cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Per eBay's policy, this return has been automatically approved and we've asked the buyer to ?????

MY ACCOUNT HAS NEVER BEEN SET TO AUTO ACCEPT 'ANY' RETURNS' NOW THIS MORNING EBAY ACCEPTED ONE:

Per eBay's policy, this return has been automatically approved and we've asked the buyer to send the item back

WHAT IS THIS **bleep**????

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Per eBay's policy, this return has been automatically approved and we've asked the buyer to ????

THIS IS ALL JUST ANOTHER NAIL IN EBAYS COFFIN - AND THE SELLERS ARE JUST FOOT SOLDIERS IN THEIR WAR AGAINST AMAZION, AND AS WITH MANY FOOT SOLDIERS WERE EXPENDABLE.  i WILL NOT ACCEPT RETURNS UNDER THESE CIRCUMSTANCES.  AND I WILL FIGHT ANY UNFAIR ACT AGAINST THE SELLER. 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 11 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: Per eBay's policy, this return has been automatically approved and we've asked the buyer to ????

you have a 14 days return policy on the sold items I checked.........

Message 2 of 19
latest reply

anD?

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

It was announced the Fall Seller Update:

https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/seller-updates/2017-fall/returns.html

(bottom of the page)

Wanna get out of it?  Require an RMA

- Suzanne -
Message 4 of 19
latest reply

I also have a 14 day return policy with buyer paying the shipping.  But because buyer used a bogus SNAD (in my opinion) I have to pay the return shipping which Ebay is charging me 10.68 and I only paid 6.80 when I shipped it with free shipping.  Seems buyers have more rights than the sellers.

Message 5 of 19
latest reply

i DONT SEE ANYTHING ABOUT 14 DAY RETURNS THERE!   AM i NOW BEING FORCED TO ACCEPT RETURN, NO MATTER WHAT????

Message 6 of 19
latest reply

Your post was about auto-accepting return.  That's where the link is relevant.

You don't have to have a return policy, but if you do and it's buyer pays return shipping., it can be automatically accepted.

I looked at several of your items.  I see a 14 day return policy.

- Suzanne -
Message 7 of 19
latest reply

Sorry for the confusion, I was only pointing out you seemed to have a return policy, as opposed to NO return.......so this would apply (from the above link)

Beginning in October 2017, returns requests may automatically be accepted to make the returns process easier for you and your buyers. eBay will automatically accept a return request and provide a return shipping label to the buyer when the buyer pays for return shipping.

If you have free shipping or YOU have to pay for return label....the following applies.

If you offer free returns or if you’re required to pay for the return shipping label, automatic acceptance will only occur if you have not replied to the buyer return request within three business days.

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

I FIXED THE RETURN ISSUE - I NO LONGER ACCEPT THEM, NOW WILL EBAY KEEP 'ACCEPTING' THEM FOR ME IN THE FUTURE??????

Message 9 of 19
latest reply

I DONT UNDERSTAND WHY 14 DAY RETURN STILL SHOWS UP AS AN OPTION WHEN I LIST AN ITEM IF ITS NO LONGER SUPPORTED!!!    ITS BULL**bleep**

Message 10 of 19
latest reply

THIS IS ALL JUST ANOTHER NAIL IN EBAYS COFFIN - AND THE SELLERS ARE JUST FOOT SOLDIERS IN THEIR WAR AGAINST AMAZION, AND AS WITH MANY FOOT SOLDIERS WERE EXPENDABLE.  i WILL NOT ACCEPT RETURNS UNDER THESE CIRCUMSTANCES.  AND I WILL FIGHT ANY UNFAIR ACT AGAINST THE SELLER. 

Message 11 of 19
latest reply

@dhbookds

Hi, I believe for remorse returns, ebay will notify me a return by the buyer has been requested and I have the option to accept or reject. And on my Summary page, eBay has in blue the option for me to set up automatic or not. I don't have any autos set up in my preferences. So, does this mean I don't get the chance on an auto remorse to tell the buyer they can keep the item and all I would do is refund the item price?

My other concern is the poster saying eBay created ship label which is over 2.00 more than what the initial shipping entailed. I know eBay has stated the ship label would be the same price as what was initially sent out.

I ain't got the brains to make this up (Fantastic Beasts)
Message 12 of 19
latest reply

Sorry, add to my previous post re: SNAD and shipping label: seller had to pay $4.00 more for ship label than the original  ship label. Sorry, math dyslexic lolol.

I ain't got the brains to make this up (Fantastic Beasts)
Message 13 of 19
latest reply

@abfabvintage wrote:

@dhbookds

Hi, I believe for remorse returns, ebay will notify me a return by the buyer has been requested and I have the option to accept or reject. And on my Summary page, eBay has in blue the option for me to set up automatic or not. I don't have any autos set up in my preferences. So, does this mean I don't get the chance on an auto remorse to tell the buyer they can keep the item and all I would do is refund the item price?

My other concern is the poster saying eBay created ship label which is over 2.00 more than what the initial shipping entailed. I know eBay has stated the ship label would be the same price as what was initially sent out.

I've had auto returns for some time, so cannot speak from experience.......  The way I read that policy is that Ebay will do an auto IF the buyer requests and pays for the return, which Ebay will bill them for....  that's the scenerio the original poster seemed to present.  That would seemed to be a "remorse" claim, tho it's not defined as such.  Frankly, I don't know where/how, letting a buyer keep the items comes into play on this one. 

If a seller has to pay for the return.......they must accept or reply to the return within 3 days.  In that case you do have the right to let the buyer keep the item within the acceptance , at least on screenshots that I've seen.

I've had about 4 returns in the 2+ years I've had auto returns and never been charged more than I've paid to ship and not seen but several complaints to the contrary.  I could see it possibly if the seller is mega and has special deal with someother shipping entity, and ebay issues a USPS label or perhaps a seller has different return address (different zone)........but those would probably be pretty rare........  So no absolute reassurance.....

The other possibility I could see is if seller used media mail illegally and ebay used priority for the return.......

Message 14 of 19
latest reply

I had an automatic return last month. I take returns. The wrinkle with the automatic was I had just moved and changed my ship from address but forgot to change my return address. The package went to another state. Refunded the buyer and called my old post office, they found the package and agreed to ship it to my new address postage due. Never happened. Probably went back to buyer even though I spoke to the same guy at the PO twice. My fault I know but just another ebay $$ negative added to the steaming pile.

I don't get that many returns so it worked alot better for me before - when they let you know a return was requested and gave you a chance to check all of the information.  

Message 15 of 19
latest reply