cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLEASE MAKE SPECIAL OFFERS BUY IT NOW.

I WISH EBAY WOULD MAKE SPECIAL OFFERS "BUY IT NOW" MANY BUYERS DO NOT PAY AND YOUR ITEM IS HELD UP FOR DAYS.  I ONLY DO "BUY IT NOW" FOR REGULAR SALES. I DO NOT KNOW WHY "SPECIAL OFFER" GETS A PASS. 

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Not sure what you are referring to

Do you mean require immediate payment?  

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Hey there Wendy Lou Who (love the Grinch)!

Why are you YELLING at us this fine Saturday?

Sorry about your NPBs.  Add them to your BBL!

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 3 of 13
latest reply

@coastaltechsolution 

I'm thinking as you are... but who knows?

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

There has been discussion about how to handle this situation. Not sure where that stands.

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

@mtgraves7984 

Only the shadow knows 👻

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

@wendylouwho10 

eBay is presently working on requiring buyers to provide a payment source when making "offers".

Seems to be rolling out, or is in the "test" phase.

Your wish (and the wish of many other sellers) may soon come true.

It has been suggested that they need to do some fine tuning of the process, allowing sellers to "choose" if they want to "opt in" as it causes havoc when IPR is required when the potential buyer want to get other items from the same seller. Combined shipping becomes a problem.

--------------------------------------------------

1. Choose Make Offer.
  2. Enter your offer. If you like, you can add a message to the seller.
  3. Select Review offer.
  4. On the next page, you may be asked to confirm your payment and shipping information. Select Change if you need to add or edit your details.
  5. Select Send offer.

If you’ve added the item to your Watchlist, you can also select Make Best Offer next to the item in your Watchlist.

Tip
When you make an offer, you’re committing to buy the item if your offer is accepted. If you entered your payment method when making your offer, you may be charged if the seller accepts.

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

The part that I like is "confirming the shipping information" as some sneaks make offers, and then have a shipping location other than where they are located, to trick the seller into accepting only to  find much higher shipping costs are involved with the change made.

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

@wendylouwho10 wrote:

I WISH EBAY WOULD MAKE SPECIAL OFFERS "BUY IT NOW" MANY BUYERS DO NOT PAY AND YOUR ITEM IS HELD UP FOR DAYS.  I ONLY DO "BUY IT NOW" FOR REGULAR SALES. I DO NOT KNOW WHY "SPECIAL OFFER" GETS A PASS. 

Presently getting a "pass" as eBay does not have buyer funding source access to snag that money immediately when an offer is accepted.

Buyer makes an offer. A day, and a half later the seller accepts. The buyer is not sitting there poised at the keyboard waiting for the seller to accept, counter, decline, or ignore the offer.

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Yes. I send the offer. The buyer buys and then does not pay for days. My other items are "buy it now". 

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

I was just thinking this very thing today

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

EBay sends an invoice and then a reminder. On Day Four eBay automatically processes a Cancellation.

While this is not perfect by any means, it is two to four days faster than the recently changed Unpaid Item Dispute.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply