cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales history of a listing

I just noticed that I’m unable to click the “sold” number link of a fixed price listing all of a sudden. That number next to the quantity available. It’s supposed to take me to a page showing the detailed sales history of that listing with quantity, time, and sometimes price of each sale. It doesn’t seem to be a link at all now.

Is this a glitch or something that eBay is deciding to remove? It’s the quickest way I can find out how often and we’ll a listing of mine is selling.

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I'm seeing it at the top of the page....

slippinjimmy_0-1677621710368.png

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Very observant of you. 

Mine is like that too.

It looks like that change may have been deliberate.

They moved that feature down to the bottom of the page.

It now shows you feedback for that specific item.

I like the old way better.

Strange Way - Firefall
Message 2 of 25
latest reply

i noticed that too!

its making business difficult for me.

you mentioned the feature is at the bottom, i don't see that feature (link to click for sales history) anywhere on the page.

let me know where to find that, thanks!

Message 3 of 25
latest reply

@product_vault wrote:

i noticed that too!

its making business difficult for me.

you mentioned the feature is at the bottom, i don't see that feature (link to click for sales history) anywhere on the page.

@inhawaii I’m not able to find it neither. Can you show a screenshot? However, I am able to pull up the direct URL to that page and it still exists. I can replace the item ID in that URL to change to its respective sales history page. But doing that all the time is super annoying.

Message 4 of 25
latest reply

I'm seeing it at the top of the page....

slippinjimmy_0-1677621710368.png

Message 5 of 25
latest reply

@product_vault wrote:

It's not really sales history.

It's at the very bottom of the page when you look at the listing.

I guess it would have to be an item that has sales history.

It shows you feedback for THAT ITEM.

Screen Shot 2023-02-28 at 11.59.56 AM.png

Strange Way - Firefall
Message 6 of 25
latest reply

Thanks. For some reason not all of my listings behave that way. Some sho only seller feedback for that listing, other listings show seller feedback for various different listings. Weird.

Regardless, @slippinjimmy link works. I wonder why they decided to even make that change. Twiddling their thumbs with nothing to do I guess.

Message 7 of 25
latest reply

@iamalwaysright wrote:

Thanks. For some reason not all of my listings behave that way. Some sho only seller feedback for that listing, other listings show seller feedback for various different listings. Weird.

Probably depends how long ago the most recent FB for that item was left. If it was beyond a certain date they may default to show all FB instead of item FB.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 8 of 25
latest reply

I can think about ONE good thing about not being able to click on the number sold.

If you happened to have raised the price on that item,

customers can no longer see that others before him/her paid less.

But I still like the old way better.

Strange Way - Firefall
Message 9 of 25
latest reply

I ended a listing just today for that reason.............................  previous sold price difference.

I'm sure a buyer can still find that it changed, but I don't like to throw it up in their face that easily.

Message 10 of 25
latest reply

@inhawaii wrote:

I can think about ONE good thing about not being able to click on the number sold.

If you happened to have raised the price on that item,

customers can no longer see that others before him/her paid less.

But I still like the old way better.

Another benefit was that if that item is something I can potentially sell, I can see how often it has sold for that seller. And as you said, the prices it sold at. Both help me determine if an item is worthy of trying to sell.

At least for now I’m able to use the URL trick to see that page for a seller’s listing.

Message 11 of 25
latest reply

This is is sitewide issue that has an open ticket to be fixed under ALERT14495.

KrazzyKats
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 12 of 25
latest reply

@krazzykats wrote:

@krazzykats did you get that ticker from support?

devon@ebay can you confirm if this is a technical issue or an intentional change please? If a tech issue and that is the correct ticket, can you get that added to the ongoing tech issues post as well?

Message 13 of 25
latest reply

@valueaddedresource wrote:

@krazzykats wrote:

@krazzykats did you get that ticker from support?

devon@ebay can you confirm if this is a technical issue or an intentional change please? If a tech issue and that is the correct ticket, can you get that added to the ongoing tech issues post as well?

In working on a project for another seller I discovered we can no longer see non-paying history of an item along with offers we sent to buyers on a random basis. If they counter offer that history is gone. (These buyers can return at a later date to cause the same problems all over again.) Sadly these changes are way too much of eBay continuously hiding important history a seller needs for day to day business. It would be very nice to know if these observations are glitches or entirely intentional(permanent)? All I know is they are mostly annoying and does not make a sellers job any easier.

-Lotzofuniquegoodies

Message 14 of 25
latest reply

Yes, and no.  There is a list of open tickets under the technical support board from the community team.

It lists all current issues and this is one of them.

Ongoing technical issues - updated as of 02/28/23 - The eBay Community

KrazzyKats
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 15 of 25
latest reply