cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My sales went up 75% in the last 31 days (same product). This is what I did:

I have been selling on eBay for over 4.5 years and thought eBay had died for good. I am shocked that my sales for the same product have gone up 75% in the last 31 days compared to the same period prior months. This is what I've been doing differently:

- I stopped promoting my listings. I think it was doing more harm than good.

- I reset my Buy 4, get 2 free coupon every day.

- I swap out the key words in my titles every day.

I know some of you will laugh at me, but perhaps some of you may find this post interesting or even helpful. I would like to hear your thoughts if you can express them in a kind and respectful way.

Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

are we talking about the 4 sales for 9.99 with free shipping? If so, I'd have to see a bigger test sample.

Message 2 of 26
latest reply

That's terrific! It wouldn't help a shop like mine, though. And honestly, I haven't been paying attention to it lately, but I also know from my Etsy shops...one is a high selling shops with almost 5,000 sales in a little over 4 years with vintage just like I have here, that I set a new sale every day. I had a whole lot of favorites, both on my shop, and on items, so when I set a sale, that news went out to all those who had favorited my shop. I also used to list every single day, and that brought sales. When I don't list, which I haven't done a whole lot of since the first of the year...but when I do, I sell...this is on etsy. I haven't had enough traffic on ebay to even mess with this method. But with your products, this is a great way to get noticed and get those sales built up. And I'm not sure if ebay is the same as Etsy on this one...but there having a sale, even on a ooak item, it helps you in search. I might try a buy so much get so much off thing on here. I made a promise to myself that I would list every day for the entire summer. Well, that is if I have enough time after watching my usual dozen youtube videos...I'm hooked on the Abandoned Castle and Mansion stuff...wow. but good luck, I hope you keep raising your sales. 

Message 3 of 26
latest reply

Unless you are selling on more than one account I would have to agree collectfest that the 4 items you have sold since 7 May (actually is  only 5 days) and would be a 400% increase over the 0 you sold in the previous 85 days. 

Given you only have the one product line listed any increase in sales these days is doing good. 

Message 4 of 26
latest reply

@collectfest  Each of my four listings offers 155 variations, and each of the four listings is posted in two categories. 

Message 5 of 26
latest reply

@dbfolks166mt Each of my four listings offers 155 variations, and each of the four listings is posted in two categories. Where are you getting the date May 7th from? I am comparing the past 31 days to the same period prior. And where are you getting 0 sold in 85 days? I sell items daily.

Message 6 of 26
latest reply

@noconsultantneeded wrote:

@collectfest  Each of my four listings offers 155 variations, and each of the four listings is posted in two categories. 

nice job.....that is really quite a bump with that many sales recorded for the variations (looks like around 1100 total sold)

i use variations a bit...and they do seem "cyclical" at times.....

Message 7 of 26
latest reply

@dbfolks166mt Each of my four listings offers 155 variations, and each of the four listings is posted in two categories. Where are you getting the date May 7th from? I am comparing the past 31 days to the same period prior. And where are you getting 0 sold in 85 days? I sell items daily.

I got the dates and list of sales from the sold view on your listings which shows sales in the last 90 days. 

dbfolks166mt_0-1683916835402.png

dbfolks166mt_1-1683916863685.png

Message 8 of 26
latest reply

Well I would have to think the vast majority of your sales are organic considering you can buy the same size 10ml bottle from the P&J Trading site for $4.99 - looks like shipping is $1.50 for as many as you want to buy -  Walmart and Etsy also have them for $4.99 and who know how many other sellers, so I wouldn't think you do well with people performing google searches.

Since you only have 4 listings to revise, then it seems like doing it on a daily basis is fine - Though for people who have hundreds of listing with low margins like your items, the time involved in daily adjustments would surely not be cost effective...

Message 9 of 26
latest reply

@monica-sells These are relistings, so I've actually sold far beyond 1100.

Message 10 of 26
latest reply

@dbfolks166mt These are relistings.

Message 11 of 26
latest reply

@dbfolks166mt 

It doesn't work that way with variations...

In my case, the "sold" listing only shows up on my "sold" column when the listing renews....

I could sell 20 of the same item, and it does not show up in the other items ----> sold 20 times...it only shows when the auto-relist happens (or if I make a change/revision to the listing)

Message 12 of 26
latest reply

@dbfolks166mt These are relistings.

It must have something to do with the way eBay shows the relisting items when they are moved over to the sold view where it just lumps all the sales under the one listing rather than showing individual. Apologies for the error. 

Message 13 of 26
latest reply

@noconsultantneeded   Great news!

So happy to hear a seller making sales!

Thanx for letting us know how u did it.

Message 14 of 26
latest reply

@dbfolks166mt When a listing is not doing well, I delete it and relist it, starting back at 0 sold. The calculations on variation listings is also inaccurate and always displays a lesser number than actually sold.

Message 15 of 26
latest reply