cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Well so much for the great "eBay Fee Deferral Program"

When this was announced I have to admit I was really touched and even bragged about the offer on Facebook and other social media sites.
I applied and was accepted
Woke up this morning to find that Ebay had taken the whole invoice amount, and of course ebay support is down.
Why I expected this to work...........I should have known better

Message 1 of 68
latest reply
67 REPLIES 67

@wastingtime101 wrote:

A slew of charges and reversals? That's really a confusing mess. There should be no charge at all for the month's invoice.

eBay said the charge would be split between the next 2 invoices, so let's say it was April that was deferred. May should see May's charge plus 1/2 of April's charge. June should see June's charge plus 1/2 of April's charge. April shouldn't see any charges to your account.

No, even though the charges are being deferred, the April billing still has to show somewhere in April's billing cycle because that's when it was incurred. That's why the invoice for April should show the charge then the credit (which then becomes a debit against the following invoices).

Message 61 of 68
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ktronics wrote:

Okay, I'm not getting this. So I was approved in march and paid my full amount on March 30th. No big deal.

I get my invoice for my next payment, due at the end of the month and it shows the full amount due of $147.98.

Now I notice that eBay credit me on April 21st for $132.87, then debit me for $132.87, then credit me again for $132.87 and then debit me the next day for $132.87. What's going on? Anyone getting the same sort of thing? Now it says my current balance is $170.96 and I have $288.72 not invoiced yet. I'm suppose to pay 147.98 and have about $45-50 not invoiced yet. Can anyone explain this to me and how much I'm suppose to pay? I've attached some photos below. I'm confused and thought my payments would be split up. And no I haven't received any credit as in money back to my paypal account or anything.

Hi @ktronics, happy to provide some clarification for you; there was a process error when we were processing the adjustment on your invoice for your deferment plan. This error resulted in a credit appearing twice on your invoice and in some case included non covered fees. This does not change your deferment plan or the amount you need to pay back in two 50/50 installments. If you had non-covered fees that were credited in error, we are not asking you to pay those this month as originally scheduled, but we will need you to pay them next month on your regular invoice. Your deferment payment has not changed and the repayment for that is still the same.

If you were approved for the eBay Fee Deferral program and received an invoice on April 15th, you should have also been provided with a message from us by April 22nd that outlines how your fees will defer. You can refer to this message for clarification on what specific amount will be moved to your May invoice, and what will be moved to your June invoice. If you have any additional questions, you are welcome to contact Customer Service to discuss the specific details of your account.

Message 62 of 68
latest reply

Thanks for the help. I did get a message from eBay explaining it in more detail. I figured it was an error and was just going to wait to see what happens. Anyways, I think I have it all figured out. Thanks again for the explanation. 

Message 63 of 68
latest reply

I got the message on one account but not the other. The amounts are all messed up like everyone else's but not explanation message.

Message 64 of 68
latest reply

• If you are approved by March 31, 2020 and have an invoice dated March 31, 2020, 50% of the Covered Fees will be deferred until the April 30, 2020 invoice, and the remainder will be deferred until May 31, 2020 invoice.
  • If you are approved between March 31st and April 15th, and have an invoice dated March 31, 2020, expect to pay your monthly March invoice in full as usual. 50% of your Covered Fees on your April 30, 2020 invoice will be deferred until the May 31, 2020 invoice and 50% deferred until your June 30th invoice.
  • If you submit by April 15th and are approved and have an invoice dated April 15, 2020, 50% of the Covered Fees will be deferred until the May 15, 2020 invoice, and the remainder will be deferred until the June 15, 2020 invoice.

If approved, please be aware that you will still receive your regular invoice which will include the Covered Fees by this deferment program, as well as any other fees and charges. The non covered fees and charges will be due within the normal payment time frame, and the payment of the Covered Fees will be based on the schedule above.

You should check My eBay or Seller Hub for details about what Payments are due:

• My eBay -> Account -> Seller Account
  • Seller Hub -> Account Settings -> Seller Account

Please refer to the Frequently Asked Questions for the list of covered selling fees.

Message 65 of 68
latest reply

I'm SO glad I didn't bother applying to defer any fees.

(and then they wonder why being forced into MP is an issue).

Message 66 of 68
latest reply

just the latest of the amazonning of ebay.  more like them every day.

Message 67 of 68
latest reply

yah, about like being charged interest on a "average balance".   if you had a 200 dollar balance for a month and paid it off the second month, the bank could charge you interest on your average balance, even though you had paid it off already.    neat cheat way to steal money, which ebay is being more and more creatiive with every day.

Message 68 of 68
latest reply