cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales history of a listing

I just noticed that I’m unable to click the “sold” number link of a fixed price listing all of a sudden. That number next to the quantity available. It’s supposed to take me to a page showing the detailed sales history of that listing with quantity, time, and sometimes price of each sale. It doesn’t seem to be a link at all now.

Is this a glitch or something that eBay is deciding to remove? It’s the quickest way I can find out how often and we’ll a listing of mine is selling.

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: Sales history of a listing

@krazzykats wrote:

This is is sitewide issue that has an open ticket to be fixed under ALERT14495.

I just spoke with eBay for Business on Facebook, and they confirmed this ticket exists.  BUT, they told me: "our IT team did send us an update through that ALERT on this yesterday.  The site is working as designed at this point.  It is not a tech issue.  We are encouraging sellers to use Terapeak to do research on competitor's sold inventory."

Unfortunately, Terapeak doesn't let you see how many items were purchased in each sale, and doesn't let you see dates.  This information can be very important to sellers, especially when trying to figure out on a potential new product how often people buy multiples and you'd save yourself on free shipping.

Anyone else who cares about this change, I'd recommend you reach out to eBay in some way and let your voice be heard that you want it changed back!

Message 16 of 25
latest reply

I want it back. The lack of foresight on this change planned or not eliminates an important sales metric on market research. eBay should know better. Quantity sold within a given time period is important to understand for market demand. In retail this is called TURNS. How much product and how fast it moved in a measured period of time.  The key is the PERIOD OF TIME. Hundreds of that item could have sold but months or years ago demonstrating waning demand metrics that can deter cost effectiveness of competing with that product.  A very important data point so eBay does not get cluttered with more doodads that do not sell. And sellers do not buy useless inventory on dead items.  Put it back eBay.  

Message 17 of 25
latest reply

This works every time until they decide to purposely break it too:

Bookmark "https://www.ebay.com/bin/purchaseHistory?item="

Then put any item number with a history of sales at the end. It comes up in the same way you used to be able to click "sold".

Message 18 of 25
latest reply

Thanks. I should have thought of that.

Message 19 of 25
latest reply

Why does seemingly EVERY change this company makes negatively impact the sellers. For real, it just gets worse and worse. I have a whole list of complaints at this point.  That link did not work for me today.

Message 20 of 25
latest reply

I have the same problem. And I found some active listings "sold quantity" become "0" although the item has sold out some. If I end the listing, then the actual number under column "sold quantity" is showing.

Message 21 of 25
latest reply

@sumsum70 wrote:

This works every time until they decide to purposely break it too:

Bookmark "https://www.ebay.com/bin/purchaseHistory?item="

Then put any item number with a history of sales at the end. It comes up in the same way you used to be able to click "sold".

@sumsum70 

@iamalwaysright 

There appears to be a total effort to completely remove anything directly or indirectly related/connected to historical data by eBay. It's been going on for several years. To say "that it's working how it's supposed to work" is just double speak. From a seller/buyers perspective these are definitely not improvements.

-Lotzofuniquegoodies

Message 22 of 25
latest reply

Thanks for the work around.  Although..... for something that was a mere click..... now requires a significant amount of effort.  This is a real bummer as I used that link ALL THE TIME... both as a seller and buyer.

I understand why eBay may have wanted to remove this link from our pages...... I suspect they think it will allow their sellers to press pricing up and not allow buyers to easily see this. On the other hand..... I use it as a buyer ALL the time to see it the sales history has been consistent and that the current price is actually what others have been paying.  IN OTHER WORD....... it's a confidence building tool and as we all know...... the #1 thing we all need to do is build confidence in the buyer if we wish to make sales.  it's not always about the lowest price.

Message 23 of 25
latest reply

AMEN  "eBay" put it back this is a very useful tool

Message 24 of 25
latest reply

you are doing very good to speak to anyone?? "working as designed" i don't think so... with that feature missing that number could be bogus? it could be sales from 2 yrs ago "it is a tool with many purposes including trustworthiness no different than my TRS badge not being present on my listings it kind of makes a buyer wonder why?? maybe you agree? i would definitely tell eBay if i knew how??

Message 25 of 25
latest reply