cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watching

Why are potential buyers able to keep watching our products on there e bay account for so long.This is not right.I have had people for a year straight watching some product that I am selling.I would think 2-4 months on there is plenty of time for these people to make a decision on product.Other sellers please help me get this problem fixed Thankyou  GatewayCary

Message 1 of 43
latest reply
42 REPLIES 42

Re: Watching

@gatewaycary wrote:

Why is this permitted we cannot tell if there are any new people interested in our products if the same ones are on there all the time.

If you send offers to watchers you will know there are new watchers when you’re permitted to send another offer on the same listing. eBay only lets you send offers once to each ID watching.

As others said, if it bothers you then customize your view and remove the watchers column.

There are real problems that need to be addressed on this site. People keeping items on their watch list is a non issue.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 31 of 43
latest reply

Hello, why would it bother you?   I am a buyer (only) and have previously purchased AFTER watching a listing for over 2 years!! There is, to my knowledge, no limit as to how long a seller can list a "dud" or unsaleable item.

Message 32 of 43
latest reply

There is a foolproof way to get rid of watchers - end and relist your item.  

Message 33 of 43
latest reply

@gatewaycary wrote:

If I have things that have not sold it is your fault for giving product away so the rest of cannot make a profit

You are kidding us with this post, right?

-

Message 34 of 43
latest reply

@powell-memorabilia wrote:

There is a foolproof way to get rid of watchers - end and relist your item.  

Actually no, eBay does alert watchers when a previously ended item is relisted. I got one just a couple of weeks ago. 

The message subject is "(1) Relisted item: [Listing title here]," and the text reads simply "Everyone deserves a second chance!" A listing photo and a link to jump you to the item are also provided.

Message 35 of 43
latest reply

@gatewaycary wrote:

If I have things that have not sold it is your fault for giving product away so the rest of cannot make a profit

Deflecting "blame" has never solved anything, including things that don't even need a solution. 

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 36 of 43
latest reply

@gatewaycary wrote:

Why is this permitted we cannot tell if there are any new people interested in our products if the same ones are on there all the time.If you have a lot of items for sale it is pretty hard to remember how long they have been on there.Unless you are using my sales items to benefit your self for another reason.Which makes this not right

How can you NOT tell? If you had 30 watchers and 2 weeks later you have 40 watchers- you have 10 new watchers.

Message 37 of 43
latest reply

How are you being harmed ?

Message 38 of 43
latest reply

@gatewaycary wrote:

I have had people for a year straight watching some product that I am selling.

Impossible.

You have no idea who is watching and for how long.

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 39 of 43
latest reply

I regularly send offers to watchers which often produces sales I might not otherwise get.  So, for me, and many other sellers as well, eliminating watchers would be a disadvantage.  The only fix needed would be to show my items to more potential buyers, to create more watchers and more sales.

Message 40 of 43
latest reply

@gatewaycary wrote:

I don't see anyone here selling the same junk as you so not sure how that affects you?

Message 41 of 43
latest reply

It's a sort of wish list especially if it's a big ticket.  I once watched something for nearly eighteen months before I finally bought it.

Message 42 of 43
latest reply

Oh, OK. Thanks for the correction!

Message 43 of 43
latest reply