cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment info needs to be posted BEFORE making offers!

I am tired of these buyers who offer an amount that I accept and then they never pay or they pay way late and you have to beg them to pay and meanwhile, my item is tied up in limbo and I cant sell it to someone else. Now is that any way to run things? I am sick of it. Does anyone else feel this way, or is it just me?

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: Payment info needs to be posted BEFORE making offers!

Have you read your two most recent seller updates? They both announce that eBay is slowly rolling out an "immediate payment required" feature for offers.

2022 Winter Seller Update 

2022 Spring Seller Update 

It's really in a seller's best interest to keep abreast of these seller updates.

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

eBay sends notices and as a seller you can set up your account to automatically give an UPI strike to the buyer and have the item relisted after 4 days.

Also eBay is working on having offers accepted from the buyer to have immediate payment.

I never send messages begging anyone for payment. 4 days and eBay notices is plenty.

klhmdg  •  Volunteer Community Mentor
Message 3 of 16
latest reply

No one likes non payers............that goes without saying..........  two ways to thwart them..........list everything as fixed price with immediate  payment required......

Secondly, a bit more trouble.........but if someone makes you an offer.........instead of accepting......decline it, but say you are lowering the price to their offer price for 8 hrs (length of time your choice).........be sure you have immediate payment required on the listing...............they can't "buy" unless they pay.........

Now if they don't buy..........you will need to go back and raise the price......but small time investment compared to waiting 4 days.....

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

@richards*rock*collection wrote:

I am tired of these buyers who offer an amount that I accept and then they never pay or they pay way late and you have to beg them to pay and meanwhile, my item is tied up in limbo and I cant sell it to someone else. Now is that any way to run things? I am sick of it. Does anyone else feel this way, or is it just me?

We don't send payment reminders, mostly, as e-Bay sends 1 every day, telling the Buyer to pay by X date or they lose the item.  Not a fan of e-Bay's wording.

We have ours set up to auto cancel after 4 days.

It is a hassle, but currently how things are set up.  Hopefully, soon, better parameters.

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 5 of 16
latest reply

Why would any experienced seller be begging buyers to pay?

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

I encountered a situation like that recently, and wrote this to the buyer:

This appears like you're haggling with someone else, and commingling that affair with this transaction you entered into here. (As it stands, you already declined an offer that was counter to your first offer, and after that, came your offer for the same amount as what you'd already declined.) I'm not exactly sure what you're doing here, but I will tell you this...this is disruptive to not only the sale of this item, but also my routine as a seller in general. I'm not even in my office right now. What's in my office, is the item you bought, and it is packed, ready to go, with the address given to me. One text message and it's out the door to that location... a cleared payment is all I'm waiting to see, for it to go out. I have an assistant that's been helping for years with postal matters; it's not possible for me to always be in one place every day, all during business hours.. (Obviously, I would prefer to send it to you, and then you do what you need to do).

The buyer wanted me, the seller, to be their own dropshipper,,,and on top of that, the drop shipment was never even confirmed before the offer I accepted, was sent to me. 

People are cheap.

Yeah...annoying.

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

I take offers on everything. I give five to seven days for payment, depending on my mood at the time.  I never send payment reminders, I figure why since Ebay already does it for me.

I get maybe one non-payer every two years.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 8 of 16
latest reply

From my buyer's account, I had to pre fill my payment for my offer to go thru.

The seller accepted and the payment was automatically paid from the pre filled payment method I created.

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

If the listing is a fixed price listing, one option is to simply edit the listing and lower the price. That way, your item is still available to all and you buyer has at least some incentive to act quickly. 

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

Ha ha . Nine replies and not one person even came close to truthfully answering, lol

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

Ha ha . Nine replies and not one person even came close to truthfully answering, lol

@richards*rock*collection 

Answering which? 1) "Now is that any way to run things?" -or- 2) "Does anyone else feel this way, or is it just me?"

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

Exactly what part of your question wasn't truthfully answered?

You are tired of begging buyers to pay? Why would you even do that?

As an experienced seller, we assumed you knew exactly what to do with nonpaying buyers and when to do it.

Several people agreed that they had similar feelings.

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

What's is late 3 days lol

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

But it has stopped offers dead in it's tracks, I guess that's why there are so many watchers now they are waiting for you to offer so they can counter offer.

Message 15 of 16
latest reply