cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Well so much for the great "eBay Fee Deferral Program"

When this was announced I have to admit I was really touched and even bragged about the offer on Facebook and other social media sites.
I applied and was accepted
Woke up this morning to find that Ebay had taken the whole invoice amount, and of course ebay support is down.
Why I expected this to work...........I should have known better

Message 1 of 68
latest reply
67 REPLIES 67

I realize people are reading invoice "due date" as when the money is taken out, but the remainder of the explanation doesn't indicate that......it means when the invoice is closed...….ie. the 15th or the 30th...…...

All the dates are " have an invoice dated xxxx,"   not the date moneys are taken out of accounts.  

Message 31 of 68
latest reply

@moldy5 

i received that 200 offer...BUT...i received 2 of them with the same criteria, same start/end dates. i know better to not click on both....one will be free, the other will probably charge me lol.

I ain't got the brains to make this up (Fantastic Beasts)
Message 32 of 68
latest reply

wowsers-I sure hope not! They read the same, will find out when the 1st batch of 200 get used up. Gotta think positive things despite all the scary news. Stay safe.
Message 33 of 68
latest reply

This says "if approved BEFORE your invoice due date"  So it should NOT be April since my invoice due date is March 30th and that's the date Ebay took the money.

If approved before your invoice due date, certain selling fees will be deferred until your next invoice as outlined below.

End-of-the Month Invoice Mid-Month Invoice Approved March 25 to March 31, 2020 April 1 through April 10, 2020 March 25 to April 10, 2020 Fees deferred until 50% of deferred Covered Fees will be billed as part of the April 30, 2020 invoice and the remaining 50% as part of the May 31, 2020 invoice 50% of deferred Covered Fees will be billed as part of the May 31, 2020 invoice and the remaining 50% as part of the June 30, 2020 invoice 50% of deferred Covered Fees will be billed as part of the May 15, 2020 invoice and the remaining 50% as part of the June 15, 2020 invoice

• If you are approved by March 31, 2020 and have an invoice dated March 31, 2020, 50% of the Covered Fees will be deferred until the April 30, 2020 invoice, and the remainder will be deferred until May 31, 2020 invoice.
  • If you are approved between March 31st and April 10th, and have an invoice dated March 31, 2020, expect to pay your monthly March invoice in full as usual. 50% of your Covered Fees on your April 30, 2020 invoice will be deferred until the May 31, 2020 invoice and 50% deferred until your June 30th invoice.
  • If you are approved by April 10, 2020 and have an invoice dated April 15, 2020, 50% of the Covered Fees will be deferred until the May 15, 2020 invoice, and the remainder will be deferred until the June 15, 2020 invoice.

If approved, please be aware that you will still receive your regular invoice which will include the Covered Fees by this deferment program, as well as any other fees and charges. The non covered fees and charges will be due within the normal payment time frame, and the payment of the Covered Fees will be based on the schedule above.

Message 34 of 68
latest reply

Ebay did it to me too. I assume they did it to tens of thousands of others as well. Ebay is a drunken, brain dead monster incapable of anything approaching professional operating excellence. You should have expected nothing else.
Message 35 of 68
latest reply

@floridainjection wrote:
Ebay did it to me too. I assume they did it to tens of thousands of others as well. Ebay is a drunken, brain dead monster incapable of anything approaching professional operating excellence. You should have expected nothing else.

eBay only "did it" to those who didn't read or didn't understand the details of the offer

I read it twice to make sure I understood, so that's what I did and because of that I understood which invoices it would apply to.

Those who simply skimmed or assumed are disappointed.

Message 36 of 68
latest reply

@tamarri wrote:

This says "if approved BEFORE your invoice due date"  So it should NOT be April since my invoice due date is March 30th and that's the date Ebay took the money.

If approved before your invoice due date, certain selling fees will be deferred until your next invoice as outlined below.

