cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order Refunds - No Order Level Refund allowed?

When a customer purchases a couple items from my store, eBay adds up the total shipping and that is what they charge the customer. In the past I was able to do an order level refund for the extra shipping charged. The only option I have now it to give a discount for each item.  I no longer have an option to give a refund for the shipping off of the order total. Am I missing something?

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: Order Refunds - No Order Level Refund allowed?

Screenshot?

Message 2 of 19
latest reply

Here it iseBayRefund.jpg

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

There's been a few post about this last couple weeks.

Don't know why they changed it like that?

Have a great day
Message 4 of 19
latest reply

I didn't see those other posts. eBay fixing things that ain't broken again, SMH.  I hope they fix it again soon.

Message 5 of 19
latest reply

I wish this would get fixed as well. When buyers check out with more than 1 item I always give a refund. This makes it confusing. I don't really know what the buyer sees on their refund (though you can use a note.) I also don't know how this effects a possible refund in the future on the order if an item has to be returned.

I don't have this problem a lot, sales are what they are. But, I could see me going nuts trying to figure this out.

Message 6 of 19
latest reply

Hey, it's not just me then. When trying to refund shipping for a combined shipping order I have to refund as if it were separate orders. 

Message 7 of 19
latest reply

It may be broken to us but I’m sure that eBay wants it to be that way.  I have no idea why.

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

I looked over my recent sales.

The reasons are no longer there, like "shipping discount" but I am able to refund any amount I want to a buyer.

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 9 of 19
latest reply

I think that the complaint is that for multiple items the seller can not refund one amount for overpaid shipping. They have to put in an amount for each item. So instead of typing in an $8 refund for 8 items,  they have to type in $1 refund next to each item.

Message 10 of 19
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

I think that the complaint is that for multiple items the seller can not refund one amount for overpaid shipping. They have to put in an amount for each item. So instead of typing in an $8 refund for 8 items,  they have to type in $1 refund next to each item.

Can' you put in a $8 refund for one item and $0 refund for the remaining seven items?

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 11 of 19
latest reply

@greenlakesales wrote:

I didn't see those other posts. eBay fixing things that ain't broken again, SMH.  I hope they fix it again soon.

How else would their IT dept keep their jobs if they didn't create their own problems to fix?

But yea I'm seeing the same thing as you too.

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

If one item cost more than $8 they probably could.  I wouldn't think that each item would need an amount.

But that might worry the buyer into thinking that if they returned that item, their refund would be $8 less. 

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

Ebay has always had a problem with allocation. If you were to use the promotional markdown "buy 1 get 1 free" for your listings, the buyer wouldn't see their order details as 

Item #1 $10

Item #2 FREE

But rather ebay would show them this

Item #1 $5

Item #2 $5

There were a few times I would have dumb buyers try to capitalize off of this and complain to me that their 2nd item wasn't free and demanded a $5 refund to "make it free." I'd basically tell them to "shut up and get outta here". Usually that would stop it right there. It's pretty cut and dry, but still I'd have to waste my energy to reply to them like that.

Message 14 of 19
latest reply

Put it in the "refund amount" at the bottom. I did now the other day without a problem.

Message 15 of 19
latest reply