today. 

Message 216 of 223
latest reply

@mansons2005 wrote:

@dadsfloridatreasure wrote:

Give eBay a little credit.  They did say "sorry".

grin

And in the spirit of Credit where Credit is due - an employee DID see the issue posted shorty after its birth and posted a response! Had I been that employee, I would have typed up my resume and started looking for alternate employment,  being much too embarassed to respond to ANOTHER glaring glitch........................Cat LOL

I doubt that that most employee had much work to do on the resume as I am sure a large majority of Ebay employees updated their resumes and started getting them out after the first round of June layoffs.  After seeing many of the names that wound up out the door either due to that or of their own accord shortly thereafter, I would really be worrying about just how much quality talent and knowledge that Ebay has recently lost.

Message 217 of 223
latest reply

@ted_200 wrote:

How did this issue manage to get through "The Enhanced Oversight Process Team" ?

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Announcements/We-re-Sorry-for-Recent-Technical-Issues-That-May-Have-Im...

"Please know that we are committed to ensuring a world-class selling experience.

Our goal is to provide you the best platform for your business. In order to reduce the likelihood of technical issues occurring in the future, we are reviewing our testing and implementation practices and instituting an enhanced oversight process for all technical changes that may impact you."

Oh... you fell for that?  LOL!

Are you guys sure about all this, I think you're making this up...  I checked yesterday, eBay says everything is in "Good Health".

Actually I think that board is permanently set that way and does not have the ability to change as i have yet to ever see anything but green check marks on it even when Ebay is completely down...lol.

Message 218 of 223
latest reply

Actually I think that board is permanently set that way and does not have the ability to change as i have yet to ever see anything but green check marks on it even when Ebay is completely down...lol.

That's probably because the site is usually functioning as it is designed to. Including the glitches (which normally make ebay money). It's an underhanded way of doing business, and they are continuing this with the 4% fee hike (which they likely anticipate 50%+ of sellers paying). 

Ebay has no moral issue with stealing from sellers to fool shareholders, because ebay has no morals. 

Message 219 of 223
latest reply

@southern*sweet*tea wrote:

@ted_200 wrote:

I know this is an old post, but someone drug it up...anyway, I thought you'd get a kick out of this:

I clicked your link - here's to good healthlaughing

67309bc16e42706b27ab98ff2b801135

That is priceless.  grinning

The Floggings Will Continue Until Morale Improves.
Message 220 of 223
latest reply

Wow, what a saga...I am SO glad I do not sell here anymore.
Message 221 of 223
latest reply

Still happening nearly 2 years later.

I looked in Snopes.com thinking it was a phishing scam, but it wasn’t listed. I’ll just ignore it now knowing that eBay is riddled with tech issues. 

Message 222 of 223
latest reply

Hello Everyone,

Due to the age of the thread, it has been closed to further replies.  Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thanks for understanding!

Message 223 of 223
latest reply