cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The number of Watchers I have.

I counted all of my Watchers on items I am selling. Ebay  states that there is half that many. Any ideas why the difference? Thanks. DianaC6756

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: The number of Watchers I have.

You have no way of counting the number of watchers EXCEPT what ebay tells you. Not sure what you are talking about. 

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

You only have as many watchers as shown in your listings.   Your count should be the same as ebays.   If watchers were buyers we'd all be rich.

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

Most watchers are not buyers, so really don't mean anything. The number of times the listing has been viewed is a different thing. Just because someone looked at it, does not mean they saved it to their watch list. You could have 20 people that opened and looked, but maybe only 5 saved to their watch list.

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

The numbers of watchers are the the number of listings that have watchers, not all of the watchers added together. I had 55 watchers on one item yesterday and after it sold the number of watchers went down by one.

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

@glenvonnie wrote:

The numbers of watchers are the the number of listings that have watchers, not all of the watchers added together. I had 55 watchers on one item yesterday and after it sold the number of watchers went down by one.

If true, then it needs to be renamed.

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

It  you have 1 item for sale and have 6 ppl watching. You have 1 watcher.  They count items watched not individual watchers

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

I currently have zero view on all of my items, but I have watchers.  Geesh.  How do those tricky people watch my items without viewing them?  Another eBay glitz.  My sales have been dead for 2 months now.  No wonder with zero views..........

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

I clean out (delete/remove) my 'watched' items once an item sells or it ends and is not relisted. Therefore, the 'count' for 'watchers' would decrease after the item is sold.

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

Number of items with watchers ?, Yes, plus total number of watchers, that would let us see trends.

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

this is true info!  For over 10 years I amused myself by using pen & paper to mark how many watchers I had for my stuff.  Then eBay made a bunch of recent changes & they include number of listings with watchers. Took me a while to figure out-no, don't panic!    Some items may get 10+ watchers while most get just the one.  So before their "help" my total watchers may have been 65. After it's down to 21.  But that's just total listings-not actual bodies!

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

You can choose to "Watch" an item without ever going to the listing. There is an option to do so from a list of items that you are looking at.

"Those who enter the arena unarmed or unprepared are quickly dispatched."
Message 12 of 15
latest reply

I do that all the time if it is something I want to come back later look at, so I don't so I don't have to find it again.

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

So true

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 15 of 15
latest reply