cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paypal Alternatives

I am getting sick and tired of Paypal keep holding my money all the time, I have been a member of Ebay for over 14 years and bought and sold loads of stuff, for years the money was accessible straight away, but after I didn't sell anything for about a year because of illness they started to hold onto my money for anything up to 21 days, legal I am told but I think that is questionable, we need to get a class action together to sue Paypal for interest on the money they withhold.

But also I would like to know what alternative money transfer Ebay would be okay with, I am almost getting to the point of shutting down my Paypal account once the money I am owed is released and hope to find alternatives.

Anyone know of any ?

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Paypal Alternatives

I've been using PayPal since a long time now and yes I have to agree that PayPal does get to your nerves at times and even takes days to resolve petty issues, I've been looking for PayPal alternatives since a long time and one day I bumped to this website where you can find everything about PayPal Alternatives, totally recommend you guys to go through it once.

Message 16 of 20
latest reply

Paypal Alternatives

No your answer is not correct.  Yes I just went thru the exact same run around with both eBay and Pay Pal.  Sold over $1200.00 of sales this past weekend, 1st this year.  Every single time a person paid, Pay Pal was told to Hold the funds.  For eBay to release those funds, the item had to be delivered and a Positive Feedback received.  Within 24 hours, eBay released that Hold!  Informed by Pay Pal funds now available and the moment I try to move the funds to my Bank Account, I got a notice from Pay Pal that the funds were under investigation and would be released in 24 to 72 hours.  As of yet, not a penny of MY MONEY has been posted to my Bank Account.  And what  really chaps my butt.  Pay Pal gets paid out of your funds before you.  No, here's what I will do after being a customer for years.  When all my funds have been put into my account where they belong, Pay Pal can kiss the big one.  You are punished because of what a few scabs have done by beating them out of their money.  So let the Managed Payment Program support them.  As I understand it, eBay is parting way w/anyway?

Message 17 of 20
latest reply

Paypal Alternatives

Then you have been lucky, or you run a business and sell thru eBay!  Don't make it sound like we are the ones in error.  No, the holds are just **bleep** and if they were doing you that way.  You would be yelling too.

Message 18 of 20
latest reply

Paypal Alternatives

@superstocktxx wrote:

It's probably on your end. I have been using paypal and a member of ebay since 2005, they have never held my money, not once

Ditto.  Been on eBay since '97 and started using PayPal the moment it was available (anyone remember eBay's "Billpoint"?) and I have never had a nickel held up.  I've always had access to my complete paypal stash.

On Managed Payments now, so far that's going smooth.

Message 19 of 20
latest reply

Paypal Alternatives

@john1546 wrote:

Anyone know of any ?

You are required to accept PayPal until such time as you are invited to join eBay's new Managed Payments. 

Once you join Managed Payments, you will not longer be allowed to accept PayPal. 

Your brief moment of elation will subside once  you discover that Managed Payment can hold you money too. 

Message 20 of 20
latest reply