cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WHY DOES EBAY NEVER HAVE SELLERS BACKS!??

I sold a coin and to protect the coin I took it off the glued piece of paper and put coin in a box. I messaged buyer stating I did this as soon as I shipped. No Response. A WEEK after delivery buyer first complains he paid too much and that item wasnt as described. I let ebay know and they kept saying "were on your side, you did nothing wrong etc etc". Today they said "oh just return the item.....". Where is this we got your back rhetoric now?? Why cant buyer just relist item if they're so unhappy? And if guy had a legit reason, I'd agree to the return. I paid $50 extra to insure the package at no charge to the buyer. Thinking I was being a good person.... No one has a gun to these buyers heads when they bid...  ALSO listing has NO Return Policy..... The fees and none seller support have become a joke here. 

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Re: WHY DOES EBAY NEVER HAVE SELLERS BACKS!??

@worldcoinauctions wrote:

I would have filed a SNAD complaint.

You mean INAD? (item not as described)

What is an SNAD?  Seller not as described?  lol  Not sure if that is a requirement.  😛

Gator08041971  •  Volunteer Community Mentor 2024
Member of eBay since 2000

Message 16 of 22
latest reply

@gator08041971 wrote:

What is an SNAD?  Seller not as described?  lol  Not sure if that is a requirement.  😛

That's an older acronym. SNAD = Significantly NAD

There used to be a higher level of NAD required for an item to be considered NAD. 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 17 of 22
latest reply

@maksi_3765 

Please clarify. 

You state: "buyer first complains he paid too much"

Then you state (in same sentence): "item wasnt as described."

What is the claim/reason for return that the buyer chose? 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 18 of 22
latest reply

The return policies options are as follows.

1. No Returns
  2. 30 day returns w/ buyer pays shipping
  3. 60 day returns w/ buyer pays shipping
  4. 30 day returns w/ seller pays shipping, AKA Free Returns
  5. 60 day returns w/ seller pays shipping. AKA Free Returns
  6. 14 Day returns in certain categories

With option number 1, No Returns the seller can completely deny taking a return for a Buyer's Remorse Return Request.  Or if they want to they can accept the return and have the buyer pay the return shipping.  If the seller so chooses they can withhold the original shipping if it was separately stated on the listing [not free shipping] when it is time to refund the buyer.

On options 2 & 3 the buyer is responsible for the return shipping on a Buyer's Remorse Return.  Plus if the seller so chooses they can withhold the original shipping if it was separately stated on the listing [not free shipping] when it is time to refund the buyer. As of October 1st 2019, sellers that are TRS have some additional protections as well as they can issue partial refunds if they options 2 or 3 as their return policy.

On options 4 & 5 above, they are also known as Free Returns.  If a seller that has either of those policies they will pay the return shipping even on a buyer's remorse return.  A seller can withhold the original shipping value from the refund if the shipping was separately stated in the listing [not free shipping].  Also Seller’s offering options 4 or 5 have the ability to do partial refunds in certain cases if the item arrives back damaged, missing something or in a condition less than what it was sent to the buyer in, see the policy for more details, the link is below.  In the cases where a deduction in the refund is taken due to damage or other authorized reasons for a partial refund, Ebay will protect the seller from negative or neutral feedback.

ALL OPTIONS [1, 2, 3, 4 and 5] are required to process SNAD claims without exception.  Even if they are improperly filed and should have been a Buyer’s Remorse claim.

All return policies by sellers must meet or exceed what is stated in the Money Back Guarantee Policy!

14 day return policies are allowed in certain categories: Jewelry & Watches, Collectibles & Art, Cameras & Photo and Medical, Mobility & Disability Equipment.

For those with Free Return and/or TRS members with 30 day return policies, there are some added protection benefits, one of which is the ability to do a discounted refund under certain conditions.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 19 of 22
latest reply

@gator08041971 wrote:

Significantly Not As Described.

Sellers who state SNAD are showing their age, not sure when it was changed to INAD but it has been some years.

Message 20 of 22
latest reply

Probably during the divorce with PayPal. The PayPal system is still SNAD for buyers who do PayPal chargebacks.

Message 21 of 22
latest reply

@robbie31415 wrote:

Probably during the divorce with PayPal. The PayPal system is still SNAD for buyers who do PayPal chargebacks.

No, it had nothing to do with the spin off of PayPal.  

FYI  A SNAD in PP is typically a claim filed in PP because they paid with money they had in PP.  

A Chargeback is a claim filed directly with the buyer's funding source, either a Credit Card or a Debit card.  Not sure that the CCC would call it a SNAD as there are many reasons why a buyer may go this direction in filing a claim.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 22 of 22
latest reply