cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What in the world? Email from "Ebay Collections"

This is a first.  On one of my four selling accounts, I just got an email titled "KEEP YOUR ACCOUNT IN GOOD STANDING - PAYMENT NEEDED".

First line: 

Please pay your eBay Seller fees

My fees were, and have always been, paid in full through paypal every month.  The account in question had its fees paid on 8/15/18, right on schedule.  

And before you ask, no, I don't think it's a spoof.  The email came from collections_us@ebay.com

Yet another "improvement" apparently designed to confound the heck out of us?

Message 1 of 223
latest reply
222 REPLIES 222

Re: What in the world? Email from "Ebay Collections"

No one else has mentioned this. Are you sure you've actually paid your fees?
Reality is the leading cause of stress.
Message 61 of 223
latest reply

I got the same email today also. My account has been paid, as always. I did not receive the message in eBay Messages. I think its a scam email.
Message 62 of 223
latest reply

Yes I got the email too saying my account is placed on hold for non payment.  Even though I paid my fees on the 15th, paid every penny that was owed and even my new August bill shows it was paid in full on the 15th.  This glitch has stopped my business Cold and it completely sucks!!!

Message 63 of 223
latest reply

Thank you for posting this - same issue - they knew exactly how much I owed and used my account name. If Ebay hasn't been hacked it is preparing for the Paypal meltdown as like original poster - my fees were automatically paid by Paypal on August 15th. I took a snapshot of the page just in case. We are no longer going to be able to pay out fees through Paypal as Ebay shifts over into being out banker. Does anyone remember Ebay Payments from the early 2000s? Probably not - it went that well.
Message 64 of 223
latest reply

They better NOT be putting accounts on hold for this bogus issue. Ina will have a field day with this one.
Message 65 of 223
latest reply

Got the same email and thought it looked suspicious since never got that before.  did not even open it.

Had decided to ignore it even before google of it to get me here and see these others bewildered.

IF it is truely from ebay, a universal apology is in order from ebay.  

Message 66 of 223
latest reply

Its time to stop all the ebay bull**bleep** and start a class action lawsuit

Message 67 of 223
latest reply

Yes I paid on the 14th. If I don't pay by the 15th they suspend my account and they didn't on the 16th. I was posting this morning and then BOOM suspended!
Message 68 of 223
latest reply

Got the same email, but I clicked and followed the link to update my automatic payment method because I thought it somehow unlinked my paypal. Not only did I sign into my paypal on ebay to update my autopay, I made a one time payment without realizing I had already paid my fees so now I may be out my money. If eBay knows they are hacked, which I believe they do by the number of people here and the 4 hour wait time, I believe it's against federal law to not inform sellers that they are hacked. It could take weeks to months to sort this out.

Message 69 of 223
latest reply

I got the same email and all info referenced in the email is correct: User name, personal email account and amount due (which was paid 5 days ago through auto deduction).  It is rather creepy and what the heck?!?

Message 70 of 223
latest reply

I got the same email. I'm just going to ignore it I can go to my paypal and show where my ebay fees got paided for this month already. 

Message 71 of 223
latest reply

It appears there are various permutations to this "glitch".

Some have the account showing as paid on ebay, some have it not showing, some have it showing as paid but the same amount due Aug 31st.

what the heck is going on

eta: Not to mention the poor sellers who have paid but have a hold placed on their accounts. They better fix this one FAST

Message 72 of 223
latest reply

Grrrrrr ... add me to the list of recipients of the ongoing STUPIDITY that is now eBay.

Smiley Mad Smiley Mad Smiley Mad Smiley Mad Smiley Mad Smiley Mad Smiley Mad Smiley Mad Smiley Mad Smiley Mad Smiley Mad Smiley Mad Smiley Mad Smiley Mad Smiley Mad Smiley Mad Smiley Mad Smiley Mad Smiley Mad Smiley Mad Smiley Mad Smiley Mad Smiley Mad Smiley Mad Smiley Mad Smiley Mad 

I'm ̶p̶r̶e̶t̶t̶y̶ ̶s̶u̶r̶e̶ certain the lunatics have taken over the asylum.
Message 73 of 223
latest reply

It's a scam people. Just spoke to eBay.  Don't click on any of the links just forward to spoof@ebay.com.au 

It's a bit of a worry as I suspect they have been hacked, they certainly have a lot of information about us including details of our last payment. I'm about to change my password. Seems the last time this happened eBay was not quick to announce they had been hacked so I'm not waiting for the announcement to take action.

Message 74 of 223
latest reply

I just noticed this from the email:

"If you have already paid your eBay fees, please disregard this message."

Message disregarded.

Message 75 of 223
latest reply