cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiving Western Union Error Message When Trying To List

Hello Everyone. 20+ year seller here with a listing problem. Since yesterday we are having 2 listing issues. 1. We are receiving an error message saying that we are not allowed to accept Western Union. 2. It will not accept any of our images stating the size in under 500 px which they are not. Is anyone else having the same listing problems.

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

The bots that look for forbidden terns are very literal.  I have seen a listing for a postcard blocked because the Description mentioned that the image showed a Western Union office. And IIRC a model train lot was blocked because one train line had "Western" in its name and another had "Union."

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

Thank You for the reply however it is happening with all new listings except relists.

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

The following payment methods are not allowed:

• Sending cash through the mail
  • Point-to-point cash transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram

Source -

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/payment-policies/accepted-payments-policy?id=4269

"I have the right to remain silent but I didn't have the ability." Ron White, Fritch, Texas
"Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution." A. Einstein
The Devil made me do it! - Flip Wilson
If the band can only play loud - they ain't no good - peps too J.R. Johnson
Message 4 of 17
latest reply

You haven't been allowed to accept Western Union since Managed Payments took over. 

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

Thank You. After 20+ years on Ebay we know this. We are receiving an error message when trying to list a new item.

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

Thank You. After 20+ years on Ebay we know this. We are receiving an error message when trying to list a new item, however not on relists.

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

@stainlessenginecovers wrote:

You haven't been allowed to accept Western Union since Managed Payments took over. 

Western Union payments have not been allowed since 2006, same time that PayPal became a required payment method.

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

Thank You but you really need to read the post .

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

I thought you might be listing items where the words Union or Western might appear, so I pulled up your listings to look.  Then I learned something new—hidden images are no longer  hidden if you click on a seller’s store.😁😜

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

You hit it on the mark. Western Union was in the song track listing. Thank You.

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

@g-s-i wrote:

Thank You but you really need to read the post .

I read and quoted the post I was replying to.

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

One of my back issues of RAILROAD MAGAZINE featured an article, written by a 1940s Western Union employee, which I had included in my title listing.  I received the same message from eBay that you have received -- even though I was not advising Western Union as a payment method.

I re-worded my title listing -- removing the term "Western Union" -- and my listing was accepted.

Very literal eBay bots -- and very ignorant.

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

hay!

Give it a day or two and try again. I had a similar issue with a loco.  i put it back in the box and rewrote the whole thing. it worked normally the second time.  

My two cents.

Just my Two Cents...
Thank you for being here!
Penny
Message 14 of 17
latest reply

Thanks, that was it - selling book that had a stock chart of Western Union and it was listed in the description, all good now!

Message 15 of 17
latest reply