cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Well so much for the great "eBay Fee Deferral Program"

When this was announced I have to admit I was really touched and even bragged about the offer on Facebook and other social media sites.
I applied and was accepted
Woke up this morning to find that Ebay had taken the whole invoice amount, and of course ebay support is down.
Why I expected this to work...........I should have known better

Message 1 of 68
latest reply
67 REPLIES 67

I agree 100%.  I was in touch with them last night, and they gave me a lackluster answer that really let me down.

I am sorry to hear you were charged at this time. I know while an approval can be wonderful it can sometimes come with confusion.

Upon an approval the payment differed action will depend on your billing cycle and on the date the application is approved.

Your billing cycle is sent Mid Month (3/15). With an approval between 3/25 -4/10 (yours being approved 3/27). 50% of deferred Covered Fees will be billed as part of the May 15, 2020 invoice and the remaining 50% as part of the June 15, 2020 invoice.

I hope this information is able to help us prepare for future billing cycles as we all work together to get through our current global impact.

Please let us know if we are able to partner with you any further to help.”

Message 2 of 68
latest reply

Same problem here. They told me I was accepted, then went to paypal yesterday to take my fees, which I didn't have enough to cover given sales are such garbage right now. I'm waiting to get the email where they start threatening you about non-payment.

The 50,000 free listings is a giant lie as well. I'm still being charged $35 in listing fees this month despite their bogus announcement.

Message 3 of 68
latest reply

Same here.  Thought it was a nice offer to delay the monthly invoice and divide the payment and add it to April 30th and May 30th invoices.  Was accepted days ago.  Received email receipt 7:45 PT, 10:45 ET  last night thanking me for my payment.  WHAT???  Was surprised and went back to the approval letter to see if I misunderstood something.  Went to my PayPal account, all funds taken.  Tried to call last night.  Customer service closed.  Sent email.  Message received back that customer service replies are delayed due to the virus.  Please be patient.  Quite surprised this happened.  Wish all my other eBay sellers the best.  Be safe!!  Hildi

Message 4 of 68
latest reply

Email customer service to advise your displeasure, disappointment,  feelings of betrayal, & request corrective action be undertaken

Message 5 of 68
latest reply

I sent in a ticket just to get a cookie cutter response linking me to the requirements even after I was approved.

Message 6 of 68
latest reply

Good luck with that. I just got a cookie cutter response thanking me for being a valued ebay customer and linking me to the original requirements. After already being approved.

Message 7 of 68
latest reply

I'm also wondering if it is a coincidence, now that people are staying home due to coronavirus mandates, myself and other sellers I know haven't received the additional free listings promotions. Prior to the virus issues I would get the free 100, 200 or 500 auction offers at least once a month. Never could manage to use all of them. Now that I'm home? Nothing.
Message 8 of 68
latest reply

The money that was taken out of my account yesterday was for the invoice on March 15 th.     According to Ebay,  my invoice for April 15 th will be split between April 30th and May 30th.     Maybe you were accepted on the same terms as I was?

Message 9 of 68
latest reply

I think @Anonymous needs to see this post.

Message 10 of 68
latest reply

@bio-tchr wrote:
I'm also wondering if it is a coincidence, now that people are staying home due to coronavirus mandates, myself and other sellers I know haven't received the additional free listings promotions. Prior to the virus issues I would get the free 100, 200 or 500 auction offers at least once a month. Never could manage to use all of them. Now that I'm home? Nothing.

You can undertake to increase your pricing, & hope not to lose sales.

Message 11 of 68
latest reply

@whatmorefabric wrote:

The money that was taken out of my account yesterday was for the invoice on March 15 th.     According to Ebay,  my invoice for April 15 th will be split between April 30th and May 30th.     Maybe you were accepted on the same terms as I was?

I believe this is the answer to why the above sellers' payments were not deferred. Approved sellers on the 15th of the month billing cycle will see deferment of their April 15 invoice (not March 15). Approved sellers on the 1st of the month billing cycle will see deferment of their April 1 invoice.

Message 12 of 68
latest reply

@gamersbaystore wrote:

The 50,000 free listings is a giant lie as well. I'm still being charged $35 in listing fees this month despite their bogus announcement.

Did you activate that offer @gamersbaystore ? Do you see it under your active promotions? If it wasn't activated then eBay would have shown you the listing fees before you submitted any listings.

Message 13 of 68
latest reply

@410hammerii wrote:

I applied and was accepted
Woke up this morning to find that Ebay had taken the whole invoice amount

Do you have a mid-month invoice date, or an end-of-month invoice date? 

If you have a mid-month invoice date, your March invoice is due in full and the April invoice is the one that will be deferred to May and June.

https://www.ebay.com/sh/sdb

Message 14 of 68
latest reply

I didn't apply so didn't read the terms, but just assumed it would the following invoice not the one that had already been invoiced where payment was due today.

Message 15 of 68
latest reply