cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Well friends...the complaints are starting...Get ready!

Well, just saw the first of many complaints about the Trump sneakers.  Here's one of them:

The worst seller on eBay, I placed an order by mistake, I immediately contacted seller to cancel transaction. Seller refused to refund for an item never even physically shipped. Crooked **bleep**, should be in prison, the worst experience ever on eBay.

They received a photo.  Spent over a $1000.  Misleading title and description. Not happy needless to say. Get ready for more.

Have a great day friends!

Message 1 of 41
latest reply
40 REPLIES 40

Re: Well friends...the complaints are starting...Get ready!

@ckimodog wrote:

They received a photo.  Spent over a $1000.  Misleading title and description. Not happy needless to say. Get ready for more.

I guess it is time to polish up and sell my dime on ring.

Message 16 of 41
latest reply

@sextons-sweet-deals wrote:

@sextons-sweet-deals wrote

drunk buying and probably using App. 

Don't read details, don't review sellers' profile, don't look at all photos, and don't ask questions. 

I think the buyer can win this. They just have to do a little work. 

Good point, that's mostly the reason with these aging eyes, I only use desktop on ebay.

Message 17 of 41
latest reply

@m60driver 

Or a picture of it!  lol

Message 18 of 41
latest reply

From the product right through to the grift, I have NO sympathy for these buyers. None.  And I actually don't think this little kerfuffle will have much impact on eBay.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 19 of 41
latest reply

@luckythewinner wrote:

@ckimodog wrote:

Get ready for more.

What should I get ready for, and why do I need to?

exactly, if ebay does not care why should anyone else?

Message 20 of 41
latest reply

@ckimodog wrote:

@broto_64 

My friend, I agree with you. It's a mad world out there.  This is just the beginning...eBay better get ready for all the INR's.  We as sellers are going to lose a lot of buyers who will not return to eBay to shop either.  It takes only one bad experience.  That hurts us all.   Stay tuned.

Yes, but it's not just ebay. All ecommerce platforms are struggling with the nonsense, Amazon, Walmart, Marketplace, you name it, if there's a scam that can be perpetrated believe me it is happening. And I do agree it makes for horrible buyer experiences, it is also a reflection on the state of the world today and it is sad.

Message 21 of 41
latest reply

@bashort 

I get and respect your point, but at the same time I put myself in these buyers shoes.  I was scammed about a month ago on my debit card for over $100.  Luckily I got it reversed, but I had to get a whole new debit card.  I guess my point was  as another poster replied to on another thread of the same topic...buyers will leave this platform after the realized they've been scammed.  People are spending big bucks for these ugly shoes.  It's just a big mess. Sorry I wasn't more clear. 

Happy Selling

Message 22 of 41
latest reply

@broto_64 wrote:

@ckimodog wrote:

@broto_64 

My friend, I agree with you. It's a mad world out there.  This is just the beginning...eBay better get ready for all the INR's.  We as sellers are going to lose a lot of buyers who will not return to eBay to shop either.  It takes only one bad experience.  That hurts us all.   Stay tuned.

Yes, but it's not just ebay. All ecommerce platforms are struggling with the nonsense, Amazon, Walmart, Marketplace, you name it, if there's a scam that can be perpetrated believe me it is happening. And I do agree it makes for horrible buyer experiences, it is also a reflection on the state of the world today and it is sad.

It's nothing new - people have been running scams since the Stone Age - this is just another venue to do it.  The South Sea Bubble was a great example of that, and people lost millions on it. Too many people have a touching faith in the internet that has never been earned.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 23 of 41
latest reply

If I buy these shoes and then are unhappy with the candidate, can I get my money back?

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 24 of 41
latest reply

@chapeau-noir wrote:

From the product right through to the grift, I have NO sympathy for these buyers. None.  And I actually don't think this little kerfuffle will have much impact on eBay.

Right...

I mean for what some care pay they prolly' get a 3 oz. tupperware of genuine autographed feces and out of that lot no need for limited run, it just keeps coming.  Could have limited editions, "Corn w/ Castro."

Message 25 of 41
latest reply

@chapeau-noir wrote:

@broto_64 wrote:

@ckimodog wrote:

@broto_64 

It's nothing new - people have been running scams since the Stone Age - this is just another venue to do it.  The South Sea Bubble was a great example of that, and people lost millions on it. Too many people have a touching faith in the internet that has never been earned.

Yep, true as can be...  But I was young in the 1960's. 😄

Oh sorry, you said Stone Age.

Message 26 of 41
latest reply

Well, from my end, I see at least 9 current listings. One of them I reported 3 days ago, but its still up even after eBay sent me this...

" Thanks again for reporting the problematic content you found. 

What happened:
We looked into your report and removed the content. It may take up to 24 hours for it to reflect on the site.  This determination was made by a customer service agent.

We let the content uploader know about this decision and the action taken. They may have the option to fix the content to make it visible again on site. They can also appeal our decision, and we'll review the case again and may reverse the original decision and action taken.

Thank you for being part of the eBay community.
Thanks,
eBay "

Either eBay is playing a losing game of "whack-a-mole", or AI hasn't yet "learned" how to identify them yet.

Message 27 of 41
latest reply

The tools for fund recovery are there, these buyers who feel defrauded must however avail themselves of said tools...

This is why I think eBay should get rid of feedback.

Too many defrauded or just unhappy buyers , turn to feedback when the transaction goes sour.

Feedback is easy to find.

The Money Back Guarantee is harder.

And I say this as one who sells and rarely buys here.

Message 28 of 41
latest reply

INAD WILL NOT

Message 29 of 41
latest reply

@pls-consignments 

Yes, we've seen a few of those where eBay is stating it's ok and they see no problem.  Then the listing gets shut down only to be relisted.  The one's that really need to be addressed are the photos, the posters, the raffle tickets and the sellers that claim that all the funds received for these shoes are going to the presidential campaign.  All violations... yet nothing is being done.  I alerted the community managers a few days ago and NONE have replied.  Disappointed. 

Message 30 of 41
latest reply