cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We asked for it........ Buyer auto pay

57 REPLIES 57

Wow.  Exactly what I want as a seller, but can see how as a Buyer, especially if you do want to combine with other items, this creates a whole different pickle!

WHY don't they just TELL us they are rolling this stuff out?  (not directed at you of course)

Great that it is here - now to work all the buggies out......

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 2 of 58
latest reply

..........yep........hack off a bunch of buyers in the 4th q may not be the smartest thing to do.....and, of course absolutely no warning to sellers.

I kind of wonder if there is a corollary........ if there is an counter offer from a seller, that they are willing to accept.......they get the popup.....to pay now or item remains available for other buyers to buy.......

Message 3 of 58
latest reply

Also wonder if sellers get notification that buyers have "approved" payment for this offer.....no waiting around for it to be paid.  That might put on a bit of pressure to accept the offer rather than trying to get the extra $2-3.....  "bird in hand".

I had 2 offers today......no new info on them.....one accepted my counteroffer and paid in a couple of hrs.

velvet@ebay 

can you get us any more info on this? 

Message 4 of 58
latest reply

Man, the people on that thread all mad because they want sellers to hold stuff for days, hold off on paying until they feel like it, etc. etc.  I've never sold on a site that's ever allowed the kind of latitude that eBay allows.  Having said that, they should make it a toggle for sellers to activate immediate payment on offers, just as they do for immediate payment required for initial sales.  That might make it an easier transition.

Also a bundle feature similar to Poshmark - the items would still be available for purchase by others, but the seller would be able to accept payment for the bundle with combined shipping.  No delay that way.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 5 of 58
latest reply

Hey all. confirming there is a currently a test running (enabled for some buyers) where their payment method will be automatically charged when the seller accepts the offer or when the auto accept price on the offer is met.

When making an offer these buyers (who are in the test) are prompted with a payment screen where they can choose from existing payment methods or add a new payment method and also edit/add shipping address. Should the offer be accepted by the seller, buyer will be automatically charged.

At this point as a seller there is no notification built yet to indicate the if the payment will be immediate or not. 

Hope this helps clarify few questions you may have had with this new flow.

I would be browsing this forum and would like to help with any questions you may have on this flow or Best Offers in general. Open to any suggestions and improvements on the flow from both seller and buyer perspective.

Message 6 of 58
latest reply

sandhya@ebay 

What kind of feedback are you getting from the test buyers about not being able to take advantage of combined shipping (if available) from sellers by virtue of having to pay for items with offers immediately?

Message 7 of 58
latest reply

Does that payment screen also let the buyer choose the shipping method if the seller offers multiple shipping options?

Message 8 of 58
latest reply

sandhya@ebay 

I would hope Ebay would provide an opt out for sellers.......there are those who routinely handle multiple offers with combined shipping via an invoice.  If there is not an opt out for them, they will not only have to refund overpayment of shipping, but pay the 30c transaction fee on each sold item.  Could mount up. 

Message 9 of 58
latest reply

sandhya@ebay ,

I don't have any payment method on eBay, which eBay can access without my participation. I always use PayPal, and I have to enter my password on PayPal to complete the payment.

Will I be blocked from making offers with this new offer workflow?

Message 10 of 58
latest reply

Hi, Sandy:

I'm one of these 'lucky' buyers that can no longer request combined shipping. I have a perfect rating as both a seller and a buyer so why am I being punished? All this has done is disincentivize (not sure if that's a word, but I think you'll know what I mean) me to shop on ebay. 

Message 11 of 58
latest reply

Sellers have been here complaining for YEARS for Ebay to roll out an auto pay for buyers and now no one wants it . OK

Message 12 of 58
latest reply

@coolections , sellers have wanted it yes.

But, nobody thought about how this would negatively impact buyers, and that can only have a negative impact on sellers.

I don't think this was very well thought through. This implementation isn't very good. It will probably mean that sellers get fewer offers.

I always pay for offers as soon as I can after they have been accepted, but if I have to let eBay charge me without my participation, then I'm not going to make the offer at all, so I wouldn't make the purchase.

Message 13 of 58
latest reply

Thanks for reaching out @ . Valid question and let me add more to this. The buyer who is in this test segment when they are presented with the payment screen there is a link on there to provide feedback on the new experience. The team is constantly reviewing these feedback and this will be used to share the product into a  better product.
sandhyaebay_0-1635613322136.png

Message 14 of 58
latest reply

@readabouthorses  Yes, the payment screen has an option to pick the delivery option

sandhyaebay_1-1635615279602.png

sandhyaebay_2-1635615313290.png

Message 15 of 58
latest reply