Selling
Looking for something new to sell? Find out how to sell and connect with other members for advice.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

ASK ME ABOUT: Product Research (formerly known as Terapeak)

Hello Everyone, We're thrilled to announce the launch of our brand-new interactive series, which is set to take the place of our former "Monthly Chat with eBay Staff" program. This series is designed to bring you closer to the heart of eBay's operati...

E Buyer from China

Hi - I recently listed an item and clearly stated that I only ship to the coninental U.S. Person that bid is from China. Should I contact bidder and ask if she has a U.S. address. Bidder has 100% feedback. Thank you

Items that sell in less then 24 hours ~ Items that take years to sell

Whenever I sell something in the 1st 24 hours I know I priced it too low If an item sits for over a year I know I have it priced too high If your item is priced right it will sell, if it's not it won't. Almost everything is in demand by someone somew...

User avatar by Guide
  • 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

WARNING TO ALL EBAY SELLERS!!!!

As per a recent transaction of $999.99, we have learned the hard way, that the claims of MANY MANY PEOPLE saying "Ebay always sides with the buyer" or "Ebay supports scammers" in regards to their policies and all the loopholes, is TRUE. We recently s...

Resolved! USPS - Texas by way of Washington State???

Ugh. Just venting more than anything. Sent a package - same day as paid for - last Saturday. USPS Priority. Should have arrived for buyer by Tuesday according to post office when I shipped it. As of yesterday, still hadn't arrived. It seems the USPS ...

User avatar by Thrill-Seeker
  • 13 replies
  • 0 helpful

Correct wording order for an item title

What would be the optimum wording order and presentation for this item title for the search engines to find the listing? Do the commas effect the search engine? What should come first? The part number or the manufacturer? Any other insights? Panduit ...

User avatar by Guide
  • 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Excluded shipping locations - answers needed

1. If I already have selected, "No international shipping," do I need to still check the boxes in the "International" section of this page? I always check them to make sure, but it seems redundant. Yet someone in a different thread said it is still n...

Number sold

If an item with quantity>1 sells, and therefore remains an available item with auction page, will ebay always default to display the number sold, or that it sold, or is this not concrete and definite default?

Getting Tired of eBay Controlling My Sales Numbers, How About You?

I Just posted this statement before deciding it needed it's own thread. I know I'm not the only seller that is consonantly experiencing eBay holding back our sales numbers for some unknown reason. As a buyer I have also experienced how eBay blocks me...

Resolved! I have been threatened with a law suit for reselling items

Hi All, I was sent a stop order from Merck Millipore to cease selling items on ebay that were manufactured by them, or by Sigma Aldrich or by any of their related companies. Is this legal? They have told me I need a resale license from them. Please l...

Insertion fees promo.... credit for month of may

Okay this accounts billing cycle ends in the middle of the month on May the 15th... I received my my ebay invoice,and am being charged 30 cent insertion fees... I received the promo,that ebay sent out at the beginning of the month,then sent out an em...

User avatar by Rockstar
  • 18 replies
  • 1 helpful

If you sell on Ebay -- what's working for you?

I'm sitting back reading all these messages about slow sales and wondering, What's working?Do you use promoted listings? Does that work? Do you pay Google Shopping? Is that working? What makes your listings appear in searches?

User avatar by Guide
  • 33 replies
  • 0 helpful

As a seller, I accidentally had the wrong "ship from" zip code in my account when printing a label

I recently shipped an item with the wrong "shipping from" zip code in my account (an apartment I lived in 7 years ago -- I don't sell on eBay often obviously). I have since updated my "shipping from" address, but already dropped this item off at the ...

Does an Anchor Store boost visibility of products?

Over the last couple of years it has become apparent that eBay does a number of things to throttle sellers in certain situations and/or reduce/increase the visibility of an item to prospective customers. For example, we might have an item that sells ...

User avatar by Trailblazer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Large Package Must Ship Freight but who?

I have a package that is only 40 lbs but is 63 inches long and in total doesn't meet the specs for usp, fed ex or usps. I need to go freight. Any ideas how I can get this shipped fairly inexpensively for freight. The product is worth around 300 . I j...

PayPal funds withheld

On the last item I had sold for $158 in total and the funds were immediately available From what I've read I thought at a certain point they stop doing that to youSo I sold something yesterday because I needed cash and BAM I regretted that because I ...

Most Marked as Helpful Authors