cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paypal Alternatives

I am getting sick and tired of Paypal keep holding my money all the time, I have been a member of Ebay for over 14 years and bought and sold loads of stuff, for years the money was accessible straight away, but after I didn't sell anything for about a year because of illness they started to hold onto my money for anything up to 21 days, legal I am told but I think that is questionable, we need to get a class action together to sue Paypal for interest on the money they withhold.

But also I would like to know what alternative money transfer Ebay would be okay with, I am almost getting to the point of shutting down my Paypal account once the money I am owed is released and hope to find alternatives.

Anyone know of any ?

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Paypal Alternatives

You have to use Paypal until you are put in the Managed Payment program......no alternative.

That said, I would guess it is ebay holding up the payments.......I doubt that will change when you go into managed payments. 

Message 2 of 20
latest reply

Paypal Alternatives

@john1546 wrote:

I am getting sick and tired of Paypal keep holding my money all the time, I have been a member of Ebay for over 14 years and bought and sold loads of stuff, for years the money was accessible straight away, but after I didn't sell anything for about a year because of illness they started to hold onto my money for anything up to 21 days, legal I am told but I think that is questionable, we need to get a class action together to sue Paypal for interest on the money they withhold.

But also I would like to know what alternative money transfer Ebay would be okay with, I am almost getting to the point of shutting down my Paypal account once the money I am owed is released and hope to find alternatives.

Anyone know of any ?

@john1546   If you wish to keep selling on ebay then you'll have to keep using paypal to receive buyers payments until you are invitied to use managed payments.  The funds holds will still apply as they are requested by ebay and have nothing to do with paypal.

Your funds should released about 24 business hours after tracking that yoou upload to ebay shows delivery.  No tracking or the item is $1 thousand or over and the funds are held 21 days. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/selling/getting-paid/getting-paid-items-youve-sold/pending-payments?id=4...

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 3 of 20
latest reply

Paypal Alternatives

eBay is transitioning all sellers to their own in-house "Managed payments" system.  Sometime in 2021, nobody will be left taking PayPal.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Announcements/eBay-Begins-Managing-Payments/ba-p/29005555

Message 4 of 20
latest reply

Paypal Alternatives

It's probably on your end. I have been using paypal and a member of ebay since 2005, they have never held my money, not once

Message 5 of 20
latest reply

Paypal Alternatives

MP is rolling out for most sellers by the 2021.

"New seller" holds still apply in MP

Message 6 of 20
latest reply

Paypal Alternatives

The reason for the hold is something that you already know.  You left for years, and  are back again, something like a new seller.  PayPal isn't holding your money for fun - it is to prevent scam sellers.  I was on such a probationary period, but, once off, and you keep your nose clean, you won't have those holds.  

Regarding the laughable assertion that you'll be rounding up the posse for a class-action suit, call us from your yacht once you receive your $1MM settlement.  

Message 7 of 20
latest reply

Paypal Alternatives

Ebays holding it, they consider you a new seller, and want to make sure any refunds come out of your pocket..not theirs.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 8 of 20
latest reply

Paypal Alternatives

A little brushing up on procedures is in order here. Established sellers who haven’t sold for a period of time are sometimes subject to the payment holds. (It is an eBay policy, although there are certain conditions when PayPal will hold funds as well.) see link for more info:

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/getting-paid/getting-paid-items-youve-sold/pending-payments?id=415...

As for a class action, See PayPal’s User Agreement. If a legal dispute arises, arbitration settles it on an individual basis, taking the place of a class action lawsuit. Or as an alternative, a PP user can also seek legal satisfaction thru Small Claims Court if eligible.

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full?locale.x=en_US

Message 9 of 20
latest reply

Paypal Alternatives

You have your payments held in PP because you are a newer seller.  This is an Ebay policy.  So until you get a bit more experience on Ebay, they won't change this process of holding your payments for a certain amount of time.  It isn't PP's policy, it is Ebay's.

PP doesn't earn interest on held money.  They haven't for years.  They got in trouble for that a few years back, so that isn't something they do anymore.

Not everything is a lawsuit just because you don't like the policy.  

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/getting-paid/getting-paid-items-youve-sold/pending-payments?id=415...

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 10 of 20
latest reply

Paypal Alternatives

Ebay and Paypal are the same company...if yo want to buy or sell on ebay you have to go through paypal 

my advice is find an alternative to ebay , that's what i am doing.

Message 11 of 20
latest reply

Paypal Alternatives

@tacacc762 wrote:

Ebay and Paypal are the same company...if yo want to buy or sell on ebay you have to go through paypal 

my advice is find an alternative to ebay , that's what i am doing.

Ebay and Paypal split in 2015.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 12 of 20
latest reply

Paypal Alternatives

No they are not!!!! Paypal was spun off into a new publicly traded company on July 17th, 2015.

Message 13 of 20
latest reply

Paypal Alternatives

i think there are no alternatives

Message 14 of 20
latest reply

Paypal Alternatives

@john1546 

As a UK seller, you may get better advice on the UK boards

https://community.ebay.co.uk

Here is the UK help page about Funds Availability:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/selling/getting-paid/getting-paid-items-youve-sold/pending-payments?id=4...

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 15 of 20
latest reply