cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watching

Why are potential buyers able to keep watching our products on there e bay account for so long.This is not right.I have had people for a year straight watching some product that I am selling.I would think 2-4 months on there is plenty of time for these people to make a decision on product.Other sellers please help me get this problem fixed Thankyou  GatewayCary

Message 1 of 43
latest reply
42 REPLIES 42

Re: Watching

I believe watchers now are only shown for the previous 30 days.

Message 2 of 43
latest reply

Watchers may not be interested in purchasing your item. It could be another seller watching to see if yours sells and for how much.

Message 3 of 43
latest reply

What problem does do watchers make for you? You’re not losing anything by having watchers. Watchers may not be able to purchase the item they are watching right now, or they are competitors watching your items to see how you sell them. 
Watchers show interest in your item whether they buy now or later. 
“Please help me get this problem fixed”  

What problems are you having with watchers? If you are bothered by them, the only thing you can do is end the listing that have watchers and relist.

Otherwise watchers are here to stay, we either have them, or not. 

Message 4 of 43
latest reply

How would this help you sell your item faster? 

Message 5 of 43
latest reply

I think your concern is misplaced.  

"Watchers" are, sort of, the eBay equivalent of kids who stare at a toy store window display for hours. 
They may seem like a nuisance to you, but they are harmless. 

If you sell the product, they might cry for a few minutes, and then learn their lesson:  ask Grandma to buy it for them right away. 

Message 6 of 43
latest reply

When a listing shows (without clicking) that an item as 30 watchers (which some do)- if anything, that might make a new buyer think

a.) I better hurry and buy before someone else does or

b.) The item is obviously quite interesting as it has many people watching it.

So, if anything- "watchers" are only GOOD. 

Message 7 of 43
latest reply

We might help...if we thought this was an actual problem.

Message 8 of 43
latest reply

@gatewaycary wrote:

Other sellers please help me get this problem fixed Thankyou  GatewayCary

@gatewaycary : How is this a problem? Please explain...

Message 9 of 43
latest reply

@kds99 wrote:

I believe watchers now are only shown for the previous 30 days.

That is "views". Watchers are forever, or until they stop watching  🙂

Message 10 of 43
latest reply

How are watchers harming your listings in any way?

Many of your watchers are expressing interest and may go on to buy later.

Message 11 of 43
latest reply

Hi @gatewaycary 

Members are allowed to set up their My eBay any way they want.  Nobody is entitled to tell anyone else how long to Watch an item.  It’s truly nobody else’s business.

Message 12 of 43
latest reply

Why is this permitted we cannot tell if there are any new people interested in our products if the same ones are on there all the time.If you have a lot of items for sale it is pretty hard to remember how long they have been on there.Unless you are using my sales items to benefit your self for another reason.Which makes this not right

Message 13 of 43
latest reply

Hi Supetstar I am sure you are using my sales watching my prices so you can low ball my pricing which hurts all here

Message 14 of 43
latest reply

What's the difference?

Some may be interested, some not just like Social Media.  I've a PC where I do all by social media, streaming stuff and have 1.2 Million Twitter followers and little over half that on my FB.  Lots of watchers, some are doer's and most just waiting for me to put something out that they can put in their teeth.  I've even Abrams, Cuomo, Megan Kelly and others that follow and may even interact a handful of times per year.  Should I just do away with them because they watch?

Message 15 of 43
latest reply