cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Well so much for the great "eBay Fee Deferral Program"

When this was announced I have to admit I was really touched and even bragged about the offer on Facebook and other social media sites.
I applied and was accepted
Woke up this morning to find that Ebay had taken the whole invoice amount, and of course ebay support is down.
Why I expected this to work...........I should have known better

Message 1 of 68
latest reply
67 REPLIES 67

Re: Well so much for the great "eBay Fee Deferral Program"

"Deferred" being spelled as "Differed" might give you a clue.

Message 16 of 68
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@410hammerii wrote:

When this was announced I have to admit I was really touched and even bragged about the offer on Facebook and other social media sites.
I applied and was accepted
Woke up this morning to find that Ebay had taken the whole invoice amount, and of course ebay support is down.
Why I expected this to work...........I should have known better

Hi @410hammerii, depending on when you were approved and what billing cycle you are on, you may be invoiced for your March fees as normal and then see your April fees deferred. You can see more details here: https://www.ebay.com/sh/sdb

Message 17 of 68
latest reply

I don't have a store so missed out on this nightmare you folks are having. Just now received a 200 free listing offer that goes from 3-31 until 4-30. Wow.. Shocked at the full month time to list but also very thankful. Flippin' bored at home. This will help the blahs. Hope many others get or got this offer!
Message 18 of 68
latest reply

I was approved before my invoice due date. As stated here: "If approved before your invoice due date, certain selling fees will be deferred until your next invoice as outlined below."

I am invoiced mid month which would mean: "50% of deferred Covered Fees will be billed as part of the May 15, 2020 invoice and the remaining 50% as part of the June 15, 2020 invoice".

I was still invoiced for the entire amount today, in spite of the fact that I was approved before the due date. I do not see where it states that the next month invoice would be the one that is affected. What am I misunderstanding?

Thanks for any assistance. 

Message 19 of 68
latest reply

The wording on the program was very vague, people need money now, eBay should have deferred fees for people with a March 15th invoice, many families out there need this money. Sourcing at thrift stores has been stopped, communities have stopped yard sales, so many people will not be able to list new items. Ebay listen to us we pay your bills and pay your employees, we need help.   

Message 20 of 68
latest reply

It's the APRIL fees that are split and deferred........not the March fees......they are due in full.........

Message 21 of 68
latest reply

I'm sorry I must be missing where it states April. Can you shoot me a link or quote where it stated? I can only imagine that's what is going on but I'm just not seeing it.

Thanks for the help.
Message 22 of 68
latest reply

@thenerdvana wrote:
I'm sorry I must be missing where it states April. Can you shoot me a link or quote where it stated? I can only imagine that's what is going on but I'm just not seeing it.

Thanks for the help.

https://www.ebay.com/sh/sdb

Message 23 of 68
latest reply

I've seen this page. Are invoices due the day they are sent? Is that what I'm missing?

Message 24 of 68
latest reply

It all depends on the date you're approved for the deferment. Any invoice issued before you're approved has to be paid in full upon receipt. The invoice that is issued after you're approved will be deferred and split over the next 2 billing cycles. You already said your payments would be split between May and June which means it applies to your April invoice. If it applied to your March invoice then your payments would have been split over April and May.

Any invoice sent March 15 doesn't qualify under this deferment because those invoices were sent out before this program started.

Message 25 of 68
latest reply

Im sorry to say I'm in the same club!

Last week (Friday March 27th) i contacted customer support to make sure that the deferment program would be in place for my invoice dated March 30, 2020. I (via email) was told by 2 different reps. that YES, YOU WILL ONLY PAY 50% of your fees for this billing cycle.

If i had not got it verified, i would have been nervous and added the additional amount into my bank checking account - although it would leave precious little money left for other bills.

Expecting the same lame auto generated email from them (as i already emailed them this am) as other seller have got.

I guess what i want to impart is, I double checked with 2 different representatives and was assured that the 50% fee would be in place for the March 30, 2020 invoice.  It is not that we sellers misunderstood what they meant. They botched it up.  I cant imagine it was intentional, who would want that backlash? Perhaps a complete lack of competence, which seems like the norm these days.

Im pretty disgusted.

Message 26 of 68
latest reply

@primingthepump wrote:

Last week (Friday March 27th) i contacted customer support to make sure that the deferment program would be in place for my invoice dated March 30, 2020. I (via email) was told by 2 different reps. that YES, YOU WILL ONLY PAY 50% of your fees for this billing cycle.

If i had not got it verified, i would have been nervous and added the additional amount into my bank checking account - although it would leave precious little money left for other bills.

Expecting the same lame auto generated email from them (as i already emailed them this am) as other seller have got.

I guess what i want to impart is, I double checked with 2 different representatives and was assured that the 50% fee would be in place for the March 30, 2020 invoice.  It is not that we sellers misunderstood what they meant. They botched it up.  I cant imagine it was intentional, who would want that backlash? Perhaps a complete lack of competence, which seems like the norm these days.

Im pretty disgusted.

You haven't gotten the March 30th invoice yet.......

Message 27 of 68
latest reply

You are right it is dated March 15.....

To be paid March 30th.

Message 28 of 68
latest reply

@dhbookds wrote:

@primingthepump wrote:

Im pretty disgusted.

You haven't gotten the March 30th invoice yet.......

Sorry, that's not quite true.........  If you are billed on the 15th, you have gotten the March Inv but because the program did not go into effect until after that invoice was sent, the first invoice to be deferred would be the one you would receive for April 15th. For those billed on the 30th.......the invoice has not been sent yet.

Message 29 of 68
latest reply

Spoiler
The agreement ISN'T when your billing date is, that's not what the deferment was referring to, it says your when your money comes out, "invoice due date"  The due date is the date your payment is DUE, when they take it out.  Which they still did which is against what they agreed to by approving the deferral.  "If approved BEFORE your invoice due date, (which mine was) certain selling fees will be deferred until your next invoice as outlined below."  But yet it was taken out and I was told that they can NOT give it back now and they will apply the deferral to the April bill, which won't be diddle since sales are completely down....Really was counting on that money to help get through this.

If approved before your invoice due date, certain selling fees will be deferred until your next invoice as outlined below.

End-of-the Month Invoice Mid-Month Invoice Approved March 25 to March 31, 2020 April 1 through April 10, 2020 March 25 to April 10, 2020 Fees deferred until 50% of deferred Covered Fees will be billed as part of the April 30, 2020 invoice and the remaining 50% as part of the May 31, 2020 invoice 50% of deferred Covered Fees will be billed as part of the May 31, 2020 invoice and the remaining 50% as part of the June 30, 2020 invoice 50% of deferred Covered Fees will be billed as part of the May 15, 2020 invoice and the remaining 50% as part of the June 15, 2020 invoice
  • If you are approved by March 31, 2020 and have an invoice dated March 31, 2020, 50% of the Covered Fees will be deferred until the April 30, 2020 invoice, and the remainder will be deferred until May 31, 2020 invoice.
  • If you are approved between March 31st and April 10th, and have an invoice dated March 31, 2020, expect to pay your monthly March invoice in full as usual. 50% of your Covered Fees on your April 30, 2020 invoice will be deferred until the May 31, 2020 invoice and 50% deferred until your June 30th invoice.
  • If you are approved by April 10, 2020 and have an invoice dated April 15, 2020, 50% of the Covered Fees will be deferred until the May 15, 2020 invoice, and the remainder will be deferred until the June 15, 2020 invoice.

If approved, please be aware that you will still receive your regular invoice which will include the Covered Fees by this deferment program, as well as any other fees and charges. The non covered fees and charges will be due within the normal payment time frame, and the payment of the Covered Fees will be based on the schedule above.

Message 30 of 68
latest reply