cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gallery Plus Fee???

I have just noticed I am being charged this "gallery plus fee" on every sale. I thought gallery plus would be for some sort of enhanced photo of the item and I have never done that.  Can anyone enlighten me on this additional charge to my account?

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Gallery Plus Fee???

Gallery plus offers:

• A larger picture, up to 400 x 400 pixels, when you hover over the item in search results. Otherwise, your picture is shown at the standard size of 96 pixels
  • A magnifying glass and Enlarge link
  • Access to all of your pictures in search results, if you have multiple pictures

Gallery Plus
Free for listings in the Collectibles, Art, Pottery & Glass, and Antiques categories

Listed Item Price  $150.00 or less     GP $1.00

Kisted Item Price  $151.00 +                GP $2.00

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Gallery Plus Fee???

Sorry, ran out of time - I hovered over your images on listings and they magnify so you have listed with GP.

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Gallery Plus Fee???

You are being charged as it is an add-on fee.

You need to bulk -edit that out, otherwise, they will continue to charge that fee per listing, until it sells on your FP items. 

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Gallery Plus Fee???

The real issue is that ebay allows its software to pre-select and check boxes for options that are not free.  This has happened a lot over the years and needs to stop.  Every time we set up a listing we need to be sure to look at every single extra check box to be sure they are not checked without our consent.  I notice this happening often with the "extra large image" checkbox that states "you MAY be charged extra".   I always uncheck that box when I see it was selected without my consent.

Gallery Plus is a similar term.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Gallery Plus Fee???

Gallery Plus is free in some categories (Collectibles, Art, Pottery & Glass, and Antiques) so when you list in those categories eBay checks off the option automatically. But then if you use one of those listings as as a template, or as the basis for "Sell similar" or change the category, eBay does not un-check it.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Gallery Plus Fee???

@jodieblue57 

Some have reported that with the changes (removal of some altogether) eBay has made to "categories" and moving products to other ones (where the Gallery Plus is not free) has resulted in the extra charges.  

I am sure what @nobody*s_perfect posted in message #6 would hold true as well. 

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Gallery Plus Fee???

Yikes, I hadn't paid much attention to the category changes. I didn't realize that there could be items that got moved from an eligible main category (e.g., Collectibles) to a different one.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Gallery Plus Fee???

@jodieblue57 wrote:

I have just noticed I am being charged this "gallery plus fee" on every sale. I thought gallery plus would be for some sort of enhanced photo of the item and I have never done that.  Can anyone enlighten me on this additional charge to my account?

Going forward whenever you create a listing, check at the bottom before you hit the enter button. It will state if there are charges for creating the listing. Hover over the tab and it will explain what the charges are. 

What I have had happen to me in the past that I accidently clicked on one of the bonus features without realizing. The next time I created a listing that feature was automatically turned on. If you click on your listings by newest created you should be able to pinpoint when it started by using edit, fixing when you find and re-save.

-Lotz

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Gallery Plus Fee???

My listings are still in the Pottery & Glass category, even after the category updates, but I am being charged the Gallery Plus fee anyway when an item renews. I have removed Gallery Plus from all my listings for now to prevent further charges, but ebay needs to fix this.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Gallery Plus Fee???

I've noticed lately that ebay is Pre-Checking the GP box on many of my listings!!  So, now I have to carefully watch each and every listing as I relist!!

Greedy, Scammy Crooks!!!

JUDY-ism...the Only religion I need!

WWJD...What Would JUDY Do?!

^^X^^
Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Gallery Plus Fee???

I hate that this happens, alot of times they check the box for best offers, its drives me crazy

Message 12 of 12
latest reply