cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No sign of the 2021 1099-K ...

I checked Seller Hub - Taxes link and here's all eBay is showing for the 1099-K form ... they show last year's (2020) that was provided ........................................ in August.  I have my account set to receive it both Online and via Mail ... nada.  And the 1099-K Details tab simply states the following: "No 1099-K information available for this year."  Hmmmm .....

Screenshot (3277).png

I'm not sure I know what to say about this ....

Mr. L

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

@mr_lincoln wrote:

I checked Seller Hub - Taxes link and here's all eBay is showing for the 1099-K form ... they show last year's (2020) that was provided ........................................ in August. 

Are you saying that you did get a copy of your 1099-K for 2020 until August 2021? If so, how did you handle this on the tax return you filed in April 2021?

Or did you actually get your 1099-K in time last year, and you are just pointing out that you don't understand why the date says August 2021?

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

@luckythewinner wrote:

@mr_lincoln wrote:

I checked Seller Hub - Taxes link and here's all eBay is showing for the 1099-K form ... they show last year's (2020) that was provided ........................................ in August. 

Are you saying that you did get a copy of your 1099-K for 2020 until August 2021? If so, how did you handle this on the tax return you filed in April 2021?

Or did you actually get your 1099-K in time last year, and you are just pointing out that you don't understand why the date says August 2021?

@luckythewinner  First and foremost, I have no clue why eBay and Seller Hub would post inaccurate information ... but they do.  I do not recall all the exact details from last year's return but since I also have numerous Consignment sales that I add to my total sales the amount on the eBay (and last year's PayPal for part of the year) 1099-K would only be part of the puzzle ... meaning, I will be reporting more then the 1099-K from eBay for 2021.

I now use eBay's CSV files to report my bi-annual sales to the State for Tax ID purposes.  So that is the total I use for eBay sales ... that  report was due in January and was processed on the 15th, well ahead of eBay issuing the 1099-K ... and as of this writing, while it may not be August it certainly hasn't been the first 30 days and 10.5 hours of January ... maybe they'll get them out before midnight here on the East cost ... but I don't know that nor does anyone else.   

Any pertinent late information is sent to the accountant and if we have to amend anything we do so ...

Regards,
Message 3 of 13
latest reply

I'm in the same boat as you Mr Lincoln as of 2-3-22. Can't find any answers. Ebay is horrible in regards to customer service. It's not even possible to contact Ebay with specific questions and concerns. Knowing that I'm not the only one experiencing this, makes me feel better.  Ebay is inefficient at what they do and can't be bothered with updating the 1099 status, as it clearly states we were supposed to have them by 1-31-22. My guess is that we will see something in the next 14 days. 

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

@20wood17 wrote:

I'm in the same boat as you Mr Lincoln as of 2-3-22. Can't find any answers. Ebay is horrible in regards to customer service. It's not even possible to contact Ebay with specific questions and concerns. Knowing that I'm not the only one experiencing this, makes me feel better.  Ebay is inefficient at what they do and can't be bothered with updating the 1099 status, as it clearly states we were supposed to have them by 1-31-22. My guess is that we will see something in the next 14 days. 

From wkly chat yesterday concerning how to contact ebay about problems with 1099's

if you go to your payments screen you'll see a HELP cox on the right side. From there you can request a call or chat directly with the payments team. Thanks!

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Weekly-Discussion-with-eBay/Community-Chat-February-2-1-00-pm-PT-Gener...

message 32

from experience, you may not see the help option except during the hours they are available..........

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

@mr_lincoln 

You don't have the 1099K for 2021 that you were expecting.

And I, a California seller with about $3900 processed by MP for 2021, have one.

EBay, a website with a history of (sometimes huge) software glitches, decides to handle "the money" and takes over its buyer-facing, front-end payment processing.  What could possibly go wrong?

[Sorry for the unhelpful, snarky comment (but not very)]

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

i dont have my 1099-k yet. i going on the help now to ask again why they wont provide 1099-k

the problem is all customer service is overseas and they dont have a clue what a 1099 is. or why i need it. 

wish me luck.  

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

i was on online chat with payments department for over an hour  he told me it would be posted definitely by Sunday. and asked for my forgiveness for delay.

you dont want to know my response.

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

@tealt wrote:

@mr_lincoln 

You don't have the 1099K for 2021 that you were expecting.

And I, a California seller with about $3900 processed by MP for 2021, have one.

EBay, a website with a history of (sometimes huge) software glitches, decides to handle "the money" and takes over its buyer-facing, front-end payment processing.  What could possibly go wrong?

[Sorry for the unhelpful, snarky comment (but not very)]

Actually @tealt I am tardy with posting an Update here, mine showed up in Seller Hub very late Monday January 31st ... I have been busy and have not looked at it yet ...

Regards,
Message 9 of 13
latest reply

This is my 1st year selling and I have the same thing and I’m sure I sold more then 600 in sales! I started on August but eBay is just for filing their own pockets!! I try to get though and nothing! I bet if I file my taxes I will be fined!! Isn’t this illegal? 

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

I'm not sure if this is solved yet but it is way past January 31 first for me now and almost the end of the month does anyone have any recommendations?

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

@angla.mendez9 wrote:

I'm not sure if this is solved yet but it is way past January 31 first for me now and almost the end of the month does anyone have any recommendations?

Your listings say that you are based on California.  So eBay would issue you a 1099-K for 2021 only if you had more than 200 transactions AND they were for a total of $20,000 or more. If you are below either of those thresholds, then there iwll be no 1099-K for you.

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

I've done the same thing multiple times, they tell me to wait 7 days after they file a request for my 1099 and two months later I still don't have it.  

Message 13 of 13
latest reply