cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone had their seller account restricted MC011?

Hello Good People,

I have made a sale in ebay last month and they got my account on MC011 block which is holding my paid funds, reason is very weak and not clear why they are keeping my account on hold due to no paper work of proof of purchase for items i have sold hence their reputation must be in trustworthy level, but in my case i have my items i sold as a give away and i do not have any invoice for them or proof of purchase, now i am stuck due to this and am not getting paid due to this block not sure how to resolve this any ideas?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

With certain electronic devices the seller needs to be approved before you sell them.  You're a new seller and ebay watches new sellers who start off selling high end items right off the bat.  Were you approved to sell these items? If not, that's the problem. 

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

@barrynza wrote:
Well, no, I haven't. But then, I wouldn't start my eBay selling career listing $5000 worth of highly fraudulent, computer components, located in New Zealand, listed on the dot com (USA)  site, using the United States Postal Service as my carrier.

Hello Good People,

I have made a sale in ebay last month and they got my account on MC011 block which is holding my paid funds, reason is very weak and not clear why they are keeping my account on hold due to no paper work of proof of purchase for items i have sold hence their reputation must be in trustworthy level, but in my case i have my items i sold as a give away and i do not have any invoice for them or proof of purchase, now i am stuck due to this and am not getting paid due to this block not sure how to resolve this any ideas?

You need to prove these were 'give-away'. No company gives ANYTHING away without getting information from you, and documentation, signed by you saying you received these as the winner in a raffle or contest. That company would need to prove to their accounting department that these items were promo'ed out. 
If a company has given away 10 or 12 of these units, that documentation will also carry a caveat that these are not to be sold. I don't believe there are very many contests or raffles that give away items in bulk. You were very fortunate to find and win such a contest.

No one asked, but I am looking forward to the day when having feedback default sorted by relevance seems right.
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

I will also say,  if eBay enforced their policy of new seller listing limits, across the board to all new sellers, new sellers wouldn't get in these situations.

I see a lot of red flags in your situation... New Zealand user, listing on eBay dot com, high value listings, using USPS... 

No one asked, but I am looking forward to the day when having feedback default sorted by relevance seems right.
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Wouldn't be better to have pre-approval process while listing the ittems, in my case ebay limited me to 200$ then i requested increase to 5k they approved and i sold them and maxed 5k. After sending them i got mc011 a bit harsh, again ebay has a process flaw from my view, the mc011 must take place while listing but it is aftermath. Do you know if my fund will be released in future?

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

It doesnt make lot of sense, this box of cards are given away from a company that gone through bankruptcy due to covid 19 locdowns, your comments are more assumption than anything else, weather is nz or somewhere else must not bother ebay as it doesnt bother when i buy from us. Yes there may be a lot of red flags but these flags must have been raise while listing the ittems not after selling and delivering. Especially for a new seller like myself. 

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Exactly agreed on preapproval procesd but in my case i have requested for limit increase and they approve from 200 to 5k and i maxed it out and made 5k paid, ok they got paid and delivered then i got mc011 wouldnt be better if mc011 took place while listing process?

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

I am very sorry this happened to you. The MC011 is a serious matter.

If you cannot prove how you legitimately acquired your items for sale, your account is in jeopardy. What eBay is asking for is not unusual for a new seller who is listing expensive goods at greatly reduced prices. eBay is looking for documented evidence that your items are both authentic and acquired legally. You may not be able to produce the item receipts, but surely you have some kind of an official paper trail supporting your sales efforts?

Under these kinds of circumstances, a seller's funds will usually be held until the restriction is resolved and the account is reinstated. Below is a link to the Payment Holds policy. In it is a portal to see when eBay is estimating the payment hold will be lifted. Good luck and hope this gets settled to your benefit.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/getting-paid/getting-paid-items-youve-sold/payments-hold?id=4816#:....

Message 8 of 8
latest reply