End-of-the Month Invoice Mid-Month Invoice Approved March 25 to March 31, 2020 April 1 through April 10, 2020 March 25 to April 10, 2020 Fees deferred until 50% of deferred Covered Fees will be billed as part of the April 30, 2020 invoice and the remaining 50% as part of the May 31, 2020 invoice 50% of deferred Covered Fees will be billed as part of the May 31, 2020 invoice and the remaining 50% as part of the June 30, 2020 invoice 50% of deferred Covered Fees will be billed as part of the May 15, 2020 invoice and the remaining 50% as part of the June 15, 2020 invoice

• If you are approved by March 31, 2020 and have an invoice dated March 31, 2020, 50% of the Covered Fees will be deferred until the April 30, 2020 invoice, and the remainder will be deferred until May 31, 2020 invoice.
  • If you are approved between March 31st and April 10th, and have an invoice dated March 31, 2020, expect to pay your monthly March invoice in full as usual. 50% of your Covered Fees on your April 30, 2020 invoice will be deferred until the May 31, 2020 invoice and 50% deferred until your June 30th invoice.
  • If you are approved by April 10, 2020 and have an invoice dated April 15, 2020, 50% of the Covered Fees will be deferred until the May 15, 2020 invoice, and the remainder will be deferred until the June 15, 2020 invoice.

If approved, please be aware that you will still receive your regular invoice which will include the Covered Fees by this deferment program, as well as any other fees and charges. The non covered fees and charges will be due within the normal payment time frame, and the payment of the Covered Fees will be based on the schedule above.

Hi @tamarri, I want to clarify that the day an invoice payment is processed is not the same as the day an invoice is dated. Automatic payments process after an invoice is generated. If your payment went through on the 30th then it sounds like your invoice was generated and dated on March 15th. You can double check this by going here and selecting your March invoice on the right side of the screen. Once the invoice is opened you'll see the invoice date in the upper right (I provided a screenshot below to show how the date is displayed). Any invoice generated and dated on March 15th will not be deferred since that invoice was generated prior to the deferment program going into place. 

Your next mid-month invoice, which will be on April 15th, will be deferred as explained in the bullet points you copy and pasted into your post. I hope this information helps!

invoice 15th.JPG 

Brian,
Community Team
Message 37 of 68
latest reply

I don't know if I even trust them to do the 50% on your next bill correctly, they always have "errors" that overcharge people
Message 38 of 68
latest reply

I have received my March 31st invoice and it shows the full amount due.  I thought the invoice would show how much is being deferred for April and how much would go towards May.  Is this not the case?  Looking at this I will have to assume the full amount is due and nothing being deferred.  With sales so low it remains to be seen how much I can come up with by my payment date...smh!  This is really not helping anyone at this point.

Message 39 of 68
latest reply

It really wasn't that great to begin with. All they're really saying is "hey, don't worry about paying us right now, just pay us later when you still can't afford it."

Message 40 of 68
latest reply

Yeah good ole compassionate **bleep** from EBay, wait till the peoples list 50k of listing
Then very well get charged for the same relisting that you wont be able to cancel
haha good one EWBay, oh and they cant count when you have a 16-30 day over invoice they double stack you so as to make it easier for you, yeah right.. suckers
Message 41 of 68
latest reply

get charged for the same relisting that you wont be able to cancel

Why won't you be able to cancel it?

Message 42 of 68
latest reply

I also CONTACTED eBay customer service to confirm, specifically asking about my latest invoice. They explicitly told me that it would be deferred. It was not.
Message 43 of 68
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@b.shanks wrote:
I also CONTACTED eBay customer service to confirm, specifically asking about my latest invoice. They explicitly told me that it would be deferred. It was not.

Hi @b.shanks, I apologize for any miscommunication that may have occurred. You were approved on April 4th, which means your April invoice will be deferred, 50% as a part of your May invoice and 50% as a part of your June invoice. This was outlined to you in an email from Customer Service on April 13th. The status of your application and details on deferment can also be found using the link included in the email you received on March 25th outlining this program. This message includes a link to our deferred billing hub which shows your application status, and then outlines how deferral works. The payment you recently made was for your March 31st invoice, which was not eligible for deferral based on when you were approved for this program. 

Message 44 of 68
latest reply

Unfortunately, the customer service representatives gave me incorrect information.

Message 45 of 68
latest reply